Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What if nothing happens?

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What's going to happen to the paranormal/new age community of the date doesn't materialize later today? Is it going to create a huge upwelling of cynicism and people no longer believing in the supernatural in general?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

They will just latch on to something else, or claim that something did happen but "we just cant see it" because we are not attuned to the right frequency.

Hopefully skepticism gets a big boost because of this.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why does everyone have to have immediate results when something happens. It takes time for these things to manifest. When you take medicine it usually takes a day or so before it works. When you fix a problem killing fish in a lake, it takes a while for the fish population to rebuild. Have patients, the change will happen. Not sure which way the change will go, I'm really hoping it goes the way of truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

They will just latch on to something else, or claim that something did happen but "we just cant see it" because we are not attuned to the right frequency.

Hopefully skepticism gets a big boost because of this.

Amazing this avatar of yours! Really great, congrats!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What's already happening: rationalizations for the anticlimax; intelligent rebuttal; and mods appeasing those making the rationalizations by clamping down on the intelligent rebuttal. The paranormal community will continue much as it has because those in positions of authority don't dare expose their constituency, the nonsense talkers, to the uncomfortable consequences of their nonsense.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
What's going to happen to the paranormal/new age community of the date doesn't materialize later today? Is it going to create a huge upwelling of cynicism and people no longer believing in the supernatural in general?

No physical earth calamity, no rapture, no enlightenment or acheivement of total consciousness, they'll just make up another date. Plus, what's the History Channel going to show now. They're whole programming lineup consisted of Mayan Apocalypse shows.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We will hear things like: a new spiritual era has begun, a more enlightened era has begun, the end has begun, etc., etc., etc....someone will latch onto an idea that will sell more books.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
From this point on:

Everyone who starts a new 2012 thread must pay $10 (or equivalent) to a charity.

Everyone who replies to a 2012 thread must give $1 (or equivalent) to a charity.

I am going to drop a loonie into a collection box while you all tell me what an idiot I am.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
nah we have a new date today was wrong.. really its Dec 25th 2013 that is the real date, you have to wait another year sorry

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

I was wondering the same thing about the history channel. Are they going to have shows that are "opp's we were wrong about 2012" lol

good post!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

First: there's nothing paranormal or supernatural about the 2012 phenomenon. That's just dumb. What happens now? Any time ANYONE makes a Doomsday prediction it will be IMMEDIATELY discredited. This includes predictions about TPTB or NWO creating a SHTF scenario...seriously guys lighten up, the world is not going to end in any of our lifetimes and that's a definite.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

2013 has two comets.....
just sayin'

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

Or if you believe some people on ATS, there's about 6 comets heading for Earth right now. And don't forget Nibiru (which is going to smash right into this planet no matter how bloody invisible it is!)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't believe in the supernatural at all, but I still like to come on sites like this to argue with the crazies.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't believe in the supernatural at all, but I still like to come on sites like this to argue with the crazies.

top topics

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def