It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Remember when the Mexican government took away the police and military weapons??? I do.... we werent allowed to go to TJ during that time

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My one wish

is that foreigners would stay out of US business... They don't like it when we are in others.... Stop being hypocritical

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

The language barrier thing again.

It's like people are not using logic or something.

The reason so many accidental shootings happen is a lack of education on gun safety.

Past that, what does stray bullet count as? Is that accidental because it misses the intended target?

I know a couple of people that got shot in schools gun free zones.
edit on 21-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

The language barrier thing again.

It's like people are not using logic or something.

The reason so many accidental shootings happen is a lack of education on gun safety.

Past that, what does stray bullet count as? Is that accidental because it misses the intended target?

I know a couple of people that got shot in schools gun free zones.
edit on 21-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

I don't understand your use of the term "language barrier". Is English not your first language? Are my words too big for you? Seriously, I want to get my point across, but you seem to be having a hard time with it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In most infant and junior schools in the uk the doors and gates are shut as soon as the kids are in and all visitors must enter via intercom and reception, and the receptionist would buzz you through a locked door if you are legit. is this the case in the US or are schools open all day for any nutter off the street to walk into?

Schools are like part time prisons enough Allready, without armed guards patrolling gantries and watch towers with sniper rifles. (added imagination)

edit on 21-12-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We all are... you arent speaking real thoughts... just gibberish in the form of sentences

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Come on man, an American telling foreigners to stay out of his business?

Let's just stop this line right now. It makes you look silly.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
this is exactly what I would suggest. I would make it volunteers. Have them coordinate with local police departments, and assign 1 officer for ever group of them to keep costs down.

Usually school districts have police assigned anyways. They can be issued radios like auxiliary police have, but they are then allowed to be armed if they meet the specific requirements that each police department establishes as per the requests of the communities they protect.

They can report suspicious activity and then relay that to police to respond. If shots are fired they can engage the gunmen if necessary.

Ex-military, or off duty or retired police preferred of coarse.

OR arm the auxiliary police and have their volunteer time go to school guard duty.
edit on 21-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
Folks this is a NO-BRAINER!!!!!!!!

Nobody is going to shoot up a place if they know that they will become ELIMINATED IMMEDIATELY!!!

You are assuming sanity.

And if someone wants to shoot up a school and is serious the first target will be a known guard.

Sadly what will work in the USA is not more or less guns - it will be a change in total culture, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
IDK why we are waiting to put armed guards in schools.

I've come to realize that my brain actually is hard-wired different than many peoples. I have been saying put armed guards in schools since before all this happened.

I literally can not understand people when they act like it is a bad idea. It's almost like there is a language barrier even when there is not.

Past that, I see no reason the armed guards should be in uniform; they should look like regular faculty members. No one should know which ones are armed. They should obviously have psych exams and the whole bit.

Give them plenty of trigger time and don't over work them. Of course, all of this would cost money. Yes... about that...

This is the language barrier I was referring to.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

it was the same at sandy hook the killer blasted his way through the door.

link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

We all are... you arent speaking real thoughts... just gibberish in the form of sentences

What are you having a hard time understanding?

link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by oper8zhin

So you are totally okay with having a person in a school whose only function is to kill children?

Weird.

Where the hell do you get armed guard = intends to kill children?

You are aware that in over 95% of school shootings, the people doing the shootings are students from the school, right? An armed security person would be charged with killing one of these students, because if you don't shoot to kill, the person could continue shooting.

So rather than protect the rest of the students by your logic you should just let the killer keep killing? By the way I would like to see the statistics where you can prove 95% of school shootings are done by students.

Statistics are all here if you are so interested.

www.cdc.gov...

You are more likely to be accidentally shot than to be the victim of gun violence. We have virtually zero accidental shootings in United States schools, and have virtually zero guns allowed on school property.
If all indicators prove accurate, more children will die of accidental shootings in schools than from gun violence if armed guards become the norm.

Nice attempt to deflect. Show me the statistics that say that school shootings are 95% committed by students. You are just throwing around information that is completely false. You don't have a thread of factual evidence to back any of your claims because they are all just your opinion and conjecture.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
"Armed guards at a primary school". If this was a headline for some third world country we would be feeling sorry for the necessity but the USA !!!!! Come on take a step back and look at how utterly sad that is.

The day you NEED armed guards at a primary school is the day to hang your heads in collective shame.

Is the drug of a pistol on your hip that addictive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been armed guards or police in and\or near (right outside) public schools in many high crime area schools, it is common in cities and this has been true for many decades.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The information is there. I am not going to hold your hand as you read it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Also metal detectors... which is strange...

the thing is you don't hear about shootings in those higher crime areas....

I still the news likes to glorify everything these days

link   

My one wish

is that foreigners would stay out of US business... They don't like it when we are in others.... Stop being hypocritical

And how many military bases do we have overseas? How many military actions are we involved in other countries.

You have absolutely no credibility for over looking those facts.

Hypocrisy indeed!
edit on 21-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Find comfort in that the number of uneducated zealots who buy the NRA propaganda...is shrinking.

Less American homes have guns, than ever. And after recent events, the number should start sinking like a rock.

Less american homes have guns than ever??? You've got to be kidding me. Not sure whose statistics your're reading,even if the NRA put that out, I SERIOUSLY doubt it, I don't usually watch T.V. but last night my daughter pointed out on the local news that gun manufacturers (and some stores) can't even keep up with the huge backlog or gun purchases. I work with a large diverse section of the public and most EVERYONE I know is either getting a gun (or another one) if they don't already have one (which most already do) people seem to be buying like they fear they may be banned. It's ironic, but if ANY of these 'senseless' shootings are really being 'staged' for political power it is massively backfiring and people are instead arming UP.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

My one wish

It can sometimes be good to get advice from your neighbours. Get the advice of people looking in from the outside.

This is supposed to be a worldwide forum. Do you believe only people from the US should be allowed comment?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join