It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The simple fact is that there is only 4million people members of the NRA. This is a tiny percentage of the population of over 310million.

I think most Americans are sick of the NRA and guns

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Really? Tell that to the hundred million that own one, actually, several more than one.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Yeah, i am ready, however, it wont be repealed. The government doesnt have the balls to do so. Obviously. So please, stop talking about gun control. Ban assualt rifles really? There were was one for 10 years just a few years ago. We still got them.

So, revolt or shut up about it. You wont do anything, but everyone knows the government isnt going to appeal anything.

You seem to be ill-informed on the process for amending the Constitution, but that seems to be the least of your problems.

So, if the Constitution is changed, which has to have the approval of a vast majority of american citizens, mind you, you are ready to become a revolutionary and go to war with the greatest military in the world with nothing more than your gun? Worked out for the South during the last civil war, didn't it?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If a state backs a Revolution for a just cause, then hell yes.

Why would i NOT go to war with the greatest military in the world? Take the British for example. Who got their ass whooped? The British to a bunch of farmers.

What do you think the military is going to use? 75 Ton tanks? A10s? Predators? No, it would destroy our infrastructure, use your head.

---

I expect a succession to occur more than revolution. Regardless if the Federal Government says the state can legally do that or not.
edit on 21-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is a bad idea because it gives the Nanny State more control over us and our kids.
They are stealing my tax dollars to protect others kids.
People need to take more PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and not rely on the Nanny State to protect them from every shadow that pops their way.
If you don't like what is happening in some schools, then pull your kids out and home school them.
Their safety and concern is your responsibility not the states, and certainly not from stealing more of my hard earned dollars to care for others.

The Military Industrial Complex, Gun Manufacturers and Government Control love creating more boogie mans for the masses so they can steal more of my taxes to give to their criminal cronies via contracts.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If a state backs a Revolution. Then hell yes.

Why would i NOT go to war with the greatest military in the world? Take the British for example? Who got their ass whooped? The British to a bunch of farmers?

What do you think the military is going to use? 70 Ton tanks? A10s? Predators? No, it would destroy our infrastructure, use your head.

Are you seriously going to wait for the French to bail you out like during the Revolutionary War?

We will use the full might of the United States Military to quell any insurrection. It also did this during the Civil War. Google Sherman's March if you need a refresher.

You are delusional.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
My one wish

is that foreigners would stay out of US business... They don't like it when we are in others.... Stop being hypocritical

How dare you. When my fellow countrymen are shot dead while on holiday in your beloved country, we British have every right to comment on the madness in your society:-

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wow, you have no idea how the military works. Go join it. Let me know what you find out. Your ignorance is spilling over.

If a State rebelled, the Federal government would most likely appease the state or states because a rebellion would most likely cause the economy of the United States to collapse bringing the world with it.

You obviously have no idea about the the world of the military or the economical impacts of a rebellion.

----

The military would most likely ONLY use un armed drones, light vehicles, and infantry. Anything else would cause EXTENSIVE damage to the infrastructure and greatly increases collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
Folks this is a NO-BRAINER!!!!!!!!

Nobody is going to shoot up a place if they know that they will become ELIMINATED IMMEDIATELY!!!

[color=gold]But the GUN-HATERS among us do NOT CARE FOR SOLUTIONS OF COMMON SENSE, they only want to BAN all guns.

In America, we can SEE what strict gun-control does in areas where it is in effect. It ARMS the bad guy, and DISARMS the good guy. The good guy lives his life in CONSTANT FEAR. So gun-control is a FAIL in America. PERIOD!!!!!!

It does NOT work in AMERICA!! [color=gold]AND, If you do not live in AMERICA, (i.e. UK folks) please feel free to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS as you have NO CLUE as to what you are talking about. And besides, in all honesty, Americans couldnt care less for your input anyways. So why waste your time??!!

Properly trained armed staff in schools WILL stop these shootings from happening!! These shootings are PLANNED EVENTS and will continue until ALL OUR RIGHTS ARE STRIPPED AWAY. ITS THE SAME PLAN WE HAVE SEEN HAPPEN IN THE UK!!!!! History is our CRYSTAL-BALL to the future folks!!! Its there for you to SEE.

Every PARENT in America needs to DEMAND IMMEDIATELY that there children's schools allow properly trained and armed staff in schools to eliminate any further threats. PROTEST, make PHONE CALLS, YELL, SCREAM, just do WHATEVER until your children's school officials HEAR YOU and start ensuring our children's SECURITY!!!

There are some real DEVILS on this planet who never stop planning "events" to help sway public opinion to ACCEPT their NEFARIOUS GOALS!! Goals that will have us in a WORST situation then EVER once they are finally finished and achieve their goal..

Having properly trained ARMED staff in schools WILL STOP THESE DEVILS and their PLANNED EVENTS from continuing!!!!!!

DEMAND THIS NOW FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR CHILDREN. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 21-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

Yup.
Criminals everywhere are chanting to themselves "come on gun control, PLEASE pass and disarm my victims".

There's a good reason that most robberies in the US are commited when the owners are not home. And in Canada and Britain, more are committed when the owners are home. They know they can't defend themselves.

Finally, on the subject of public safety, just how well have gun bans worked in other countries? Take the number of home break-ins while residents are present as an indication. In Canada and Britain, both with tough gun-control laws, nearly half of all burglaries occur when residents are present. But in the U.S. where many households are armed, only about 13% happen when someone is home.

Source: www.forbes.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Wow, you have no idea how the military works. Go join it. Let me know what you find out. Your ignorance is spilling over.

If a State rebelled, the Federal government would most likely appease the state or states because a rebellion would most likely cause the economy of the United States to collapse.

You obviously have no idea about the the world of the military or the economical impacts of a rebellion.

Sir, you have brought nothing but conjecture into this discussion and back yourself up with nothing but your own musings. If you have some factual information to set forward, and on top of that, information that pertains to the topic of the OP, I implore you to continue.

You have proven by your inability to understand what is being talked about in this thread, so my advice is to simply walk away.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If a state backs a Revolution for a just cause, then hell yes.

Why would i NOT go to war with the greatest military in the world? Take the British for example. Who got their ass whooped? The British to a bunch of farmers.

What do you think the military is going to use? 75 Ton tanks? A10s? Predators? No, it would destroy our infrastructure, use your head.

---

I expect a succession to occur more than revolution. Regardless if the Federal Government says the state can legally do that or not.

Would those be the same bunch of American Farmers (they where British by the way, they didn't become Americans untill after the Revolution), who had the French Spanish and Dutch fighting along side of them.What the hell do they teach you in American School's? Not the truth it seems.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As it was stated in the press conference... there are plenty of well trained retired and or off duty LEO's, Military or Federal Law Enforcement Officers that could easily fill the need for an Armed and sworn officer to work in our nation's schools. Pretty simple... Seconds count in active shooter situations... I just think of the unarmed principal who tried to subdue to the killer at Sandy Hook... Imagine if that lunatic was met with equal or greater force to stop him dead in his tracks.... Running Towards danger and the sound of gunfire is not something that comes natural to most. You must be trained properly to face the threat... Aside from that your only hope is that you can get to a phone fast enough to call for help before the shooter takes you out...

Thread on the Press Conference
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am all for well armed, well trained officers in our schools.... Simple

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

...were twice interrupted by protesters who unfurled signs and shouted "stop the killing."

OK, how. With strong language? Wet noodles? How about a well-written petition?

Oh, I know! Gun-free zones! Because it works GREAT now!

Wayne is right in this case. A gun ban will just cause the body count to rise.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All right, so if there's an armed guard walking around the school, and someone is planning to shoot up the school, the logical thing would be to target that guard first, right? Take him out before you shoot anyone else, and you have free reign to do as you please. So obviously the NRA's suggestion doesn't solve the problem at all.

I'm not a supporter of this plan for various reasons, but to solve that issue, the school would need a random teacher armed, so the gunman would not know where the gun is or who has it. Or have the gun locked up in the principal's office or something along those lines.

Still, the ultimate solution is our health industry. We need proper mental health screenings, and proper diagnoses and prescription drugs. Just as we have mandatory vaccinations and physicals, we should have mental health evaluations for all students as they grow up.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Now compare that with the number of times guns are used in those robberies in Britain and Canada.

I would rather be robbed than shot, if I am alone in that sentiment, I will shut up.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by yorkshirelad

No you just have national pride.... We've seen it here in the US... Why do you need cameras at every street corners? Why are people getting arrested over twitter.. for disagreeing with the government...

yeah I agree with this... the UK has had their rights eroded for a long time we need to stop it before it happens here

The U.K. in many respects seems it resembles China more than the U.S. (or what is left of it), though the U.S. is fast getting sucked into the same Orwellian Big Brother 'save' us from everything mentality. One more all seeing camera, one more body scanner, one more email illegally read, one more citizen voice asking questions stifled, perhaps soon one more citizen microchipped and surveiled 24/7 cradle to grave and we'll all be 'safe' and happy,

How free can you claim you are if you feel you need a gun to keep you safe?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yeah, nice little baseless conclusion.

You have not been in the military. Obvious.
You have not taken a basic economics course. Obvious.
You have not read the constitution. Obvious.
You have not kept up with the fragile economic recoveries that are ... may or may not be happening.

Please, use your head and get some basic college and military education / exp. before you make really inarguable statements that is out in left field. Your argument is based off of trolling fallacies, and it's circular.

Your argument, the sky is purple.
Me, no it isn't.
You, yes it is.

You are right about being off topic. So, i will stop here.

So, perhaps you can be the " man " here, and leave the argument be since you are intelligently superior, right?

---

By the way, the French supported us ONLY when they saw we were winning, wait, or do you only have a 5th grade education? Not to mention you said the the US Military would use its Full Might to crush a rebellion .. what kind of fantasy world do you live in? If it used its full military might, it would be destroying itself. Wait, i bet that went over your head.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Same with every school I have been in in NY. Always an officer at the school, has a gun belt like normal. They take part in classes like DARE and such, are available to talk to kids about whatever.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Don't even toss canada in with britain. Canada is nowhere near gun free, it is very similar to the US. Large liberal cities, guns are all but banned, lots of crime rampant. Out here in the country, more guns than people, no real crime to speak of. No police force in my town at all, would be a waste of money, and all they would be doing is harassing teens and handing out stupid fines.

On the OP, if you want armed guards protecting your children, then get guns, get training, and homeschool. That is what I did when I was a legal guardian.
edit on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:09:28 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

NRA wants armed guards in schools

www.reuters.com

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," said Wayne LaPierre, chief executive of the National Rifle Association, noting that banks and airports are patrolled by armed guards, while schools typically are not.

His remarks - in which he charged that the news media and violent video games shared blame for the second-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history - were twice interrupted by protesters who unfurled signs and shouted "stop the killing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NRA Press Conference Live Stream Beginning at 10:45 EST

The US has more guns than any civilized country, and more GUN deaths per capita than ANY advanced country... No opinions, just numbers mete out the fact that we need to rein these things in.. We are killing ourselves...
edit on 21-12-2012 by sensible1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join