It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Pennsylvania: At least four reported dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Mass shooting in Pennsylvania: At least four reported dead

rt.com

At least four people are reported dead after a shooter opened fire early Friday in Frankstown Township in Central Pennsylvania.
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: *****Mods if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move*****

edit on 21-12-2012 by XxEnigmaticxX because: *****Mods if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move*****

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
like seriously, what the hell is going on with the world. shooting people while driving. who thinks of these things,

i been sitting here all day reading different news website wondering if anything would happen. and this is the first account. i wonder how many more reports like this we will see today.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxEnigmaticxX
... investigators believe the shooter may have opened fire on random people while riding in a vehicle.

Well in that case I believe the only appropriate response by the NRA would be to have armed guards on all roads.

The only way to stop bad guys with guns in cars, is with good guys with guns in cars.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
people are going to go crazy, like heff said in an earlier thread. It's not the catastrophes or the aliens, or the mayans that I fear, it's people. People aren't going to have an outlet for their pent up frustrations like they were expecting and over the course of the next 30-90 days, I would not be the least bit surprised if the death toll starts to rise.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
thats my biggest concern. how people react.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XxEnigmaticxX

PA is a very gun friendly state. Good chance that you'll get popped by an ordinary citizen.

These clowns are better off targeting states with strict gun control where they can go berserk uninterrupted until the police arrive.

edit on 21-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
the use of fnords on this sight ever since the school shooting is absurd.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No, we should ban guns because thats been proven to work so well.

Chicago Gun Ban Axed After Violent Weekend: At Least 29 Shot, 3 Dead In Weekend Shootings.

Even with the gun ban in place, shootings in Chicago have been rampant. Last weekend, at least 52 were shot and ten killed in just three days, and this weekend the gunfire continued.

Chicago Police Department statistics, we are told, reveal that the City's handgun murder rate has actually increased since the ban was enacted and that Chicago residents now face one of the highest murder rates in the country and rates of other violent crimes that exceed the average in comparable cities.

The leading cause of death in the US claimed 600,000 lives last year. Gun related deaths dont even come close at 8,500, not even in the top 10.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The gun confiscation agenda has nothing to do with safety or "protecting" lives.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

what i dont understand is that kids kill each other everyday, over in africa kids are trained to fight in combat, and in our own innercitys of america kids, young men, and adults kill each other every single day, so why doesnt the national news ever report this stuff and only report the stuff that happens in smaller places that revolve around middleclass america````````````````````````````````````````````````````. i dont understand.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am not American so I don't have much of an opinion on the matter of your 2nd amendment. Shootings happen everywhere in the world, regardless of their gun laws. But to be honest, in my 27 years as a Canadian I can only remember two really bad shooting events (maybe I am just not educated on the matter) and it seems like everyday lately there is a shooting in the USA.

But it isn't because of the guns, obviously, it is more to do with the total moral decline in the American Empire. Like what happened in Rome, right before the empire fell, the citizens began to go nutty so as disturbing as these events are... this might only be the beginning of trend that will last until the end of this empire.

My thoughts are with the victims/families of another terrible event.

link   
This country is starting to remind me of Mad Max, Im even more inclined to bring my Gun almost everywhere, after these shootings. Time for the ordinary citzen to fight back against these crazies. Instead of a Zombie apocalypse, its looking more like a psyco-apocalypse

link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

chicago runs rampant with gun violence. i used to work on 51st & winchester and not a day passed by that i didnt hear at least 1 gun shot.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

theres a lot of things i dont understand in this world, that being one of them. another being how we have no money to fund the education of generations to come, but there is always more then enough money to pay for a war.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

what i dont understand is that kids kill each other everyday, over in africa kids are trained to fight in combat, and in our own innercitys of america kids, young men, and adults kill each other every single day, so why doesnt the national news ever report this stuff and only report the stuff that happens in smaller places that revolve around middleclass america````````````````````````````````````````````````````. i dont understand.

because the other shootings didn't result in 20 elementary middle-class kids being killed at one time.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I have been thinking long and hard about the gun confiscation agenda. It has recently ratcheted up to something unlike anything I have seen, and even with the recent mass shootings and the usual run-of-the-mill inner city chaos. Then we have this fiscal cliff thing going on at the same time. I think the goverment is in far worst shape than what is being in said in the media, and that is with the fiscal cliff in mind.

Perhaps, they are expecting unrest among the masses that are receiving entitlements, and the outrage that will occur when the government can no longer pay? Get as many guns as possible before that happens. It does not take a genious to see that the US government is facing a fiscal apocalypse, and a cliff is putting it mildy. That is my hyposis at the moment.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

I have been thinking long and hard about the gun confiscation agenda. It has recently ratcheted up to something unlike anything I have seen, and even with the recent mass shootings and the usual run-of-the-mill inner city chaos. Then we have this fiscal cliff thing going on at the same time. I think the goverment is in far worst shape than what is being in said in the media, and that is with the fiscal cliff in mind. Perhaps, they are expecting unrest among the masses that are receiving entitlements, and the outrage that will occur when the government can no longer pay? Get as many guns as possible before that happens. It does not take a genious to see that the US government is facing a fiscal apocalypse, and a cliff is putting it mildy. That is my hyposis at the moment.

I agree with you. Things are much more screwed up than what the government is letting on.

All one has to do is observe countries like Greece and Spain, to know that their present is our near future. The only difference is, their populations are united, and know who the enemy is. We are all split up into various factions, and are angry at all the wrong people.

Maybe that's when the elites go down into their bunkers. They'll wait for us to slaughter each other before coming back up.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Another earlier thread on the subject is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(((Bear in mind that it is acceptable to have two coexisting threads on the same topic if one is in BAN and the other is elsewhere.)))

As I stated in the other thread... we would be remiss if we didn't take into account that the media (worldwide at this point) is doing all they can to highlight gun violence.... it's good for business.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

isn't it amazing how all of sudden we are having all these mass shootings seems like somebody is doing this to legitimize a gun grab scheme.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by alfa1

No, we should ban guns because thats been proven to work so well.

Chicago Gun Ban Axed After Violent Weekend: At Least 29 Shot, 3 Dead In Weekend Shootings.

Even with the gun ban in place, shootings in Chicago have been rampant. Last weekend, at least 52 were shot and ten killed in just three days, and this weekend the gunfire continued.

Chicago Police Department statistics, we are told, reveal that the City's handgun murder rate has actually increased since the ban was enacted and that Chicago residents now face one of the highest murder rates in the country and rates of other violent crimes that exceed the average in comparable cities.

The leading cause of death in the US claimed 600,000 lives last year. Gun related deaths dont even come close at 8,500, not even in the top 10.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The gun confiscation agenda has nothing to do with safety or "protecting" lives.

A single town or incident doesn't represent the Nation.

As Egan notes, the percentage of Americans who report owning a pistol or shotgun, the weapons most often used in crime, is now down to 1 in 5, about half what it was in the 1970s.

Overall, the rate of violent crime in the United States, much of it gun-related, peaked around 1990 after rising steadily through the 1960s, 70s and 80s. Crime and violence have now declined nationwide and in almost all the country’s largest cities for more than two decades.

los angeles times

Bullets are at the center of two-thirds of U.S. murders, making assault by firearm the ninth most common cause of death in America, accounting for 1 out of every 300 deaths. By comparison, drowning comes in twelfth

murder by numbers

And your numbers are wrong, 12,000 Americans are killed each year by guns.

You know how many Japan has, which has a very strict gun control policy?

And that was a bad year. The average is more like 2.

That is out of 128,000,000 people.

*laughs* so yes, gun bans work.

edit on 21-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
...we would be remiss if we didn't take into account that the media (worldwide at this point) is doing all they can to highlight gun violence.... it's good for business.

This is a very good point. People forget that media (news sources) are a business and they are in the business of ratings. As sick as it is, violence and death sells, and these news companies know that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join