It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA: "Post Good Guys w/Guns @ School"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
While everyone is screaming: "The world didn't end"..."I TOLD YOU SO"..."Nah, na-na-na-na, naaaaaah-Nah". Things like this are going on: NRA: "Good Guys w/Guns @ School"

The nation's largest gun-rights lobby called Friday for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," the group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference.

A good guy with a gun???

That same "good guy" could have a "bad day" or just snap from the pressure of work and home life; and go on a shooting spree. As long as we're in these "fleshy corrupt bodies"...no one is safe with a gun! At a moment's notice...that "good guy" could become possessed with evil and do the unthinkable.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -(Ben Franklin)

The "Good Guys"

ANYONE at ANYTIME can go on a rage rampage. When a person gets "angry"...they lose control! Our "world" didn't end....but it needs a SERIOUS "REALITY CHECK"! Something is DEFINITELY amiss!

What bothers me MOST...is the fact that people just sit there and watch the injustice going on, right in front of them; and do NOTHING! I understand that they are "police officers"...but....who's committing the crime? At some point...."THE PEOPLE" need to stand up for WHAT'S RIGHT....FIGHT...and say...WE ARE THE SYSTEM and those are our PEOPLE!" United we STAND! DIVIDED we fall!

One of the 2 WILL OCCUR; and it appears, that the falling will be at FREE FALL speed! Geronimooooooo!
edit on 21-12-2012 by BlowinSmoke because: coding error

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ahem

fail

would work out fine

i can post 100 videos of cops doing nice things too
edit on 21-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

I know plenty of really nice cops...what is this supposed to prove? I think having security in schools is great middle ground and is a really good idea.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
ahem

fail

would work out fine

i can post 100 videos of cops doing nice things too
edit on 21-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

And i can post THOUSANDS saying other wise. So....the little "good" they do...washes away all the corruption?
To your comment.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Ahem! If your point has an validity, then let's do away with the police! What the hell, let's outlaw calling 911 so men with guns can show up 20 mins. later to protect your dead body.....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I had a cop in my school and no gun violence or cop brutality occurred. He was a great guy and it sucked when he went back to being a normal cop. He was even at my graduation. I felt safer knowing he was there, now that i think about it.

I also live in the south where the majority of "good ole boys" owned guns. I was terrified he was suddenly gonna start beating me in front of all of my friends....

edit on 21-12-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

I know plenty of really nice cops...what is this supposed to prove? I think having security in schools is great middle ground and is a really good idea.

Those same, "really nice cops", also take orders...and do as THEY ARE TOLD!!! Having a cop at school is going to stop someone....HOW? What is 1 cop...with his peashooter...going to do to someone, who sneaks up on them....packin' heat??? Should we also do strip searches? Bar up the windows??? Sounds to me...like they want to make school....a prison, on the sneak tip!

I'd rather have my kids at home...where they can actually LEARN something.

Ben Franklin was RIGHT. You deserve neither liberty nor safety!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Do you think the dispatcher is telling the cop "beat that man now or we are gonna hurt your family"? What kinda fear filled world do you live in?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Do you think the dispatcher is telling the cop "beat that man now or we are gonna hurt your family"? What kinda fear filled world do you live in?

How do i live in a fear filled world? I'm not the one calling for "more security". YOU ARE! Duuuuuuuuuuh! I'm really beginning to wonder about humanity. You want cops EVERYWHERE...and you say iiiii live in a fear filled world?
That was the STUPIDEST thing i've ever read!

And no...dispatcher isn't telling the cop that....it's called an adrenaline rush. "Heat of the Moment". Dispatch...dispatches...it doesn't serve "justice"...one way or another. Here's another....duuuuuuuuh!

link   

He would also be experienced in how to move a large group of people to safety in an orderly manner and will know the building better than a random cop showing up. He could also speak to students on what to do if something like that could occur. Who said he wouldn't have a rifle or shotgun on school grounds?
edit on 21-12-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

link   
Yes. Let's only allow criminals to have guns. Great plan! How did no one think of this before.
(facepalm)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Yes. Let's only allow criminals to have guns. Great plan! How did no one think of this before.
(facepalm)

What "criminals" do you speak of? People like: Trayvon Martin?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I dislike cops as much as anyone else but we have mall security, why no school security? You really think that every single cop is a totalitarian soldier out to implement martial law on every citizen? Please stop the complete ignorance in order to push your agenda. Its almost like its impossible to compromise....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

You really just brought up Trayvon Martin? are you trying to get flamed on ATS? That was totally separate issue and he wasn't even a cop.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The gun-grabbing set is so brainwashed it's like a cult.

When a problem presents itself they do everything they can to not tackle it like pushing for legislation that makes no difference (in case you forgot CT is under an AWB and the weapons used were AWB compliant) and now they even mock protecting the schools.

Did they mock reinforcing cockpit doors and arming pilots after 9/11 too?

Just keep on doing whatever you can to avoid any real changes.
edit on 21-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I dislike cops as much as anyone else but we have mall security, why no school security? You really think that every single cop is a totalitarian soldier out to implement martial law on every citizen? Please stop the complete ignorance in order to push your agenda. Its almost like its impossible to compromise....

Geeeee...i wish i had someone INTELLIGENT to talk to.
I wonder where mall security was...in the Oregon Mall shooting. hmmmmm They must have been "sleeping".

Agenda? hahahahahaha What friggin' agenda? Oh....i geeeeet it....i'm a gov't shill. lol

Let's here what Ben Franklin has to say: AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN...until it is absorbed through our THICK heads:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

And in english:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"Good guys" with guns are definitely NOT the police.

As a matter of fact, we need to disarm the police.

Neighborhood policing is they key.

edit on 21-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would sign up to guard a school. I am not a cop, I am disabled due to my back and neck, but I am able to hold a gun and target practice monthly. I also have a concealed carry permit in NY. Which one has to have a FBI background check to obtain, so I guess I would not be a criminal. Since, I get disability it would be my pleasure to sit and periodically walk the school for the kid's protection. Hopefully, some sort of training would be implemented at least monthly to keep guards up to date. Periodical mental screening would also be good, I am sure there would be enough volunteers for the psychological screening, guard training and volunteers to protect the schools. What would be wrong with this, I would gladly put my life on the line for my children and others. An added plus for me, I would feel better earning the money I get for disability, this would be a job I could do.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That same "good guy" could have a "bad day" or just snap from the pressure of work and home life;

Seriously?

Why have the FBI then or the police or the military?

Hell even the guy sitting in the oval office?

Supermarkets have rent a cops,banks have them why the hell not for schools.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
this is exactly what I would suggest. I would make it volunteers. Have them coordinate with local police departments, and assign 1 officer for ever group of them to keep costs down.

Usually school districts have police assigned anyways. They can be issued radios like auxiliary police have, but they are then allowed to be armed if they meet the specific requirements that each police department establishes as per the requests of the communities they protect.

They can report suspicious activity and then relay that to police to respond. If shots are fired they can engage the gunmen if necessary.

Ex-military, or off duty or retired police preferred of coarse.

OR arm the auxiliary police and have their volunteer time go to school guard duty.
edit on 21-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join