It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Conspiracy In This Forum To Only allow Anti Christian Threads to be offensive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not a regular here..but going down the thread list, I see Jesus being alleged to be gay, numerous belittling of Christianity and Christmas ..but not one offensive thread relating to other faiths.
I thought the thread about Jesus coming out at christmas would have been put into the trash bin, but apparently this is ok.
What are the odds if this thread above was about Moses being a sodomist , that it would have been deleted?
So why is it kosher to accuse Jesus of being a sodomist?
At Christmas time when this is christians most revered time.
The celebration of Jesus Christs life...the day he was born.
And one of the threads highlighted here is about him ,being gay ....do you know how offensive that is?
Not that he was gay, but that he practised sex outside marriage.
I beleve there is a conspiracy here to ridicule christians because those who do know ...for some odd reason they can get away with it.
But try and start a thread insulting belittling even in your title a Jewish holy figure ...and see how far one gets.
The transparency is breathtaking.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not trying to be off-topic, but Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ATS is really disappointing lately ..

This place used to have a lot of quality content .. now things are just getting odder and odder, yeah there was lots of "creative" thinkers back then .. but man... I dunno anymore =)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
But to be on topic... my short response?.. No .. there isn't ... and if you see these forums regularly you'll know that to be true...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness
Not a regular here..but going down the thread list, I see Jesus being alleged to be gay, numerous belittling of Christianity and Christmas ..but not one offensive thread relating to other faiths.
I thought the thread about Jesus coming out at christmas would have been put into the trash bin, but apparently this is ok.
What are the odds if this thread above was about Moses being a sodomist , that it would have been deleted?
And one of the threads highlighted here is about him ,being gay ....do you know how offensive that is?
I beleve there is a conspiracy here to ridicule christians because those who do know ...for some odd reason they can get away with it.
But try and start a thread insulting belittling even in your title a Jewish holy figure ...and see how far one gets.

You are right, we should all stop being so picky. We should make sure to belittle ALL religions equally. I'm for that.You ask the question "do you know how offensive that is?" then in the very next line type "not that he was gay" hey, it's in the bible that sodomists are naughty.
You should take the time to read a few of the threads that are PRO christ on here and you will find out that there are many members that give as good as they get in the insult stakes. Heck, they laugh like little school kids about how they will be saved and others will perish, like they are HAPPY that there will be people (oops souls) in agony for eternity.

But you're right, I totally agree, we definately should bag out all religions equally. Take a look at the loss of history, culture and understanding brought about by these couple of examples of religious enlightenment. The spaniards and their RC religion (christian wasn't it?) destroying the records over in sth america, the christians sacking alexandria and destroying the library (what a criminal act for the rest of humanity and history) the muzzies doing the same thing to the library of alexandria. so there you have it, I am willing to bag out all religions. happy now?

oh by the way, ............................................. peace

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

This place used to have a lot of quality content .. now things are just getting odder and odder, yeah there was lots of "creative" thinkers back then .. but man... I dunno anymore =)

don't give up hope. we still have the brilliance and wit of slayer, sage, drusilla (sp sorry dru) and a host of other very smart people. I am just thankful I have the opportunity to read some of their insightful work

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Sadly what You friend call quality, was already the decline of ATS (looking at Your join date). No offense, I fully support Your opinion, but man, You should have seen this site back in 07/08 ... Great times ... great times ....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709

You are right, we should all stop being so picky. We should make sure to belittle ALL religions equally. I'm for that.You ask the question "do you know how offensive that is?" then in the very next line type "not that he was gay" hey, it's in the bible that sodomists are naughty.
You should take the time to read a few of the threads that are PRO christ on here and you will find out that there are many members that give as good as they get in the insult stakes. Heck, they laugh like little school kids about how they will be saved and others will perish, like they are HAPPY that there will be people (oops souls) in agony for eternity.

But you're right, I totally agree, we definately should bag out all religions equally. Take a look at the loss of history, culture and understanding brought about by these couple of examples of religious enlightenment. The spaniards and their RC religion (christian wasn't it?) destroying the records over in sth america, the christians sacking alexandria and destroying the library (what a criminal act for the rest of humanity and history) the muzzies doing the same thing to the library of alexandria. so there you have it, I am willing to bag out all religions. happy now?

oh by the way, ............................................. peace

Love the sarcasm attempt, but it was acutely obvious in your critique of all religions you only mentioned the excesses of the false christians and the false muslims ...you didn't mention judaism.

I agree its freedom of expression to bag all...all..all religions...that is the point.

If only one is exempt and only one is mainly the target of offensive threads then one could say that is discrimination of the worst kind.
And isn't ATS meant to Deny Ignorance?
At least you stayed on topic.
To the rest who went off topic and didn't even show the basics of intelligence in your repies....I will turn the other cheek.
We all know here on ATS how alerting a mod to some peoples comments results in the alerter getting banned , and the offensive posts remain.
That is the hypocrisy of ATS slogan here.
You can insult one religion , but not one special religion.
Its called selective elimination of bigotry.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be selective. I wouldn't know if a religion is a real one or a false one. They're ALL DUMB to me. so to help out, here are a couple more. The jewish religion is based on a god (note the small g) that demands sacrifice in its name. They have the reputation of being money grabbers, hence the term "jew" when referring to someone who is tight with money. how about the 7th day addies. Their religion was founded through the 2 (not 1 but 2) failed attempts by a bloke named miller that the end was coming.

What about the new age guff, all full of fluffy feelings that "only the chosen" can pick up on. And they have their amazing ability to talk in tongues. What a load of crock. How about the bappos? They are only one step behind the new age groupins waving their hands around with emotional looks on their faces
And what about the tent evangelicals and the cable TV evangelicals. Wow, they are rolling in money, have fancy jewellery, and heaps of caked on make up. Heck, they even get to go on .............. wait for it .......................... hannity. Must be the road to salvation. so there you have it. I'm sorry if have left anybody out
I really DO MEAN ALL religions

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok mate start a thread insulting Moses or Mohammed, or Allah directly insinuating they were gay and see if your thread lives .
Iam a good punter, so I would say it would be in the bin very very quickly , unlike all the threads openly belittling and ridiculing and slandering the Christian revered one.

I have noticed no one can challenge this thread ,because truth cannot be challenged.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well, actually, in theory, it should be pretty easy to challenge the thread. If one was wanting to they could likely use ATS Search and look for threads challenging say Islam (or any other religion). Once found, they could then post links here and then say, "See, you are wrong. Look at these threads that prove you wrong."

So far, no takers on doing that.

The proof is out there.. or is it?

These threads are always interesting. On the one hand, if you are wrong it should be very easy to prove. On the other, if nobody can prove you wrong by pointing out examples then...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Well, it is offensive... but the poster who posted the thread only copy pasted the news article.

That said, there is no "conspiracy" against Christianity on this forum.
Yes, there are threads that question and criticize Christianity, but only in a decent and civil manner (at least the ones I participate in) But for every thread criticizing Christianity, there are two to three threads promoting Christianity.

This is a platform for people of all backgrounds to express their views. I see my belief system being criticized and denigrated by Christians (and non-Christians) on a daily basis, but I've learned to take it in stride and calmly post my rebuttals. I guess that's the only way to go about it.

If you want a forum where threads are not offensive to Christianity, you might want to consider a purely Christian forum. They usually keep non-Christians in line with their strict rules, so one cant get away with an anti-Christian threads.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Are you kidding? Everything is up for grabs here or in open season.

The thing about threads that are offensive, in this case, anti christain of this sort or that. Two things to remember...

1. Like no other area of discusion here, most anti christain posters dont know much about it even though they can go on and on and sound very educated on the matter.

2. There are those that post with the intention, for one reason or another, to blast christianity.

I know all this may be shocking at first but it refelcts the world out there to some measure. You will hear things on here that you wont hear at church thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I do not know if you are deliberately missing the point, you seem intelligent so I will assume you are ,but only in my opinion.

What is the title of this thread?

You very acutely ignored my question.

It's not about just the offensive downright vilifying threads agains tChristianity, its that other religions are off limits espescially Judaism .

Honesty requires admission of the truth, I think you know iam speaking the truth, but shrewdness is a habit.

All I want for this world as a human being is equality...Iam really not sure that is what some here want.

Prove me wrong...point me to a thread calling Moses Gay or a blasphemer.
ON ATS.
Its simple what Iam saying is true and it must be a conspiracy, ie one or more conspiring to influence or achieve an outcome.

So what is the outcome desired?

Well Stalin tried really hard to exterminate all forms of religion and the Christians were the victims approx 98%..
And Stalin is still revered by many all across the world.
I wonder if that is the outcome desired, it certainly appears so by the threads in this forum.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Everybody gets bashed on here, some of it deserved, some of it not, but there is people here from all walks of life, with different beliefs and opinions.

Among the popular to take grief are:

Gays
Jews (mostly Zionist Israel ones)
Christians
Muslims
Mormons
Sceptics
British (usually by the Americans)
Americans (usually by just about everybody not American, and even then some that are)
Phage (usually because he is right, and people can't accept that)
Anyone born after 1992

The list is quite extensive.

It's a discussion site, it happens, and when it gets out of hand, the mods are usually quick to bring out the beating sticks.

edit on 21/12/12 by woogleuk because: Don't know my sites from my threads, sheesh

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Well, actually, in theory, it should be pretty easy to challenge the thread. If one was wanting to they could likely use ATS Search and look for threads challenging say Islam (or any other religion). Once found, they could then post links here and then say, "See, you are wrong. Look at these threads that prove you wrong."

So far, no takers on doing that.

The proof is out there.. or is it?

These threads are always interesting. On the one hand, if you are wrong it should be very easy to prove. On the other, if nobody can prove you wrong by pointing out examples then...

Great post, and very challenging but I would like to refine the challenge to a thread that has been posted on ATS older than say a week , that has not been binned, that vilifies moses by pasting or writing any accussations about him been gay or a pervert, or having sex outside marriage.

Or a thread ridiculing passover or hannakah, or calling Allah or mohammed the things that the threads here accuse Jesus Christ of.

I will bet there will be no thread with a title vilifying Moses or Mohammed that wasn't removed very promptly.

Equality that is all...we are saying, give it a chance.
edit on 21-12-2012 by OrionsWitness because: wood spacing and spellin

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Mm I don't really think you can accuse Stalin as being predominantly anti-christian when he killed x million amount of jews aswell !!

I could get quite uptight about the amount of 'christian' inspired anti evolution type threads there are on here at times but that would be silly

There really isn't an anti-christian conspiracy and even if there was,well it's lasted 1980 or so years so far therefore I think it'll weather this perceived storm

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Great post, and very challenging but I would like to refine the challenge to a thread that has been posted on ATS older than say a week , that has not been binned, that vilifies moses by pasting or writing any accussations about him been gay or a pervert, or having sex outside marriage.

Here you go:
Muhammad (Peace be upon him) Was A Polygamist And A Pedophile

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Plenty on Moses too, just use the ATS function, I found one accusing him of being a killer, a caveman, a schizophrenic....and loads more!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

its that other religions are off limits espescially Judaism .

Its not that Judaism is "off limits".
Its just that Christianity happens to be the most discussed religion on these forums. Anything in the spotlight naturally ends up attracting critics. Its just that the majority of the posters here are either from North America and Europe. So the member population would naturally consist of Christians or atheists who are familiar with Christianity.

From what I've seen, threads on Judaism are very rare. And threads on other religions such as hinduism and Sikhism etc are even rarer. It doesn't mean those religions are off limits at all.

Prove me wrong...point me to a thread calling Moses Gay or a blasphemer.
ON ATS.

Well, I did come across somebody who made a post calling Moses an evil man because of his genocidal wars and allowing his soldiers men to capture virgins for use as sex slaves.

People tend not to focus on Moses... but rather one of the religions that Moses is part of. Since Christianity is one of the "popular" religions here, people focus on the central figure of that religion - Jesus. So Jesus attracts more critics. Unfortunately, some of them resort to insults and mockery, which I agree is uncalled for.

edit on 21-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join