It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

as a fellow US citizen. you know how this works, we defend our guns. then people from other countries tell us how we need to disarm because Americans kill to much and its the guns fault

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

DEMAND THIS NOW FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR CHILDREN. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 21-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

Screw off. I can protect my daughter just fine without a GD gun.

Doubling the amount of guns to halve the amount of violence is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Stop the sale and distribution. If we're the most powerful country in the world then we should prove it by sealing our borders tight enough to where no more come in. Go door to door and take every gun in America, and that INCLUDES law enforcement. They're not going to need them anymore anyway. If people think for one second that having more guns will stop the bad guy or, my favorite argument, stop the military from taking total control of the populace, you believe in fairy tales. The military can take out every citizen of this country in one day and no amount of AK-47's stockpiled in your basement is going to stop that. And you know it. This isn't arming ourselves against a tyrannical government. This isn't 1776. Grow up. This is 2012 where the vast majority of people use laws to circumvent their way around them. Most people in America need something this drastic in order to protect themselves from themselves because most Americans think like you.

Backwards.

And yes, I live in America. The short time I spent overseas many years ago had a profound effect on me that hasn't left. I know someone who is kind of a social misfit. Misunderstood and ostracized. When his own personal sh*t hits the fan though he doesn't pick up a gun. He picks up a guitar. He may be a misfit but at least he has the social awareness to keep his negatives in check. It's obvious to me at least because he holds a job and he isn't in jail. The mindset of people like you though only spiral downhill because violence really does beget more of it. It's a self-defeating cycle that people can't see because "happiness is a warm gun".

Will a solution like the one I just mentioned ever come to pass? Not in our lifetime. It makes too much sense and the loss of revenue from the loss of guns would be staggering. God forbid we cross-train everyone who works in the firearms industry in any way shape or form so those people can keep supporting their families. We can't have that. We NEED guns. We NEED violence to keep us all on our toes and prevent us from focusing on more important things. Like self advancement.

I see a day coming when public schools are a thing of the past and school districts start taking measures to teach their curriculum to students in the safety of their own homes. A cross between home schooling and public education. If a district doesn't have the finances to provide computers to students, the vast majority of which own computers anyway, they can always set up a "host house" where a certain number of students can go and share the resources. Get some of the wealthier among us to donate some and use it as a tax write-off. Get the teachers to be "host parents", or something similar, so you know there's someone qualified to oversee everything. One of the main advantages to this is that everything would be on private property. Someone's house. City councils may have to create a brand new zone for these types of set-ups, somewhere between business and private, to where the legalities on that end are taken care of, but that would be a small price to pay IMO for the safety of our children.

But yet we make bulletproof backpacks instead.

I don't mean to be overly judgmental towards people about this issue, but really. C'mon. Guns aren't made as a deterrent against crime. Guns aren't made to wound. Guns are made to kill, so logic dictates that the more guns you have, the more death you have. It's that simple. Call me cynical but I have no faith that people will take the high road on this issue. Put a gun in someone's hand and they will NOT become a better person for the betterment of society. That's not how things work.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

ok so you can take the legal guns. but how do you go about the illegal. point is your not getting them all. especially is you have unarmed law enforcement, enforcing this law.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I didn't know about the 21 foot rule, no. But it's like people act like Chuck Norris is coming after them. We have too much fear and not enough non-lethal self-defense training.

Everyone watches these movies and they're so sure they HAVE to blow the head right off of a burglar.. but life isn't life that. First of all, it's a vomit-inducing mess.. months of court and paper work.. nightmares... I don't get why everyone is convinced that the baddest asses in the mexican drug cartel are going to magically appear in their bedroom in the middle of the night.

Get some motion lights and maybe a motion sensor a minute out from your door... then when you see that scrawny 18 yr old idiot on your CCTV, you'll want to subdue him... but not blow his head off.

People are too in love with the idea of taking a life. It's all glamorous on tv.

Do you really want to have your child see you splatter someone's brains about? Do you want them to grow up with that image in their head?
edit on 22-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
when we get rid of the last criminal i will gladly turn in my guns.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

have you ever killed?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Take all the guns you want, people will still kill people with something and now the victims cant defend themselves.

good move.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fireman205253

have you ever killed?

When I was 4 my dad killed an intruder in our home in Boise. My father was killed by a drunk driver the following year. It was some 35 years ago and I still have nightmares because of what I saw as a kid. If mace and stun guns had been available to the public back then it would have made a world of difference.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

i have personally been in the situation a few times through my military career. while those results maybe the way you view killing, it's not the case for everyone. Let me ask you this what would have happened if your father wouldn't have killed the intruder? Best and worst case senario

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Fireman205253

We lived in a mostly poor, immigrant area. A lot of farms and a lot of hispanic workers. I went to a pre-school where they taught spanish and english.

Honestly? I think the guy's family was starving.. I think he would have taken our television and left.

I don't think any posession in our home is worth more than a human life. I think that if there is any way to subdue someone that doesn't involve killing, we should use it first. No matter how angry are that our space was invaded.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There is an answer, but Americans refuse to listen to it. This answer was spelled out in the constitution. We live in a society that fears guns, but the intention of the second amendment was for we the people to literally be a standing army within our borders. This is why the Japanese turned back after Pearl Harbor - "a rifle behind every blade of grass". And this is why it has been and always will be impossible to invade America. The problem is, the people have been "really brainwashed into thinking about guns in a vastly different way". Need I spell it out more? The only way America falls is from within.

To your question, the point is, our society has been taught to literally give away their birth right. The teachers in this school should have been armed not because it was part of their job or training, but because, in the America our founders envisioned, they would have known that guns are a tool of protection. Creating "safe zones" where guns are restricted does absolutely nothing but create victims.

Every American should want to learn how to use a gun... because who else is going to protect you but yourself?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Not likely! Take all the guns....really? Who, exactly, do you propose does this? Are those taking the guns armed? if not, then the entire plan is hypocritical. Is the rest of the world disarming? Didn't think so, so you leave a nation defenseless. Close all the borders, so nothing gets in? Yeah....right....cause they are doing such a bang up job of that now! You could walk a suitcase nuke over the border these days, and you think they can keep out illegal guns? Heck, the government is PLACING THEM in the hands of criminals and rug cartels.

Keep your misguided opinions away from my freedoms, thank you very much. YOU don't carry a gun, if YOU don't want to, but you have no right to state that others cannot.

When the bad guys show up, to attack, and you are unarmed, and I am not, we both know whose child will be safer. When they enter a house with no guns, to rape and kill, then they will succeed. They enter my house with such plans, they die.

You have got no clue how the real world works. Don't care where you lived. been other places myself, and NO PLACE that people would agree with you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

I didn't know about the 21 foot rule, no. But it's like people act like Chuck Norris is coming after them. We have too much fear and not enough non-lethal self-defense training.

Everyone watches these movies and they're so sure they HAVE to blow the head right off of a burglar.. but life isn't life that. First of all, it's a vomit-inducing mess.. months of court and paper work.. nightmares... I don't get why everyone is convinced that the baddest asses in the mexican drug cartel are going to magically appear in their bedroom in the middle of the night.

Get some motion lights and maybe a motion sensor a minute out from your door... then when you see that scrawny 18 yr old idiot on your CCTV, you'll want to subdue him... but not blow his head off.

People are too in love with the idea of taking a life. It's all glamorous on tv.

Do you really want to have your child see you splatter someone's brains about? Do you want them to grow up with that image in their head?

You don't read a lot of news stories, I gather? People break into homes all the time, and commit some seriously horrific acts on the home owners, and they are not all Chuck Norris, either. Silly comparison, anyway, as he's not a criminal. Plus, most people that own guns also know some self defense. They also know that isn't always enough. Remember, there is ALWAYS someone out there bigger, stronger, faster, and with more skills than you have. Plus, I will take whatever paperwork and court hassles it requires to save the lives of my children. Someone entering my house uninvited, I can't wait and see if he's simply some "skinny kid" looking for something to steal, or some crazy jerk that wants to kill people. Plus, a "scrawny 18 yr old" can take you out as easily as someone older, or heavier, if they have a weapon, or are high on PCP, or any number of other scenarios.

What is it with you, that you think if the bad guy isn't a super tough guy like Chuck Norris or a Green Beret, or a drug cartel member, that they can't do you any harm? Reality check, please. Most of the rapists and murderers aren't like that. People still fall victim to them, all the time. People with self defense training.

Plus, people that own guns don't just go around shooting anyone and everyone they think might be a threat. That's flat out nonsense. When a couple of teens were spray painting inside cars in our old neighborhood, no one shot at them. My husband knocked one down, and we called the police. He identified his friend, and no one was killed. Yes, we could have shot. Wasn't necessary in that case.

NO ONE I know is "in love with the idea of taking a life". What drivel. People are ready to defend their families, their homes, their own lives. if that means someone must die, then that is what it means. Doesn't mean anyone wants that outcome, only that we are practical enough to know it might be necessary.

If someone came after you, and you maced them, and they still kept coming, and you fought, and they overcame you, what then? Would you kill them to live, or would you give up and die, if killing you was their goal? That's what it boils down to, in the end.

Personally, I am going to take the jerk out. Faster if there is any threat to my kids. Fool would be better off facing a mad momma grizzly.

We don't live in a happy little wonderland, but in a violent world, where there are bad people, and other threats, and not being prepared is not facing reality.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
There is an answer, but Americans refuse to listen to it. This answer was spelled out in the constitution. We live in a society that fears guns, but the intention of the second amendment was for we the people to literally be a standing army within our borders. This is why the Japanese turned back after Pearl Harbor - "a rifle behind every blade of grass". And this is why it has been and always will be impossible to invade America. The problem is, the people have been "really brainwashed into thinking about guns in a vastly different way". Need I spell it out more? The only way America falls is from within.

To your question, the point is, our society has been taught to literally give away their birth right. The teachers in this school should have been armed not because it was part of their job or training, but because, in the America our founders envisioned, they would have known that guns are a tool of protection. Creating "safe zones" where guns are restricted does absolutely nothing but create victims.

Every American should want to learn how to use a gun... because who else is going to protect you but yourself?

....now where is that applauding smiley.....?

Very well spoken! You know, I am sure, that the plan is for us to fall, because we have enemies in elected office these days, working for other nations instead of this one.

Couple all of that "guns are evil" stuff with the "it's wrong to kill for any reason" stuff, and you have a nation ready to fall, and be overrun.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

Originally posted by Fireman205253

have you ever killed?

When I was 4 my dad killed an intruder in our home in Boise. My father was killed by a drunk driver the following year. It was some 35 years ago and I still have nightmares because of what I saw as a kid. If mace and stun guns had been available to the public back then it would have made a world of difference.

The thing is, you don't know what that intruder might have done. While I can sympathize with the shock that must have been, it's very possible that your father's action that night is the reason you are alive today. There was a case some years back with a "hobo" sort that was riding trains all over, killing people at different places he would get off the trains. Took a long time to solve. Yes, he was poor, but his goal was to kill. Your father, no doubt, didn't want to take a chance that the man who broke in would hurt you or another family member. I wish he was around, so you could talk to him about it. Might help you understand, to know his reasons. Plus, know how I miss my own dad, and I was grown when he died. In any case, I am sure you don't think cars should be banned, because a lot of people die in car accidents. Guns aren't any different. it's the actions of the person in possession that matter. If they are responsible, they won't commit a crime. If they are going to commit a crime, they will, one way or another. Gun, knife, bomb, machete, ball bat, golf club, kitchen utensil, pencil; the world is full of potential weapons. We can't ban them all. We can take measures to protect ourselves from those that would do us harm, though.

I hope I never have to shoot another person. If I have to, though, I will. My kids are more important than some idiot that threatens them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
There is an answer, but Americans refuse to listen to it. This answer was spelled out in the constitution. We live in a society that fears guns, but the intention of the second amendment was for we the people to literally be a standing army within our borders. This is why the Japanese turned back after Pearl Harbor - "a rifle behind every blade of grass". And this is why it has been and always will be impossible to invade America.

I don't know where you learned your history - but both of those conclusions are arrant nonsnense

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
When an emergency occurs, you all call 9-1-1 so that an ARMED person comes and saves/protects you. Still "against" guns, hypocrites?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The constitution isn't a know-all, end-all book of rules... it's fluid and it changes as our society does.

Are these things in the original constitution? Twitter, munchausen by proxy, World War 2, pervs putting cameras in bathrooms, carbon monoxide, spousal abuse, child abuse, DDoS Attacks.. do I need to go on?

The laws change as society changes. We have changed a lot.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaxuul
When an emergency occurs, you all call 9-1-1 so that an ARMED person comes and saves/protects you. Still "against" guns, hypocrites?

More like, so an armed person comes and maybe gets the bad guy after he's killed you and your family. Most places, the cops can't get there fast enough. Too many places to cover, not enough cops, and it takes only moments for the bad guy to kill.

But, hey, we all trust the police and the government implicitly, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I know it was one of the local farm workers, and no, there was no weapon at the scene.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join