It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just last night, a drunk driver got behind the wheel and decided to mow down 3 pedestrians.

Liberal solution: Ban all cars.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The types of criminals who have guns in Australia rarely shoot innocent people, they shoot other criminals.

The underworlds figures, asian gangs, mafia, bikies... they all have some sort of "code" where it is frowned upon to shoot innocents because of the flack it will bring on them all. For now they are loving their antihero status and their glorification by tv shows such as underbelly.

The two-bit crim who wants to rob the corner store or a family home isn't going to be able to buy a gun without the right underworld connections, and even if they could why would they buy a $5000 gun to rob $500 off you.

There are still guns around that escaped the buy-back scheme or are stolen from sport shooter or hunters, and they occasionally end up in some small time crims possession, but the chance of you or your family dying from one is very very minute. You'd be better off spending your time and money making your car safer.

edit on 22/12/12 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net...
Merry Christmas.........

edit on 23-12-2012 by madenusa because: sorry wrong

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's because most families are not under constant threat of assassination by their own countrymen.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Nah, we are just under threats of armed robbery, rape, assault, and a boatload more things scumbags like to do for kicks. That family is no more important than any other family, if they want us to disarm, then we stop paying for all their security. Fair is fair.

They want us to get rid of our assault weapons, yet their security and police force are allowed to carry guns that we can't have, it's hypocrisy. If we are expected to defend our homes and families with only certain guns, their security forces and police forces should not get anything better than what we are supposed to settle for. Good enough for us, but not for them?
edit on Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:10:27 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
This is pure and simple wild west hokum.

Only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. eh?

How many good guys shoot the wrong people?

You tell me. How many armed guards at banks and other armed installations shoot a good guy? Or are you expecting me to fill you in because you don't know?

How many kids get hold of the good guys gun and shoot themselves or their friends by accident.

You tell me. When is the last time you heard of a child grabbing the gun of an airport security guard and shooting someone with it?

Were bad guys always bad guys or is it possible sometimes a good guy good turns into a bad guy. What if your good guy with a gun turns into a bad guy.

And what if there is no one with a gun? We saw how well that worked out. So now tell me. How many armed security guards go rogue and shoot people? How many people die from 'good guys gone bad'? How many to plain old bad guys?

This is cowboy horse crap. Its the kinda crap you hear in old westerns.

The NRA seems to think there is not enough guns out there. They now want more people with guns.

You seem to have lots of opinions, no facts, and your opinions don't have much logic to them.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So this is the freedom in your country that the US constantly defends?

The freedom your country constantly invades other countries to defend?

The freedom that 345 military bases on foreign soil needs?

I don't think I want that freedom. It sounds like you live in hell, not the greatest country on this planet that the US constantly brags about.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So I take it you live in a utopia, with no rapes, murders or assaults? I am a countryboy myself, I am more worried about dangerous animals, than people acting like animals myself.
edit on Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:14:02 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Of course not, just a society that does not need military weapons to be accessible to people who simply have no possible need of them.

Most farmers have guns in Australia, but we don't need assault weapons to cull pests.

If you need an assault weapon to defend against rape, murder and assault, that means you are being attacked by a mob, or organised force.

I would argue that most rapes, assaults and murders are committed by a single perpetrator. An assault weapon is not needed here unless you are a really bad shot!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
OMG these people that want to ban guns just grip my hind end.

They do not under stand if you ban all the guns then it will be only the bad people that
still have them.They do not play by the rules nor do the care to break the law to get a gun.

It will lead to more killing and abuse of powers by the bad guys and the government

The only way to stop things like this from happening is for society to change all their values.
And by that i mean every single sole on this planet.

And i do not see that happening any time soon.The other way is by a armed response.
By that i mean a armed teacher or armed security in places that thing like this happen. .

What happened at that school was a tragedy,and no words can explain how those parents and
family's feel or the emotions that they are dealing with.It is truly sad and disgusting times we live in.

But i can say this for a fact if the school had armed teachers or armed security
the loss of life would have been greatly reduced or completely avoided.

The only way to stop a rat is call the rat killer.
( Rooster Cogburn )

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I would rather be overprepared than underprepared myself.....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
reply to post by TKDRL

That's because most families are not under constant threat of assassination by their own countrymen.

So there are no threats out there unless you are a politician?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

So I take it you live in a utopia, with no rapes, murders or assaults? I am a countryboy myself, I am more worried about dangerous animals, than people acting like animals myself.
edit on Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:14:02 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Must be Iran. I hear they have no gay people there too.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Most farmers have guns in Australia, but we don't need assault weapon to cull pests.

ALL weapons "assault." Your point is moot.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
OMG these people that want to ban guns just grip my hind end.
The only way to stop things like this from happening is for society to change all their values.

You mean change to not valuing a gun as the only solution?

And by that i mean every single sole on this planet.

So you're saying every person on the planet should carry a gun?

The only way to stop a rat is call the rat killer.
( Rooster Cogburn )

Yeah, that person never actually existed.....its fiction. Why don't you try something that Abe Lincoln said? He was your greatest president wasn't he?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Prepared for what?

P.S. I do like the quotes in your signature BTW.
edit on 23/12/1212 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

When the retards in the city run out of food and come trying to jack our crops? For a pack of wolves? A pack of wolf/coyote hybrids? An aggressive bear? Anything.

First quote is me, second is from the dark tower series by stephen king

edit on Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:34:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun, 23 Dec 2012 01:37:15 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaxuul

reply to post by TKDRL

Most farmers have guns in Australia, but we don't need assault weapon to cull pests.

ALL weapons "assault." Your point is moot.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

Semantics. Yes I'm sure the term"assault weapons" or "assault rifle" has no exact meaning where you live.

Next argument.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Assault rifle in politician terms means looks scary

To people with common sense, it means fully automatic weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join