It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and Salutations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Dear abovetopsecret,

A friend who is a member here named Agarta has recommended that I begin an account so here I am. I am not sure about all this conspiracy stuff but some of the things he has told me are quite interesting to say the least. So far I have been looking at some of the pages learning how to navigate the site and checking out the Forums available. I found the "Freshmans" Forum and have done quite a bit of reading on how to do things here but please go easy on me if I make some mistakes. He told me there is a period of "Initiation" for newbees that I will be corrected and possibly chastised for them but I think I can handle it. My biggest issue is spelling and from what I understand there are a few spelling "Natzies" as he put it so I will have to take care in using spell check (lgtm).

I tend to take things with a grain of salt but when it comes to some things like the "Official" stories I do see "holes" it them quite a bit so I am not above possibility. I also enjoy reading theories as long as they are not too outlandish. I do have issues with the word "Proof" especially in the UFO and Paranormal categories. This goes both ways in that just because there is A way to explain something it does not mean it is the only way. This goes both ways also.

Well I guess that is about all I wish to say for now. I hope to meet some new people and learn a thing or two.

edit; Because I joined on the day I did I would like to add my thoughts on the end of the world stuff being talked about. I am sorry but it is my attempt to be funny.

So the world was supposed to be ending today huh? That's bad. I never have found out who let the dogs out, the way to get to Sesame Street, where I can find the Yellow Brick Road, why Dora doesn't just use Google maps, why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery", why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed, why "abbreviated" is such a long word, why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dish washing liquid is made with real lemons, why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections, why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to? Why did Joanie love Chachi? If a deaf person has to go to court is it still called a hearing? Does the alphabet song and twinkle twinkle little star have the same tune? Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs? And just what is Victoria's secret?
edit on 21-12-2012 by KaenasDestiny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KaenasDestiny

Welcome KaenasDestiny!

Hope you enjoy your stay! I'm sure a Mod will be along shortly to welcome you and to provide you with some helpful links. Until then please fasten your seatbelt and keep your arms and hands inside the ride at all times!

Also, make sure your tinfoil hat is on securely!

Edit to add: It is true, I cannot put on mascara without my mouth open. Also, they are the same tune. As for Victoria's secret- she hasn't come out of the closet!

edit on 21-12-2012 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you so much.
Seat belt fastened; check
Tinfoil hat; pending

I added to my original post due to this being the end of the world and all in case you missed it. I look forward to seeing you on the threads.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Welcome and thank you for sharing some information about yourself.

You will get hours of entertainment from this place, you can be assured of that.

ATS provides an interesting combination of insightful/ thought provoking/ informative threads while at the same time teasing the realm of absurdity and downright craziness. The ATS fruit punch is a double edged sword, If you appropriately wield it, you will open yourself to limitless information and some of the best people from around the globe.

Now back to my laboratory.

edit on 21-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

new topics

top topics

join