It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

and Israel

usnews.nbcnews.com...

funny they have been doing this for a few decades now and no armed guard has gone nuts at an Israeli school since the original massacare by the PLO so i would have to agree nra is on the ball with this one

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Why don't we give guns to kids? You never know when that guard will flip out.

Not only to children, but I demand that all of our guns ALSO have smaller guns so that we can shoot the bad guys while we shoot the bad guys.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There are literally hundreds of thousands of private citizens in states like PA, WV, FL, NC, SC, TX, VA and many others who carry firearms concealed and half you wizards don't even know it. You probably will have someone who is armed walk past you or sit next to you in the next two weeks and you won't even know it.....unless you're in a commie state such as CA, IL, MD, NJ, NY or etc.

Armed and trained and ready to kill, that's what I advocate for public schools, and I work in one.

We have a duty to protect our children, anything short of armed response to the next bloodthirsty psychopath who enters a school with intent to kill is gross negligence on the part of our school administrations, school boards, and politicians.

Banning any type of firearm does absolutely nothing to improve the safety of our children in public school.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by borracho

Tough to make this a money issue when you look at how much the US spends every year on foreign aid to Countries who basically hate us.... The taxpayers have literally lost billions with the bailout of GM after already spending 50 billion on them...

There should be no price to large to take every means necessary to protect our children from deranged people who should have been committed years ago...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

and Israel

usnews.nbcnews.com...

funny they have been doing this for a few decades now and no armed guard has gone nuts at an Israeli school since the original massacare by the PLO so i would have to agree nra is on the ball with this one

So who is America at war with on it's own soil?
Israeli schools are guarded because of the threat of attack by Hamas.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Nothing wrong with kids with guns. Happens all the time in the country. Homeschooling is a good option for those that want their kids armed at school.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah great ideal dumb ass! Maybe you should open a new thread titled "Idiots for gun control"..

Gun free zones are targeted because they are defenseless, just as an unarmed America would be defenseless!

America is corrupt to the core. We have real problems that invite facsist control like our sold out media purports to be the voice of the American people and our elected offices go the persons willing to spend the most money etc.. We hardly have a perfect system of government and foreign and or special interest can and do control policy etc..

A well armed population keeps tyranny in check!
edit on 21-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

We are at war with drugs and terrorism on our own soil off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

well according to bush and obama were at war with terrorists where ever they may be for what its worth...it was more in response to some one saying only america would have armed guards in schools,when the Israelis have had them for about 30+ years and they dont snap and shoot their kids as some earlier in this thread were saying was automatically going to happen,and if the armed teachers can keep their students safe from legitimate terrorists whats so wrong about using them to stop any psycos that could show up armed who wanted to hurt kids.if it can stop the PLO it can stop the next lazada

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

We are at war with drugs and terrorism on our own soil off the top of my head.

So when was the last attack on a US School by either a drugs gang or terrorist group?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

It is easy to do these kinds of things in a country that is smaller than some of our cities.... Also they have mandatory military service for everyone, which again is easy to do in a tiny ass country like that. I think it is a combination of those two things, along with the size of the country that makes it right for them. We have like 99,000 schools in the US, it would be a lot more difficult if even possible to pull it off the same way.
edit on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:49:28 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Probably yesterday, innercity schools have violence carried out by gang members all the time, rarely does it get reported, it's business as usual there. For the record I am not advocating armed guards, just pointing out that we are at war on things on our soil, seems like we will have a war on certain demonized guns shortly as well.
edit on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:51:48 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by muse7

Yeah great ideal dumb ass! Maybe you should open a new thread titled "Idiots for gun control"..

Gun free zones are targeted because they are defenseless, just as an unarmed America would be defenseless!

Actually, "Gun Free Zones" are targeted because schools are labeled "Gun Free Zones". Schools are the targets, not "Gun Free Zones". Schools are # up by students of the schools they are shooting up in the vast majority of cases.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Probably yesterday, innercity schools have violence carried out by gang members all the time, rarely does it get reported, it's business as usual there. For the record I am not advocating armed guards, just pointing out that we are at war on things on our soil, seems like we will have a war on certain demonized guns shortly as well.
edit on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:51:48 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

How much of that is gun violence?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think it's a good option either that or punish millions of respectable gun owners who have done nothing wrong.
We live in a dangerous world and our children should be protected.
You should have heard Bloombergs rant over this today makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Malls and theatres ring a bell? Those are also gun free zones.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
reply to post by oper8zhin

So you are totally okay with having a person in a school whose only function is to kill children?

Weird.

I for one am OK with having a person at my sons school whose only function is to kill anyone that want to kill our children.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Malls and theatres ring a bell? Those are also gun free zones.

Batman was the focus of the murderer in the Aurora theater killing, it wasn't because it was a gun free zone. His armor suggested he was expecting resistance. Theaters aren't generally a target.

Ten mall shootings since 2005 in the states (including the theatre shooting). Of those, only 6 were designated Gun Free Zones. Malls are targets because they are gathering places for people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

reply to post by oper8zhin

So you are totally okay with having a person in a school whose only function is to kill children?

Weird.

I for one am OK with having a person at my sons school whose only function is to kill anyone that want to kill our children.

Whose only function is to kill CHILDREN. You want to hire someone who is perfectly fine killing one of the children he is sworn to protect? Seems odd to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by muse7

Actually, "Gun Free Zones" are targeted because schools are labeled "Gun Free Zones". Schools are the targets, not "Gun Free Zones". Schools are # up by students of the schools they are shooting up in the vast majority of cases.

Really? Why dont we see police stations shot up? Power lies in defense not attack! Had the jews of Nazi Germany been armed like the America public we never would have seen 50 million killed in WWII! It is very likely that Hitler would have been taken out early in his career!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join