It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

and then the reality of the US boiling pot is coming back... sigh you are completely right and it makes me sick....

link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by oper8zhin

So you are totally okay with having a person in a school whose only function is to kill children?

Weird.

Where the hell do you get armed guard = intends to kill children?

You are aware that in over 95% of school shootings, the people doing the shootings are students from the school, right? An armed security person would be charged with killing one of these students, because if you don't shoot to kill, the person could continue shooting.

^^ That is what I don't understand.

link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

That student doing the shooting should be shot in that case.

link   
Did anyone else notice that he completely ignored my post??? with all the stabbings in China well just a two month period

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No thanks, my kid goes to school, not a military complex.

The last thing the States needs is more guns.

The number of homes with guns drops every year, thank the gods. the NRA will come up with more and more drastic , fear mongering tactics in order to boost sales.

You people say you can't stand lobbies, that they need to stop running this country, yet you suck on the teat of the worst lobbyist of all.

Critics will say that guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Yes, people with guns, so the humor goes. But there is deep truth to this. A fighter jet sitting on a military base tarmac presents no danger to us, but a 75-year old actor with the keys to it very well would. Here’s an idea: maybe we shouldn’t allow him anywhere near it.
George Takei

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great.... hire some half senile geezer and pay them min. wage, give them a pistol and expect them to protect your kids.

Chances are they will be in the break room visiting with the teachers and staff and miss the crazed rampage going on down the hall.

NRA doesn't speak for me even though I've been a member since I was a kid.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So you are totally okay with having a person in a school whose only function is to kill children?

Weird.

You are aware that in over 95% of school shootings, the people doing the shootings are students from the school, right? An armed security person would be charged with killing one of these students, because if you don't shoot to kill, the person could continue shooting.

So rather than protect the rest of the students by your logic you should just let the killer keep killing? By the way I would like to see the statistics where you can prove 95% of school shootings are done by students.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

No problem

March 23rd: eight children murdered (knife)

April 2010: 16 kids stabbed and a teacher
April 29th: 28 students stabbed 2 teachers and a security gaurd
April 30: preschooler hit in the head with a hammer, perp then tried to kill himself with gasoline

May 2010: 7 children killed, 2 adults and 11 injured (knife attack)
May 18th: another 10 stabbed

I can keep going... Thats just two months in 2010

edit on 21-12-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

Keep going. Then when you are done, see if you can find a similar list for non-gun attacks in the US.

THEN see if you can find a similar list for gun attacks in China.

My point?

What does a ban on guns prevent? Gun attacks.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Find comfort in that the number of uneducated zealots who buy the NRA propaganda...is shrinking.

Less American homes have guns, than ever. And after recent events, the number should start sinking like a rock.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks armed guards are the answer is living in a fantasy world. Where would the money come from to even put in every single school. And I assume you do not want your general rental cop like you find at the mall. You would want a highly trained securtiy person along the lines of an air marshal because you would be getting into a gun fight surrounded by children. So you know why their not air marshals on every flight? Because the of the huge cost. Of course if a school has an armed guard he would just be the first the target. And then a gun man even has an extra weapon to use. Or how about the first time a kid gets shot with a toy gun? Or the high school kids who hits the guard over the head and takes his gun to kill someone because he pissed off and it oh so close. It does not take a very high IQ to see why this is a terrible terrible idea.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

That was my point exactly.

It costs money for armed guards that get enough trigger time to be trusted around our kids. It costs money to keep tabs on them and make sure they are clean as well.

The reason we will not get this handled properly is simply money.

edit: I will leave the rest of your post alone... I am having that language barrier thing happen again.
edit on 21-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

DEMAND THIS NOW FOR YOUR CHILDREN. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do recognise that yelling is not a substitute for reason, right?

link   

Originally posted by olaru12
Great.... hire some half senile geezer and pay them min. wage, give them a pistol and expect them to protect your kids.

Chances are they will be in the break room visiting with the teachers and staff and miss the crazed rampage going on down the hall.

NRA doesn't speak for me even though I've been a member since I was a kid.

With the number of rude and disrespectful kids in schools nowadays, putting someone in the school to guard them could backfire. They could drive the adult guard insane in a few weeks of watching these kids,
The guard will be ringing their necks in a short time after seeing the stuff going on.

link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
IDK why we are waiting to put armed guards in schools.

I've come to realize that my brain actually is hard-wired different than many peoples. I have been saying put armed guards in schools since before all this happened.

I literally can not understand people when they act like it is a bad idea. It's almost like there is a language barrier even when there is not.

Past that, I see no reason the armed guards should be in uniform; they should look like regular faculty members. No one should know which ones are armed. They should obviously have psych exams and the whole bit.

Give them plenty of trigger time and don't over work them. Of course, all of this would cost money. Yes... about that...

This is the only solution. It is money that will prevent it from being implemented.
edit on 21-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

China last week

22 kids got stabbed.. mass stabbing

yep

Really??

Holy crap.. one incident.

Name 69 more in chinese schools since the late 90's and you might have something there.

The United States has had over 70 school shootings since Columbine.

Well once you've given the state absolute control over your entire life, you may not have to worry about being shot by a criminal on the street, but from the Chinese people I work with and talk to you have to constantly watch your back and every word you say regarding having any 'free' thought that disagrees with 'officaldom' or you might just disappear and never be heard from again. Is that really how Americans in this REPUBLIC wish to live? Is Communist China now our role model?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I LOVE THIS!!!

The liberals are now worried about the money we spend... WHAT THE HECK!? Seriously are we in bizzaro world?!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Weird.

So rather than protect the rest of the students by your logic you should just let the killer keep killing? By the way I would like to see the statistics where you can prove 95% of school shootings are done by students.

Statistics are all here if you are so interested.

www.cdc.gov...

You are more likely to be accidentally shot than to be the victim of gun violence. We have virtually zero accidental shootings in United States schools, and have virtually zero guns allowed on school property.
If all indicators prove accurate, more children will die of accidental shootings in schools than from gun violence if armed guards become the norm.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

People always bring up countries on the other side of the world.

If you want to see what gun control accomplishes on this side of the world look at Mexico.

link   

China last week

22 kids got stabbed.. mass stabbing
...and tell me, please...how many died?

Does that put guns in any different light for you?

No? Thought not.

link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
Well once you've given the state absolute control over your entire life, you may not have to worry about being shot by a criminal on the street, but from the Chinese people I work with and talk to you have to constantly watch your back and every word you say regarding having any 'free' thought that disagrees with 'officaldom' or you might just disappear and never be heard from again. Is that really how Americans in this REPUBLIC wish to live? Is Communist China now our role model?

So what? What does that have to do with school shootings?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join