It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by SpaDe_
You claimed that 95% of school shootings were committed by students and you have not put even a shred of factual evidence to that claim anywhere in this thread. The burden of proof is on the person claiming that it is true not the other way around. As I suspected from the first page you are just another ignorant troll here to spread lies with no factual evidence to back your claims.

I posted the statistic, posted the source or the statistic, and you refuse to look at it. Ignoring the evidence doesn't make it go away.

Another person calling names when I have been respectful. Is this how it works?

I have looked at the "statistics" that you posted and there is absolutely nothing there to verify your claims. I cannot ignore something that does not exist in the first place. Ignorance is not a name it is a lack of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Heres a chart

Gun ownership vs property crime

Curious as to what the pre-70's numbers were, as there was a major recession going on and property crime rates usually spike during periods of economic turmoil. Also a little curious to see what changes might have happened to the rates after Clinton's gun ban went into affect.

Seems the graph is too small of a sample to see either of those areas.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

heres that chart

do the math on the years, but as you can CLEARLY see the Clinton gun ban increased gun crime
the ban was passed in 1994

link   

You claimed that 95% of school shootings were committed by students and you have not put even a shred of factual evidence to that claim anywhere in this thread. The burden of proof is on the person claiming that it is true not the other way around. As I suspected from the first page you are just another ignorant troll here to spread lies with no factual evidence to back your claims.

I posted the statistic, posted the source or the statistic, and you refuse to look at it. Ignoring the evidence doesn't make it go away.

I have looked at the "statistics" that you posted and there is absolutely nothing there to verify your claims. I cannot ignore something that does not exist in the first place. Ignorance is not a name it is a lack of knowledge.

You called me an ignorant troll, sir.

Clearly you either do not understand the information presented by the CDC, or you did not look at the studies the CDC offered.
edit on 21-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

link   

World has a disaster... US is first on the scene to help

US has a disaster... Everyone is a critic....

just tired of it
edit on 21-12-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

That is some view you have of life on this planet.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

heres that chart

do the math on the years, but as you can CLEARLY see the Clinton gun ban increased gun crime
the ban was passed in 1994

Actually, that isn't the same chart at all.

One was about property crime, this is about homicide.

Also it appears that Gun Crimes evened out after the Gun Ban.

Haven't seen this graph before, thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You called me an ignorant troll, sir.

Clearly you either do not understand the information presented by the CDC, or you did not look at the studies the CDC offered.

You still have no verifiable proof to your claim yet you keep droning on and on about how you presented the evidence. The evidence is not on the CDC website anywhere. There is not one reference anywhere on the entire CDC website where you can find "95% of school shootings are committed by a student". Therefor you either were misinformed or you lied in your original statement. Admitting you were wrong is fine, but continuing to act as if the information exists and you are correct in your claim makes you exactly what I stated you are.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Heres something you Obama-ites might want to sink your liberal teeth into

In 2009, the National School Safety and Security Services firm released a statement following a cut of $184 million to federal funding for protecting schools. “It is unbelievable that at the 10th anniversary of the Columbine attack, President Obama proposes cutting school safety funding rather than restoring massive school safety funding cuts by the past Administration and Congresses,” said Kenneth Trump, president of the firm.

Source

I blame Obama

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Short and sweet, anyone with a problem of community members in conjunction with LEO's protecting our students obviously does have another agenda.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Don't most inner city high schools already have a form of controlled entry and police officers on site? I know the ones around here do...

It's these suburban schools getting hit that haven't had to already take the security measures that bigger city schools have...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Neither of us are stupid.

You know what a link is, that page has a few of them on there.

The statistics were gathered from the lists of information on that page and the linked PDF files.

I implore you to either look through that information. I am not going to continue to address you if you cannot get over this one simple point.

I say it is there.
You do not.
The links are posted and anyone that wants to see for themselves can do so.

We should just agree to end this, because it could go back and forth forever.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

The burbs are behind the curve. The city schools have been dealing with gang violence for decades and have adjusted in kind.

The burbs are still living with that "never happen here" mentality.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Heres something you Obama-ites might want to sink your liberal teeth into

In 2009, the National School Safety and Security Services firm released a statement following a cut of $184 million to federal funding for protecting schools. “It is unbelievable that at the 10th anniversary of the Columbine attack, President Obama proposes cutting school safety funding rather than restoring massive school safety funding cuts by the past Administration and Congresses,” said Kenneth Trump, president of the firm.

Source

I blame Obama

I also blame Obama. He has been very pro-gun since he was elected. He authorized gun carrying into national parks and on Amtrak trains.

I am glad we were able to agree on something. Common ground is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Short and sweet, anyone with a problem of community members in conjunction with LEO's protecting our students obviously does have another agenda.

Obviously. That agenda is keeping kids safe by not adding more guns to the equation.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm not one to want the police in our schools either, which makes makes me think a hired force, perhaps made of veterans, would be a good option.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Don't most inner city high schools already have a form of controlled entry and police officers on site? I know the ones around here do...

It's these suburban schools getting hit that haven't had to already take the security measures that bigger city schools have...

It depends.

I don't know the numbers for elementary schools, but elementary schools are the outlier in this situation.

If I were to extrapolate based on information I have read, I would guess that the drop out rates of inner city schools may have something to do with why children at risk of violent behavior are not shooting up more inner city schools.

If a student is at risk in the suburbs, they are more likely to remain in school and have the support network to keep them from slipping through the cracks, thus keeping them in the schools and potentially bringing violence with them.

A student in the inner city schools is far more likely to wash out before high school making it much less likely he will bring the violence back to the school.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think the NRA has shot themselves in the foot with these latest ridiculous remarks.

Lot of criticism coming in fast.

Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele called the NRA's remarks "very haunting and very disturbing."

"I don't even know where to begin," Steele said on MSNBC after the NRA's statement. "As a supporter of the Second Amendment and a supporter of the NRA, even though I'm not a member of the NRA, I just found it very haunting and very disturbing that our country now that are talking about arming our teachers and our principals in classrooms. I do not believe that's where the American people want to go."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Outspoken gun-control advocate New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg called the statement "a shameful evasion of the crisis facing our country."

"Instead of offering solutions to a problem they have helped create, they offered a paranoid, dystopian vision of a more dangerous and violent America where everyone is armed and no place is safe," he said. "Enough. As a country, we must rise above special interest politics."

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, a Democrat from New York, whose husband was one of six killed and her son seriously injured in the 1993 Long Island Rail Road shooting, said she was "saddened by what I saw today."

"The NRA's leadership had an opportunity to help unite the nation behind efforts to reduce gun violence and avert massacres like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School but it instead showed a disconnect between it and the majority of American people," she said in a statement.

edit on 21-12-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Exactly. If you don't like the American constitution, please, get the hell out, or revolt. Otherwise, you have no argument.

There are one hundred million law abiding gun owners. So.

Armed security or teachers is the ONLY direction you have.
edit on 21-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I was in the suburbs and we had cops on campus for middle and high schools, don't remember elementary, never saw a cop there.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And what do the teachers think of this idea from the NRA?

American Federation of Teachers responds to NRA statement: Schools must be safe sanctuaries, not armed fortresses - statement via @NBCNews

www.breakingnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join