It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letters from a post-apocalyptic nightmare world. Post your experiences of 21DEC2012 thus far.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
On 21DEC2012 the nightmare began in the evening while i was over at my parents' house helping the old man move some furniture. A slick concrete floor, a spot of water and a 50kg kitchen cupboard meant I slipped over and ended up under the cupboard. A bruised and twisted knee and ankle were my introduction to the Mayan apocalypse.

I woke up this morning (it's now 22DEC2012 here) only to discover that it had rained last night and I'd left my car's driver's side window open. To make matters worse, there's no coffee so I have to go and get some before I've had one. It doesn't take a pole shift, alien invasion or a tsunami to be a post-apocalyptic nightmare world.

How are the rest of you grubby survivors coping after the apocalypse?

edit on 21-12-2012 by nottelling because: Salted the post with some spelling and grammatical errors so as not to appear infallible

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Woke up. Checked my email. Did some work. Ate a sandwich. Posted in your thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nottelling
On 21DEC2012 the nightmare began in the evening while i was over at my parents' house helping the old man move some furniture. A slick concrete floor, a spot of water and a 50kg kitchen cupboard meant I slipped over and ended up under the cupboard. A bruised and twisted knee and ankle were my introduction to the Mayan apocalypse.

I woke up this morning (it's now 22DEC2012 here) only to discover that it had rained last night and I'd left my car's driver's side window open. To make matters worse, there's no coffee so I have to go and get some before I've had one. It doesn't take a pole shift, alien invasion or a tsunami to be a post-apocalyptic nightmare world.

How are the rest of you grubby survivors coping after the apocalypse?

edit on 21-12-2012 by nottelling because: Salted the post with some spelling and grammatical errors so as not to appear infallible

Woke up, worked a little bit on a project of mine, got really disappointed because the world didn't end, took a shower and cooked for my family. Now I'm gathering with friends for a party, have some beer and pancakes.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Woke up. Checked my email. Did some work. Ate a sandwich. Posted in your thread.

I didn't wake up. My email doesn't work. Don't work. No bread. Replied to your comment.

Babysitting tonight when there's a end of the world party at a known club, I'm missing that one, mini skirts you know the deal.
It's really weird (or funny) actually that the 21st is here and nearly gone and nothing of any consequence has happened, round my ends anyway.

I remember years ago reading something about this date and how we were going to wake up and the whole world would be black, dark, and material objects would start disappearing and we were told that two tall human like creatures would come for us, and they would be our new parents, not to be scared.

Yes, I wasted valuable time reading that. The funniest thing is some people bought that crap.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Woke up 4 pm, checked the news for some action. No action. Went to sleep again.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

The dishwasher still is not working. It's a madhouse. A madhouse!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I didn't have any dreams or anything last night. I did wake up I had no plans to wake up at the "apocalypse" time, but this morning at 5:11 am I woke up sat straight up in bed, looked at the clock saw what time it was. Got up went to the bathroom, got back in bed and went back to sleep!!

Today it's pretty here, not nearly as windy as it was yesterday, but cool.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well i got up and went Christmas shopping with
Err indoors
Iam now wishing for it to happen

Cran

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's my tenth wedding anniversary so I'm waiting for Hubby to get home so we can go out.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Woke up this morning and Justin Beiber was still a singer.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

hmm, where to start...

My screen door keeps blowing open. It's very windy. The "Mayan Wind" we call it here.

My "spot" on the couch is definitely less comfortable. I think the foam in the cushions are simply not as springy.

The cat litter box is practically over flowing. My daughter has not cleaned it in a few days...

Those are just a few things i have noticed today.

V

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Woke up, got out of bed. dragged a comb across my head..... argued with my tow teenage daughters. Then I drank some Kronenbourg 1664 and all is so much better. Played Euromillions, got an invitation to a party, feel really positive and that's it.

Disappointing really!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I didn't sleep much last night (has nothing to do with doomsday) so I tossed and turned and listened to the rain and wind. The wind got more and more intense as the night went on and the temperature dropped to 50F. I woke up with a cold nose and a nice breeze coming into my room from the sliding door.

I got up made breakfast and watched Deep Impact
After that I've been watching "Bones" all day via Netflix. I've eaten enough for multiple people, pregnancy will do that to you. As I type this I'm eating velveeta mac and cheese. Not my first choice but it's microwavable and I needed to eat. Dinner will be in couple hours and I'm having stir fry made by moi of course...til then I am sitting on the couch watching "Bones."

I haven't gotten out of my pjs today either! I've taken a couple naps and just relaxed on this wonderful doomsday.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I had a great 21 December, it being my brothers birthday we had a little get together at my parents house.
Nothing special just family and friends, birthday cake and a few drinks. Good to catch up with people.
The 21st came and went and it is now the 22nd, nothing different only for some reason I feel a bit more positive
about things. I have a couple of weeks of holiday before I go back to the grind. Same as any year in my 30 or so years of working life.
All I can add is same sh*t different day.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
Woke up this morning and Justin Beiber was still a singer.

-Ghoster

I would say performer.
Not a singer.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I woke up without alarm at 6:00 am est. The Solstice occurred here at 6:12 am. I got up...it was still dark...looked out the window and started making coffee. The sun rose at 7:29 so I took a cup of coffee outside....wind was howling but the sky was still clear at the time. Watched the sunrise and said hello to winter and farewell to an age...I suppose it "is" the end of an age, the 13th Baktun ends and a new one begins.

Nothing extraordinary happened, just another day...what I expected.

Had the Television on cheesy "doomsday" movies all day while I worked...who can ask for better than that?
edit on 12/21/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I can report in rained in connecticut, and then the sun came out, and then the sun went down and it got dark

and it was pretty crowded at the toy store

more later, my pizza is getting cold

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Got up, got a coke, smoked a cig, drank some coke, smoked another cigarette, sat on the computer all day, smoked multiple cigs, drank multiple cokes, posted in your thread

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

My new chihuahua puppy messed on the floor... I broke down and was in the fetal position for six hours. Finally pulled it together and got on-line to see your thread.

The end is nigh...

I pray for us all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Woke up, got a cup of coffee and logged into ATS.

Read this Who is Christopher A. Rodia? Man in the woods and had my mind absolutely blown.

[edit] The 5th post down in thee thread is what actually made me go

edit on 21-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join