It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felons should be allowed to vote and buy firearms.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's not like you're missing out on much w/o the right to vote, as it doesn't count anyway. But I do agree w/you that the term "felony" is too broad, and concerning firearms it should be on a case by case basis.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just look at the courts throwing guys away for years for passing a few dollars worth of ba checks. Look at what it costs tax payers for a $100 check. The government wont stop till everyone has a record so everyone is "in the system" LEOs will take people in for almost anything JUST TO FINGERPRINT AND TAKE PICTURES in Vegas they take people in for j walking and do this then let them go with a ticket.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What state are you referring too? Here in Ca. Felons CAN vote. (You just have to be discharged from state parole)
Guns are a no no for felons throughout the U.S.

As CA. Has the largest population in the nation both civilian & prisons your thread title is misleading & incorrect. If referring to just NY, it would be nice to through NY in there.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Pretty funny considering that many felons own firearms anyway. It's like with the gun laws... how will it prevent criminals from owning guns?

Here is the magic sentence for all of this. "LAWS ONLY EFFECT PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO FOLLOW THEM!!"

Ban cars then only criminals will drive and the rest suffers.
Ban guns and only criminals have guns and the rest suffer the consequences.
Ban food and only criminals eat and everyone starves.

But at what point are people willing to say "if I must be a criminal to eat then so be it"

The thing is less than 1% of the population is regulating the 99% based on the 99% doing everything they can to live their life legally.

edit on 26-12-2012 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To heck with felons, they are gearing up to come after law abiding citizen's guns for crying out loud...

Wake up people!
edit on 26-12-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Said no one, ever.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ive always agreed that if youre an american, youvote. unfortunateley not everyone agrees

"im afraid of americans"

My girl 'friend' has never heard of the digital age.

In her defense she doenst pay attention.... but she cathOlic. funny how it ends the same...or sounds the same as a compulsive....

Dont crucify my randomness

but whatis anologue???

((( the emphesise is outta my control????????????...lol

<< 1   >>

join