It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-religious haterd gone overboard.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What the Hell is wrong with people these days? After the shooting in Ct, the local Catholic clergy worked overtime to notify the parents and help them deal with their grief. They are presiding over the funerals of most of the children killed and probably haven't had a break since the moment this happened.

How does the world repay their devotion to helping their community?

What the hell is WRONG with these people?

Father Luke has an impossible task before him. His diocese is without a bishop right now. . .Monsignor…is personally devastated by the losses. The parish is very large…The rectory has received serious threats, and as my brother gave the homily Sunday at the noon mass, the church had to be evacuated by SWAT teams. After experiencing identity theft and online hacking incidents, he had to erase all of his internet accounts. After a weekend of endless media requests, notifications and vigils with heartbroken families, and little sleep, he now has two wakes and two funerals every day, until the fourth Sunday of Advent. Father Luke has not even been ordained two years.

Patheos

The parish received numerous threats and the priest had his identity stolen. What type of sick person would target the men trying to bring a little solace to the grieving families? Has the hatred for religion in this country gone this far, really?

Father Luke, for his part has only asked for the prayers of his friends and family to help get him through this ordeal. He would also like to get out another important aspect to this story, one the MSM has totally ignored.

On a hopeful note, Father Luke did say that no media coverage has even touched the deep, beautiful awakening of faith that has occurred there. Their tiny church, where my children have received sacraments and where Luke was ordained, has been full of people in prayer without ceasing since this tragedy happened. Love is stronger than death.

But, how would that story advance their anti-gun agenda.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That is pretty messed up. I am not even religious. He is doing some of the things everyone should be doing, regardless or religion, race, etc. The person(s) that is doing that has some issues that are more serious than just being against religion.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't know what the serious threats were, but this doesn't sound like it's about religion or guns. It sounds like it's about hate. Period.

It's shameful. Don't we have enough hate in this world already?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Are you sure it is the work of "anti-religious" types?

Sounds more like the work of "extremist pro-religion types" like the Westboro BC.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, God may or may not exist, but religion is nothing more than a tool invented by man to instill control through fear. Alot of people are pissed off at the Catholic church for the way they handled the sexual abuse of children. If one of my kids died in that tragic event I certainly would not want the Catholic church involved in any way. Whoever target this particular church may suspect this priest was one of the hundreds shuffled around to hide his crimes and may have been targeting his online accounts looking for evidence against him. In my family our funerals never take place in a church, we cremate our dead and then hold parties to celebrate their lives. I'm not religious, but I believe in a creator, I just don't fall victim to the sham called religion. Personally if I lost a child in any event I would be offended the Church was trying to get involved especially since I'm not Catholic. That's not the time to be trying to push your version of God onto others, or stick your face out there to get your 5mins of fame with a fake gesture, since everytime the Catholic church gets involved in these situations its for nothing other than their own personal agenda and to get free publicity. One day the human race will grow up and learn religion is just like Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, a myth, a tool to control the population by fear.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

I understand a lot of folks are upset with the Church because of the sex abuse scandal but this guy was only a priest for 2 years. Most of that stuff stopped decades ago and I doubt the Church does that stuff anymore. They learned their lesson.

You also have to remember, I believe it was the police who enlisted their aid to make the death notifications. Priests probably have training in this area and were able to break it to the parents gently. I highly doubt they forced their faith on any of the families. I'm sure if one of the families wasn't interested in their help, belonged to another church or were non-believers, they would have left them to grieve in their own way or seek out help from their own church, professional councilors or friends and family if that was their desire.

It seems to me that this is a majority Catholic town where most people go to the same Church. That is probably the reason these priests are doing all the burials in this town. Besides, I think there are rules against presiding over the funeral of someone from another faith or a non-believer.

I just can't imagine why such hatred was directed toward this guy. What did he do to anybody to deserve such treatment?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Unfortunately paedophiles never learn their lesson, and people in power will always cover for them when they are closely associated like a priest and a church. If they admitted to it now it just makes the church look bad so they hide it. Happens with anyone who commits a heinous act and is in a position of power or ties to a position of power, politicians, priests, CEOs, cops, etc. I actually know a former Catholic priest that lost his faith and left the church due to that very thing, archbishops covering up sexual abuse under the orders of the Vatican. He said the conspiracy went so deep he no longer wanted to be associated with the church in anyway what so ever and decided God obviously wouldn't condone their actions if he existed. The thing about him only being a priest for 2 years doesn't really matter alot of the kiddy diddlers that where shuffled were made to appear recently ordained at their new location as part of the cover-up. Police have more training to notify next of kin, and usually take that task themselves to judge reactions. However with them not suspecting parental involvement they may have asked for assistance. Usually they try to steer clear of religious involvement though.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

The problem is that Roman Catholicism does not represent Christianity but is often looked at as the spokesperson for all Christians world wide. It is just me or do people not know how to do research on their own.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Killuminati2

If you're referring to me I am well aware Catholicism does not represent all of Christianity, as much as they would like the world to believe they do. And that is my point, they come into this tragedy and want to represent all of the victims and their families in their time of need. The Vatican actually has guidelines for these kind of incidents to use them to their own ends to further their agenda, and ride the tragedies coattails to free publicityville. Its all a game to them, and the name of the game is money, power and control. That's a real life conspiracy fact. The Vatican is one of, if not the most corrupt religious entities on the planet. I always find it offensive when they jump on these tragedies like a starving hyena on an elephant carcass, and I'm not even religious. Religion in general has used and manipulated the idea of God to gain control of the masses for centuries. If there is a God you're not gonna find him or her in a church or a bible, you can only find them inside yourself. The whole idea of a church goes against the very book they preach from, it says don't worship false idols yet people gravel to the pope as if he's Jesus himself.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Poor father Luke. He never experienced first hand the torture and murder that religion has brought us for the past few thousand years. I don't agree with what happened, but to complain about this when you look at the historic atrocities committed by religion, it seems a bit insignificant in the long run.

I don't hate religion. I dislike people that attack others who don't agree with their worldview (ie the anti evolution / science crowd). That is detrimental to our society and has been for a long time.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

It's not exactly a hatred of religion in general (though there is some of that), but more a hatred of Christianity (in any form or denomination) and Judaism.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Crazy people do crazy things for crazy reasons.. no real way to prevent these things. Some nutjob (s) got a bee up their butt and thought they could do something nasty with the false belief they are anonymous on the internet. Hope they out the fools when they are caught. Who knows why... and I personally dont care WHY.. only that is was done in the first place. Im no catholic.. or even a christian, but I also dont hate anyone for who tor what they believe in.. if anything. The same nutbags that do these things are sort of the same mindset of those on here who troll religious folks and religion threads with verbal vomit repeated over and over about sky fairies and nonsense. The same buzz words and phrases.. so strange to have such a compulsion. They feel they are very clever and get a few stars from others of their mindset.. but all they are is hateful folks who do and say hateful things for no real reason other than to satiate some weird desire to harm others anonymously. Pretty much what happened here.. with this priest.

I agree with the other poster.. I dont belive it is religion thats the real object .. I believe its just hateful pathetic people who had to pick something to degrade and harm.. religion is a popular one these days. Once it was blacks or NDNs.. jews... etc. As they say.. haters gonna hate.. and they WILL find an object to hate. Maybe they themselves dont really even understand the reasons they do it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

So I'm trying to read your OP about how you sympathize with people after a shooting massacre, but there's this kitten continuously shooting a gun in your avatar. Too weird.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

So I'm trying to read your OP about how you sympathize with people after a shooting massacre, but there's this kitten continuously shooting a gun in your avatar. Too weird.

Its not a real cat.. or a real gun.. or real bullets. Its a avatar. How would an avatar of ones choosing have anything to do with someone's capacity to feel sympathy concerning this heinous crime? I swear the leaps Ive seen taken on this board recently have been incredible. Speaking of too weird...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by trysts

Its not a real cat.. or a real gun.. or real bullets. Its a avatar. How would an avatar of ones choosing have anything to do with someone's capacity to feel sympathy concerning this heinous crime? I swear the leaps Ive seen taken on this board recently have been incredible. Speaking of too weird...

Thanks for letting me know it's not a real cat. It's just kind of distracting reading the OP while continuous gun fire is going on the side of the OP. I guess I'm not as desensitized to it, to be able to focus on the words. So you can calm down now.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well when you consider how many people were tortured raped robbed and murdered by these kind gentle loving religious types. Then its only to be expected that some one should treat them the same way. Guys in black dresses molesting children? Good enough for them, its about right. They should be grateful that they didnt get a red hot lump of metal in their hands. If it burnt the hand then they were evil, if it didnt burn then they were inocent.

top topics

join