It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Droid DNA - Freaky Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hal 9000 meets The Matrix.

"Its not an upgrade to your phone, its an upgrade to your self."

Who wants one?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Not me ...

I miss lego bricks ...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

creepy,
they proberly mean,
nothing is private any more,
and we plan to collect your dna as well as habits ect

xploder

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's just marketing. I have one and they're great. No, they do not steal your DNA.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Probably not far off of what we'll see in the future, with computer chips being implanted to increase cognitive function, or super strong materials inserted into muscles for extra strength. Ya never know. Also that phone kicks butt! If I had Verizon instead of AT&T, that'd be my phone of choice.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

creepy,
they proberly mean,
nothing is private any more,
and we plan to collect your dna as well as habits ect

xploder

Believe it or not their is a agenda to mix computers and our body's.
Imagine having the internet in your brain.

link   
Freaky indeed.
This is the future in a few decades though. Well, not droid DNA, but cyborgization and inevitable replacement of more and more biological organs and systems by artificial ones.
Our grand grand (grand?) children will be more machine then Humans. And eventually there will be no need for biological parts at all.
This is real threat to Humanity. Even bigger then nukes.

link   
I really dont think this is any more freaky than any of the other totally illogical mobile phone advertisments I have seen. Its interesting, and its well made, but not freaky.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So a young person says "Change is normal. Get with the times, old man!"

Just wait until all the young people growing up on these portables are in their 30's and 40's and 50's and start to realize they're just as disposable as past generations and that all around them things are changing and past values and ideals are discarded in favor of the next shiny new thing.

THEN they'll get a taste. They'll know what it's about.

Nothing is sacred. You're not important. We will forget you. Understand? See, this is why old people are usually staunch critics of rapid progress. They know what's being lost! They had to live through it. They had to see their friends and loved ones die. Past freedoms lost. Past ways of life supplanted by technology. Then they see the ignorant youth disrespect their era with clumsy generalizations.

Sometimes I wonder if us dying is a protest against the ways of the world. So much of being human is emotional and abstract, not robotic. Don't we become attached to past things for this reason. If this intimacy could be removed entirely then I think we'd be only a hair above biological machines.

This reminds me of the book Rama Revealed. The end of it. I won't give anybody the pleasure of knowing what the end is. But it's relevant and I should mention it. This isn't a particular recommendation to read the rama series of books. Not everybody likes Arthur C. Clarke.
edit on 21-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

So true! I won't use smartphones, I don't trust the GPS in em'.

What you said made me picture a future world where everyone is walking around with Arc reactors (Iron Man) in they're chests and theres an old man on a bench feeding pidgeons, still plugged in to the Droid DNA.

top topics

join