It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome find in Northern Kentucky, Help identifying this picture please

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
It's a couple triangle UFO's against the sun ferrying us off this rock before that black hole devours our whole solar system.

I am fighting the urge to carve a small stone and leave it next time I'm camping for giggles.

Having said that, you reminded me that I forgot to include the first thing I actually thought when I saw the OP picture.
......it could also be a more recent attempt of someone attempting to emulate the rudimentary and symbolic constructions of primitive mankind.
IMHO, if this stone were as ancient as it seems to imply, then the marks on it would be far less discernible and cleanly-grooved.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by K_OS

I didn't come across any exact matches from doing a tiny bit of Googling. But I did find this interesting article about possible Assyrian contact with early Native Americans, that I thought was worth sharing.

www.assyriatimes.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sungod worship. It's obviously some form of idol, and considering that some tribes use totems, seeing an idol from another native tribe doesn't surprise me any. Sungod and moongoddess worship was nothing new to native tribes, south america is full of ancient cultures that engaged in that and we know trade did occur between the northern american tribes and southern american tribes, so influence from one region to another is not something i find surprising.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Looking at it like that I see a CME engulfing planets.....or maybe a ship leaving a planet.

I see DarkCloud seen the same thing as me.
edit on 21-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I see a face with a head dress when it's turned to hang if it were a charm or pendant. Does anyone else see it?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It looks to me like the moon shielding the earth from a massive solar flare. The hole is probably for a rope or string to be worn or hung up.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The moundbuilders of Kentucky are known as the Adena culture. I'd be willing to bet its some artifact related to them. Stone tablets with stylized zoomoropological symbols have been excavated from the mounds there before. Doing more research now, this type of stuff fascinates me

** Looks like the sun rising or setting behind a mountain. Maybe the mountain is actually a burial mound?
edit on 22-12-2012 by JJRichey because: Add Information

**All of the pendants I have found are plain, no writing/symbology of any kind. Unfortunatly, its not uncommon for someone to take a real, not uncommon artifact and embellish it to make it un-ordinary. In addition, judging from other Adrena artifacts, they seem to have been pretty good at carving things, even things from human bone (not as uncommon as you might think). These etchings/gouges seem to be very amateurish. Perhaps it was done by the wearer just to personalize it, if it was indeed orginal to the artifact.
edit on 22-12-2012 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

Wiki Entry

Stone tablets The Adena also carved small stone tablets, usually 4 or 5 inches by 3 or 4 inches by .5 inches thick. On one or both flat sides were gracefully composed stylized zoomorphs or curvilinear geometric designs in deep relief. Paint has been found on some Adena tablets, leading archaeologists to propose that these stone tablets were probably used to stamp designs on cloth or animal hides, or onto their own bodies.[12] Its possible they were used to outline designs for tattooing.[6]

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
the triangle is a gate way in the sun and its opening up to the earth and moon. the way the aliens are coming into our universe

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
With further reasearch, I'm leaning towards it being from the Fort Ancient Culture, also from around Kentucky. Much more rudimentry carvings than the Adena.

This artifact has a similar circle w/ a small depression in the middle:

www.penbrandt.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
According to THIS website, the symbol may be of Weantinoge American Indian tribe origin, and represents "The Great Spirit", where Earth, Sky, and Water meet. Which would make sense, with the Sun (sky) and mountain (Earth) being the dominant objects on the stone. Maybe those squiggly lines that remind us of sun rays are actually represent water?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Here is what I see...but I'm mildly insane, so who knows.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My interpretation:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Here's my sketch:

Horizontal (stone):

Vertical (pendant):

edit on 22-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

I think more info about it would be helpful. What are the exact latitude and longitude of the place where this was unearthed? Who found it? If it wasn't the OP who found it, where is the stone now? Why aren't there any other pictures of the stone on the Internet? If it was the OP who found it, has the OP shown it to an expert on Native Americans? etc.
edit on 22-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: I added some questions

edit on 22-12-2012 by diqiushiwojia because: De-pluralise (singularise?)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by K_OS

Originally posted by JJRichey
**All of the pendants I have found are plain, no writing/symbology of any kind. Unfortunatly, its not uncommon for someone to take a real, not uncommon artifact and embellish it to make it un-ordinary.

These etchings/gouges seem to be very amateurish.

This^. It would be a pendant but that.. idk, pyramid effigy (?) is crude. Whats the material? It sure doesn't look like hardstone. If that was an authentic pendant it would be nicer imho, plain and simple. Knowing the location you found it helps a great deal, that can help you link it to a tribe easier? If you think its genuine throw it up on an artifact board, I think they will tell you its modern though.

edit on 22-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Must admit it looks pretty new to me, I used to make stuff like that as a kid.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

its a worktop

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It is obviosuly a mark made by the rock abrasion tool equiped on a 1 million year ago Earth rover sent from Mars to study earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by K_OS

The rock tells a story that can be explained by starting with the rock. The question is what does the rock represent.
The rock represents a planet.

Then the question is what does the hole represent.
The hole represents the planet that is no longer where the hole is.

The large triangle represents planet Earth.
The rock is shaped like a triangle, which means the small triangle represents the rock. The planet that is missing.

The planet is inside the Sun.

edit on 22-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by K_OS

So, a stone has been found with a hole in it and some scraping................"Let's tell the world about it!"

Go and watch spongebob...........

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Who remembers the story about the mysterious black triangle in the sun from 9 months ago... maybe a year ago? That's what this looks like to me, maybe the triangle is emitting something and it's hitting the Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join