It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some good News (for Christmas) that we all need this time of year. Muslims give to Food Bank.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
www.lfpress.com...

"We are not Christians and don’t celebrate Christmas but we are engulfed by the spirit and . . . any time there’s a jubilant harmonious feeling, whatever creed it is under, we thrive on it,” he said.

Chahbar said most of the 30 boxes of food donated by the mosque were collected by children at the Islamic School."

I liked this article anyways, just wanted to share.

*hope this is in the right area to post, social issues seemed the most appropriate place.

edit on 21-12-2012 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Better put the bomb sniffing dogs on it before they open it.
Just sayin..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What!? You mean Muslims are actually compassionate human beings!?

/end sarcasm.

Im actually not surprised. Good on this mosque i say, great way to improve its image and relations with all ethnicities in the surrounding communities. However, people wouldn't be starving if big business wasn't so fking greedy with money and shady with well paid jobs (Y)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Originally posted by imawlinn
Better put the bomb sniffing dogs on it before they open it.
Just sayin..

Ted Kaczynski wasn't a Muslim!

Just sayin... LOL

OP:
The Muslims that I have known personally, have always tended to be kind, helpful, and generous. Thanks for providing supporting evidence.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow, thats is quite nice to hear!!

Because I have honestly NEVER heard of them EVER giving anything for a good cause before. This is a FIRST!!! Good to hear something coming from them besides pouring acid on their daughters faces, or beheading people, or stoning them.

This is nice to hear for a change.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
London is under 400,000 in population,

the total est. population of muslims (2011), is just over 11,000 www.euro-islam.info...

compared to other cities (with way larger or way less) and one main mosque perhaps this is a show of goodwill to avoid conflicts and/or mistrust.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

F*** you. Why do you post news that portray Muslims as tolerant people. Dont you know that all Muslims are evil peadophiles practicing Sharia law and waiting for the right moment to kill or convert all Christians ?

/sarcasm off

S+F

edit on 21-12-2012 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It is a nice story . When I crank ( complain ) about Muslims I'm always careful to say something like "extremist fundamentalists " and yet many assume that I'm talking about Muslims in general .

To many people don't seem to realize that most Muslims are a pretty decent and civilized folk .

But I do think that some of the blame for their bad reputation is theirs because I believe they need to be more enthusiastic about rooting out the evil ( psycho mad dog killers ) in their midst .

top topics

join