It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

But you cannot say for sure if that is causing your gun crime or not. It's just speculation at this point. Right? Could it be that the criminals with guns before the laws, didn't turn them over?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Seems to me the answer is obvious. Your leaders will give you the answer by example. The white house is protected by men with guns. The congress is protected by men with guns. Everywhere your senators, representatives or president go, they are protected by men with guns. Why is this not good enough for our children? If "gun free zones" were to make things safer. Then why is not the congress and the white house a "gun free zone"? You should ask them why? Why is it not good enough for us lowly people???

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

It kind of highlights the hypocrisy of the left. When Clinton asked for it on the anniversary of Columbine it was a great idea. When the NRA says it they call it peddling terror.
edit on 22-12-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here are a couple of thoughts, that I'm working on creating their own threads for...

1) The rediculous stereo-types associated with gun owners.

And, at the risk of seeming too insensitive:

2) Where are the "statistics" showing how many of the annual U.S. "gun murders" involve either the shooter with a criminal record before the shooting, or that BOTH shooter and "victim" have priors?????

This might be an interesting revelation into the percentile of who exactly we are supposed to be mourning, and wishing were still alive.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I agree with you

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If you are saying that most gun related crime outside the mass shooting just occurred involves criminals, then you have a point.
In Sydney Australia, the press have let loose a bombshell, the Australian Customs Department have been falsifying documents ..ie that they checked containers.
And guess what those containers they falsified documents for ....contained illegal criminally supplied[for criminals) semi automatic weapons.
In Australia only Police , Security Officers, Private Investigators, Shooting sports club members can own semi automatic hand guns.
Almost 100 per cent of the daily shootings in Sydney , involve criminals.
They got the guns via the Australian Customs .
Its so ironic, and so pathetic, it makles me ashamed to be an Aussie.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

And what are the odds that the poll was taken in an urban area? Why should paranoid city folks get to dictate how everyone else lives, just because of their population?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness

If you are saying that most gun related crime outside the mass shooting just occurred involves criminals, then you have a point.
In Sydney Australia, the press have let loose a bombshell, the Australian Customs Department have been falsifying documents ..ie that they checked containers.
And guess what those containers they falsified documents for ....contained illegal criminally supplied[for criminals) semi automatic weapons.
In Australia only Police , Security Officers, Private Investigators, Shooting sports club members can own semi automatic hand guns.
They got the guns via the Australian Customs .

First off, my sympathies for your situation...

But, let me see if I understand what you are saying...Your Govt. officials banned handguns from a large portion of your citizens. Effectively, removing competition, i.e. gun manufacturers and licensed dealers, while buying up all of the newly "banned" arms at, I'm assuming, a relative bargain.
Meanwhile, other Govt. officials are complicit, in the importation of illegal weapons from ???, to be sold on the black market for a considerable premium......hmmmmmmm

And there are those, who believe that this is ALL about our safety....

What is that old adage? Oh, yes...."Just Follow the Money".......
edit on 12/22/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by lacrimaererum

And what are the odds that the poll was taken in an urban area? Why should paranoid city folks get to dictate how everyone else lives, just because of their population?

Come on, guys...It's the illustrious huff&puff post...Surely they wouldn't skew their numbers, like they do their information, just to prove their point !!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What are the odd they even conducted a poll in the first place.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fireman205253

It's a tri-fecta....in regard to the three types of deceptions...

Liars!
Damn Liars!
Statistics!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Absolutely!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As Jesse Ventura says, you can't legislate stupidity or insanity. The more 'security' we instate for the sake of keeping the remotest of dangers impossible, the less freedom there is...
...and as I don't think an insane kid was the shooter in the first place, installing extra muscle and firepower will do nothing but give peace of mind.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

do not give up your guns!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I came across this from a man who lives in Utah:

[QUOTE]
Being a Utah resident (other than a 3-year stint at school in Colorado) and with kids in school, it's nice to know that when I go visit the school that I don't have to unload and secure whether I'm carrying open or concealed. I don't open carry a whole lot, but often enough that it would make things very inconvenient when I go to anything at the school.

In the area I live, I know for a fact that there are several teachers and administrators in each of the schools that carry all of the time. If you trust your kids to be with the teachers for 6 hours (or more), 5 days a week, 9 months out of the year, for 12 years, I think we can trust most of them with a firearm. There are several licensed instructors that are doing free CFP classes for teachers, administrators, and custodial staff at the schools here.

Every once in a while, you'll have some principal get a wild hair, usually in the more populated areas, and put up a sign that says that firearms are verboten, but it doesn't last very long. No state, county, school-district, or local government agency is allowed to make any laws, rules, or policies that are more restrictive than state law. The big one there is policies, including employment policies for school district employees. They can suggest or request that you don't carry at school, but it can't be a condition of employment.

We have had one mass shooting at trolley square, a shopping mall, several years ago. The mall has the obligatory "no evil, nasty, mean, and scary guns allowed" signs. BTW, they have no force of law in Utah. If you are carrying and someone finds out, you must be asked to leave by someone with the authority to do so. It can't just be some schlub from the Dead Sea Salt Skin Care booth. And only if you refuse to do so will you be charged with trespassing.

I really like living in Utah.[QUOTE]

So this was actually news to me but certainly makes sense.The only shooting they had according to him were in gun free zones...DUH

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by viking46

No thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Here are a couple of thoughts, that I'm working on creating their own threads for...

1) The rediculous stereo-types associated with gun owners.

And, at the risk of seeming too insensitive:

2) Where are the "statistics" showing how many of the annual U.S. "gun murders" involve either the shooter with a criminal record before the shooting, or that BOTH shooter and "victim" have priors?????

This might be an interesting revelation into the percentile of who exactly we are supposed to be mourning, and wishing were still alive.

Star for you.

Waiting to see those threads come up. Hopefully soon.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness

You've got to be kidding, that's hilarious. LOL

There is maybe 1 shooting a month in Sydney and that includes drive by's where no one gets hurt. And even then that makes headline news on all the media.

Daily shootings in Sydney do not happen or anywhere else in Oz.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What do the police say about gun control?

We know, and research backs us up, an overwhelming majority of America’s rank-and-file cops support private ownership of firearms.

www.leaa.org...

GoOfYFoOt
this one might help your research.
www.justfacts.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So the NRA's solution to people getting shot is MORE guns!!!

LOL, what a shock!!!!!

That's like trying to stop people drowning by adding more water around the place!

If this wasn't so serious a problem you really could laugh at some of the pro-gun arguments.

And I'm neither pro or anti gun. Living in Australia I can get a gun if I want one.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join