It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Continue To Believe in Any Prophecy/Prediction At All From Now On ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I mean this whole 2012 thing was maybe the most powerful (in the way it was spread and felt worldwide) prediction I can remeber of. The one regarding year 2000 wasn`t even close to this one.

Of course the world/earth is a lot more fragile that most people think and we would like. Many things that can cause great or total destruction can happen with or without a warning, but to believe in "strange" dreams (either own or others), to believe in people like us who call themselves (or have been called by others) a prophet ? ...come on
.....There may be coincidences, that`s all but the truth is no one will ever know for sure what will come in the future, so better live NOW time and don`t think much about what might happen in the future, don`t you dink so ?

edit on 21-12-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope that today has had a profound impact on people to stop believing that 'doomsday' can be prophesied, when in fact we are in the midst of creating our own apocalypse. Building nuclear weapons, fighting in the name of religion or for oil, abusing and neglecting our children, letting people continue to live on the streets or starve to death in a world where there is an abundance of provision but very little care.

I for one will never believe in a day and time, but I will continue to believe that humanity needs to act NOW to change the future for the better.

Much love!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
IMO, Y2K was bigger than 2012.

Does the Calendar the ended today start over again or just finish?

Tsom87

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Those who were semi-open minded that Blossom Goodchild didn't scare away forever when it comes to researching conspiracies, the 2012 non event sure will.

Future conversations with the newly closed minded:

US - "Hey don't buy that piece of electronics, the gov't uses those to record everything you're doing in your house!"

THEM - "Rrrrrright..... like when the aliens were suppose to hover over major cities? Or Dec. 21st Nibiru, tidal waves, asteroids, EQ's, 3 days of darkness, ascension was suppose to be true? I think I'll buy the video game camera w/ mic for every room of my home and feel secure about them, because YOU think they are nefarious."

edit on 21-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sure, I always believed the one that said - no man knoweth the hour, not even the Son, only the Father and the one about many people will come and say look here or look over there and spread false information. In other words, expect it when you least expect it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nope.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsitallabout

That is very true, I think !

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I said all along that 21/12/2012 was not going to happen, it was like the year 2000 thing it was to help rich get richer, poor to get poorer, look at Matthew 24 it clearly say's WORLD WITHOUT END, people, animals, trees, all die but we will never end earth, mind you America are going to have a dam good go when WW3 comes very early in 2013.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I will believe someone is a prophet (or a time traveler) when this person repeatedly is 100% spot on in what they say about events that will really happen in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I barely gave it any thought other than the possibility that the governments of the world might exploit this date and pull some kind of false flag.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Theres a sucker born every minute.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
where is MABUS at?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

No, in short. I don't know of any other major prophetical dates though?

For Y2K I drove 9 hours to die on Bourbon Street if the shtf, but that was just an excuse. Today, well its not over yet, but I hoped something good would happen. Maybe some ET would reveal themselves and religion could be throw out the window along with cultural & racial differences that are unhealthy yet the norm.

I dont believe in free will or circumstance, I think all is predetermined. The star dust that we are will move accordingly and we have no say in it. I'll be let down if nothing happens. Pardon the pun but its not the end of the world though.. (or time)

There is another side to this. To a prepper or someone who expected a major catastrophe there may be a feeling of relief. Now they are living on borrowed time so to speak and knowing that will change behavioural patterns.

Either way you look at it in that sense something happened today. Alot of realization, relief, let down and more than anything lots of people patting themselves on the back for accurately predicting that a prophecy would pass unfulfilled. Big Grats to the latter especially.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The mayans never said 2012 is the end...so it really had nothing to do with prophecies..
it's just people interpreting it their own way
it's stupid to think that doomsday is systematically designed to coincide precisely with the end of a calendar system period anyways
but they could very well be saying the end is near, so there is no point in making a new 400 year calendar period
for a dozen remaining years..

edit on 21-12-2012 by klatwork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Will You Continue To Believe in Any Prophecy/Prediction At All From Now On ?

No, not that I ever did believe any date specific predictions on here anyway. The only prediction I believe is I will evetually die. Other than that, nada.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Hi AQ6666/

Well, I never believed the 'hype' about the 2012 in the first place....
1...Too much MEDIA was involved to begin with
And the MEDIA thing just cleared my head to what I expected to happen!

I am a believer in Prophecies and not just mumbo jumbo stuff....One has to understand that Prophecy is not just what each one has an opinion of or that somehow they are superior in future events etc....
A prophecy I believe has to be in line with Gods WORD....In the end of days, many will come and prophesy about this and that....it does not work like that!
Prophecy has to be 100 per cent accurate without fail.....This is only given by God to the Humble and to the people who who are chosen by God.
Gods WORD has never failed and it will never fail.
So I guess that my thoughts on ''Prophecies'' are not in any way changed !
All it has done is made me more aware of what the New Testament teaches about false prophets roaming the earth in the end of days!
So, thanks to the Media and all those involved!!!

ICXC NIKA

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

yes of course, why the heck not?

heaps of other people believe in all sorts of stuff and they even have big bloody churches.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i will give credence to some predictions/prophecies but not all of 'em

i still think that the 2012 end-of-5th Sun calender was mis interpreted to be some outside source of destruction rather than the true 'central Sun' here on Earth --- i.e.: the Earth Core

the span of years that we have been passing through the Galactic dark rift ...since the late 1980s has been plenty of time to connect the proper dots (geology, vulcanism, outgassing, sea & air currents being changed, EQs and various other earth changes which are resulting from the changing mantle plumes and magnetosphere

the operational theme of the Maya end date, was that when the winter solstice finally passes through the dark rift area of the Milky Way (some 26 years in duration) then that will be the signal that the Earth Core will again enter into a chaotic cycle that will harm the surface and be called the 'beginning-of-sorrows' & or 'the birth-pangs' as scripture terms this time period... we could have a several hundred year period of destructions of the land surface on Earth with lands sinking & new seas spreading from once dry lands that break apart, magnetic pole reversal, super volcanos, as well as weather patterns changing from the past 400 year 'normal'... more cosmic rays reaching the surface as the ozone is stripped away without renewing itself as usual...

Oh and in response to this prediction (by Nostradamus, the 3rd antichrist. anagram) from earlier in the thread:

posted on 21-12-2012 @ 15:06

where is MABUS at?

MABUS is the Rothschild Family Legacy & the empire of central banks it has spawned all over the world system
look up Rothschild family beginnings, nee: M. A. Bauer
edit on 22-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I learned a lot from it. I learned about earthquakes, tsunami's, the sun, meteors, ancient civilizations, the universe, past earth changing events, prophets, It was a very interesting time. Nothing about it was a waste of time for me. In other words. DO IT AGAIN DO IT AGAIN!
There is one little thing that Nostrodamus said though that could be problematic. He wrote " The world will look up in wonder ( galactic alignmement i assume) and on the third day it will turn to horror"

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Nope I am done with all prophesies...I was actually looking forward to this date since 2003, when I first heard about it. Now there is nothing to look forward to except this thing called life. I was hoping the government would have been taken out or something, but all we got was rain and wind. We are still slaves and mining gold for aliens. Duck prophecy I am done!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join