It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook Principal ALIVE, NOT DEAD! Gave statement on Shooting, now removed from site.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

And over the years I have been associated with ATS, a story with editorial errors has become the go-to item of evidence to declare a conspiracy.

You conveniently omit that this is not JUST about one "editorial error". Almost every fact in this case has been contradicted, repeatedly. Many elements, simply never explained. Each new meme just gets regurgitated by the media, with no analysis or investigation. To many people that appreciate ATS, this is sickening.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I thought of one possible answer to how this could be possible...

Think about this... Back in the 60's, The President of the United States was killed. The very next day, The President of the United States gave a speech on TV. Think about how this is possible, and there's your answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Be careful the communist police force is coming.

We are going to have communism.

Big corporate police-state type communism. It is a mix of chocolate and strawberry flavors!!!!!!!!!!

People who are so blind they never suspect the corporate media lies about anything. Wall street is a form of communism. Did you know that?

C O M M U N I S M..........communism..................CoMmUnIsOm!!!!

No capitalism. That is only for cuba, north korea and south africa. We don't have capitalism! Don't they teach ANYTHING in schools anymore? Stop saying we have capitalism...CaPiTaLiSm. No capitalism in america. We have communsim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot

And over the years I have been associated with ATS, a story with editorial errors has become the go-to item of evidence to declare a conspiracy.

You conveniently omit that this is not JUST about one "editorial error". Almost every fact in this case has been contradicted, repeatedly. Many elements, simply never explained. Each new meme just gets regurgitated by the media, with no analysis or investigation. To many people that appreciate ATS, this is sickening.

I agree that a lot in this case has been misreported, but am not so keen to jump on the conspiratorial bandwagon as yourself and many others in this thread. ATS does the same and regurgitates the same old nonsense, just packaged a little differently. One is no different from the other and I have yet to see a proper analysis of the situation other than armchair sleuths who scream conspiracy to anything.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Yes it was horribly misreported...strike 1,

It was over-sensationalised...strike 2,

There were many non-sensical gun rampages going on the last two weeks....strike 3

Obama is quick to capitalise....strike 4

The UN has been pressurising america for strict gun control....strike 5

China is pressuring usa......strike 6

TWO OUTS ALREADY! One more and we change innings.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
so i poster said that the paper posted a retraction..said that it was a phone interview and the person id themselves as the principle?!? now that just adds more fuel to the conspiracy fire...so the paper was being feed info from somebody that didnt know that the principle had been killed?? what was the purpose to lie to the paper? why did the person id themselves has the principle? was it to back up the lone masked gunkid story?

since im at work i cant go find the retraction or read the 6 pages that have be posted since last night...egads

but...more fuel to the conspiracy fire

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i think the writer just had bad info.. some no name media outlet trying to get on the map. bad info.. bad editing..
Why delete the store though and not just edit it.. hmmm..

Still dont think its a conspiracy.. can someone list the other things that "dont add up" i haven't been following this hoopla much
edit on 22-12-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
so i poster said that the paper posted a retraction..said that it was a phone interview and the person id themselves as the principle?!? now that just adds more fuel to the conspiracy fire...so the paper was being feed info from somebody that didnt know that the principle had been killed?? what was the purpose to lie to the paper? why did the person id themselves has the principle? was it to back up the lone masked gunkid story?

since im at work i cant go find the retraction or read the 6 pages that have be posted since last night...egads

but...more fuel to the conspiracy fire

They didn't say whether it was a phone interview or in person. This is the retraction:

Retraction And Apology
An early online report from the scene at the December 14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School quoted a woman who identified herself to our reporter as the principal of the school. The woman was not the school's principal, Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed in the Friday morning attack. The quote was removed from subsequent online versions of the story, but the original story did remain in our online archive for three days before being deleted. We apologize for whatever confusion this may have caused our readers and for any pain or anguish it may have cause the Hochsprung family.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The whole incident is a real tragedy and I've refrained from posting in any of the topics on ATS as the subject is too emotive for me but I wanted to post a couple of observations I've made over the years in relation to the media. These comments are generalizations and I don't have any facts to back them up, but do add a sense of the blur between fact and fiction.

Journalists are always on the look out for a scoop, big stories hold recognition, and the more gruesome the story the more hits you get, a sad but true fact of human nature.

Therefore this leads to two possible conclusions in my mind to the incorrect statement regarding the principal.

a) The journalist knew the principal, and made an assumption that she was ok in the shooting and made the quote up – essentially a lie.
b) As per the retraction, somebody had faked the call pretending to be the principal and the journalist acted in good faith publishing a mis-quote – essentially also based on a lie.

In major events people do lie, watch the 9-11 fakers documentary if you don’t think its possible (yvid link 0zHdqSORhMY) – didn’t want to embed as it’s off topic.

I’d be very surprised if this particular piece of evidence was proof of anything other than the fact the media are in such a rush to get information out they’ll quite simply get the facts terribly wrong.

I hope all the victims involved with this tragedy never get to read these posts because their minds are probably already full of questions as to how and why this would happen without a constant stream of conspiracy theories.

I do think things sometimes don’t add up but there has to be some rationale in evaluating the discrepancies, sometimes the obvious answer isn’t necessarily the correct answer but it doesn’t always have to be a conspiracy – genuine mistakes can and will happen when a news outlet reports in real-time.

As an aside, the medical examiner footage (in Marlow’s post - www.abovetopsecret.com...) was a real eye opener – the examiner was either really disturbed by what he saw or he knew nothing about on-scene forensics and being interviewed by the media at a crime scene.
edit on 22-12-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
so, did the principal die or not ???

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by magickmaster

What people on here seem to forget is that media in general is a competition to get that scoop to get one up on all the other newspapers or tv stations.

Two newspapers can report on the exact same story both versions will not be identical, does that mean there is some kind of conspiracy of the event that happened NO it doesn't mean that, what it means is you can't assume reports mins after an event will be 100% accurate.

I mean newspapers will often print pictures in reverse (if there are no obvious giveaway's) so their picture is different from others most often seen with pictures of celeb's etc.

On here when any event happens people look for a conspiracy with seconds of it happening I think it's a pretty sad situation if people are really that paranoid

edit on 22-12-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Then why was the story not retracted for 7 days? Then when it's retracted, why is such a poor excuse given for the retraction?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
so, did the principal die or not ???

Yes, unfortunately. at the hands of Adam lanza

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
This is some heavy, sick, nauzea anxiety attack stuff. I'm not sure if I wanna spend my Christmass reading ATS. I know ATS community can't just ignore such event or have only threads like "Merry Christmas, Condolence to family victims!" but still. I wasn't able to read more than 6 pages of another thread on this. Another introspection type of Christmass instead of beer-TV-medieval blowout one...
At first I was like: "If I won't see a video interview with living principal, I'm done with it now!" but then I saw this medical examiner's scary giggling vid and it was again like watching horror movie on pot. Hell, this is not a movie but world is worse place than Holywood can let us ever imagine.
The fact that associated Youtube accounts are not suspended is weird too btw.
Vids like this are pushing you to imagine a satanists community or some doomsday cult knowing each other - the whole part of the city, with their children in one school, making 2012 sacrifice (of their own kids) with a sick guy as a tool etc or playing psyop game whatever.
It is indeed highly speculative. I'm not a noob and I'd say I'm desensitized enouhg but I feel I don't need to have that kind of stuff in my head now. At least until some locals start singing another version or at least someone who have personaly been there, spoke with locals etc. If there is such high level agenda we will never know anything for sure and it will become a mem just like 9/11 ritual. You can even have evidence and it doesn't really matter anymore.
People are sticking to another- or non-event scenario because it's easier to digest than the official version. No real pain, sadness, need for prayers. It could be just the first stage of tragedy - denial. It's all been probably said already. I just can't read through it all today,
Time out for me.
edit on 22/12/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

You may want to consider laying off the conspiracy research completely, in that case. It doesn't sound like your mind is open enough to consider possibilities.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
As Asling said QUOTE "I would also add "scrubbing" the article is an entirely reasonable response to discovering a gross error. Reporting you spoke to someone you clearly could not have, especially when that person was killed in a horrible manner, is certainly not something you want people to find out. Would a retraction have been better? Sure if you want to call attention to your shoddy reporting. Of course attention was called to it anyway so now they're doubly embarrassed."

I can see where your going with it, BUT havn't most of us seen a news story be re-adressed by most News Broadcasts with a 'correction' by the Anchors. It seems that happens more often than not, and not a complete disappearance of the article. To 'scrub' would have it's problems, there are too many astute viewers that would not forget the newscast topic if it was simply erased.

And let's not forget the retraction took them a whole 7 days. It appears that they only retracted it, AFTER Rense linked to an article that helped expose this to millions. It was hours after that link appeared that I saw the retraction was posted.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
Went to the above link provided (crisisactors.org).

I see nothing there that insinuates anything at all. Looks like a bunch of people who hire themselves out for training purposes. There is nothing nefarious on that site linked, at all.

Im willing to entertain any thoery of any event....provided the thoery is logical or includes viable links....your post has neither. Please provide info off of that site you embedded as to what draws you to your overall conclusion, because as I see it, its a baseless claim until that is done.

The trend I'm seeing here is the conspiracy buffs are atleast providing links to actual stories and then basing thoeries off of those. Thats how it should be. However, the peeps who continue to say,"move along, nothing to see here" are providing zero links or ANYTHING to actually validate their points besides opinions.

Bring facts "proofers", atleast the "crazy folks" here are doing that much.

While the crisisactors site proves nothing about Sandy Hook, it does lend credence to the idea that actors can be hired and employed to be the first responders and emergency personnel, as well as the shooters or the victims. It's very telling to see this site, and know that it's actually a real organization. I have no belief this group was used to perpetrate any attacks though. But it's certainly eye opening.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Does anyone else think the actual interview they posted was with the SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST?
Sha and another woman did not confront the shooter and did survive.....perhaps there was a mix up in the names?

A Mixup in names????

The website reported the error as someone "claiming to be the principal" spoke with them. That does not sound like a mix up of names to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
reply to post by magickmaster

Ive been a cop for a long time...and I have never seen anything like that video with that officer saying people will be pursued for false statements. I don't even know of a law like that that even exists! Very weird. Our local media messes up our reports all the time with details...we don't think a thing of it...just post a correction later if its even worth the time. Freaking weird.

Could just be one emotional cop

Now that's a crazy conspiracy idea if I ever heard one. People should LISTEN to this man, being that he claims to be a police officer and has never heard another officer speak like this.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Be careful the communist police force is coming.

We are going to have communism.

Big corporate police-state type communism. It is a mix of chocolate and strawberry flavors!!!!!!!!!!

People who are so blind they never suspect the corporate media lies about anything. Wall street is a form of communism. Did you know that?

C O M M U N I S M..........communism..................CoMmUnIsOm!!!!

No capitalism. That is only for cuba, north korea and south africa. We don't have capitalism! Don't they teach ANYTHING in schools anymore? Stop saying we have capitalism...CaPiTaLiSm. No capitalism in america. We have communsim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ala, Frank Marshall Davis.....
Yes, we do have full blown communism and it's state controlled media to go along with it. It's a sad state we are in, and it's no wonder they are trying SO Desperately to get our guns.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So exactly how does that happen? Do you call the victims of this event and tell them what was posted? Do they get a letter in the mail with the content of any posts that are made about this event? Does someone actually slap them?

How, if they never in their entire lives hear or read the words on this thread, is it a slap in the face to them?

Honestly I don't care about your question, and I will not bother to go look for it. I asked and you didn't answer, so I will assume you don't really want to discuss anything.

Oh yeah thats right, I remember you from the gun control thread. You are a bit of a spaz. Don't bother answering my slap question, I am just going to ignore you from here.

Ahhh, another person who avoids answering ( and this one after you specifically sought me it out). Pretty standard. Or perhaps you want me to post it for a third time in this thread?

Do you really think there is NO ONE that was directly affected by this event on these boards? You are sorely mistaken, if thats what you think.

As for the gun control threads, you dont remember me from those, considering I have not participated in any. I have posed a few questions about them, but have not spoken on gun control whatsoever. That must make me a spaz.

edit on 22-12-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Someone logged into your account and started 2 threads under your name then. You should be concerned.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your post history. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seriously, might want to change your password.
edit on 12/22/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

So, you've now proven that you will avoid the question at hand, and that the context of thsoe threads was right over your head.

Any other ignorance you would like to admit to?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just called Newtown Bee. I was told they have printed a retraction and apology. I haven't seen the retraction only heard they changed the article.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join