Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Boeing delivers first Indian P-8I

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
India has taken delivery of their first P-8I Neptune ASW aircraft in Seattle, at the Boeing plant. They will receive this aircraft, along with two more in 2013, and the fourth and fifth aircraft are being assembled. The P-8I will replace the TU-142 in the maritime patrol role.

Boeing has delivered the Indian navy's first 737-based P-8I Neptune maritime patrol and anti-submarine aircraft in Seattle.

"India will receive this aircraft and two more of its eight contracted P-8Is in 2013," says Boeing. "The programme is progressing on schedule as Boeing assembles the fourth and fifth P-8Is."

The P-8I will eventually replace the Tupolev Tu-142 aircraft in India's service.

India is obtaining eight P-8Is under a $3.9 billion deal signed in January 2009. The P-8I is a variant of the P-8A Poseidon, which will replace the Lockheed Martin P-3C Orion operated by the US Navy

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Will be interesting to see how they get on with that.

Shamefully rumours persist that the MOD are considering buying these to replace the scrapped MR4A's

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The RAAF will take delivery of 8 Poseidons in 2016, phasing out the P3 Orions we have.

Seems to be a popular choice.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The current plan is to get KC-135s modified to a later RC-135 configuration. The crews have trained on USAF aircraft, and the first modification is almost done. Delivery is scheduled for sometime next year.

top topics

join