It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Dead, 2 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Maths tells me that less citizens being armed equals more potential victims of crazies that are armed.

Maths should also tell you, that less guns on the street means less crazies have the chance to get them

Right after the Morton Grove IL total ban on handguns, a town in Georgia went
exactly in the other direction. Kennisaw Georgia passed an ordinance requiring
everybody able to pack. In the 25 years since, Kennisaw has experienced
ZERO murders. I'll look around for the link while you're gassing up the flame thrower
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just dug for the link... edited.
Source confirms a weapon in the HOME, sorry.
But open carry is assumed with Georgia code.
edit on 22-12-2012 by derfreebie because: Got link from thisguyrighthere and THANKS!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Epirus

Well according to that clown LaPierre, it's down to the video games and movies and NOT the automatic weapons in which people have easy access to. You know, it's funny, the idiot seemed to blame shootings on everything else apart from the gun and nor did he mention anything about cop fatalities, which are obviously a large part of gun crime also.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Gee and I thought Wayne just recently pushed to put everybody
'certifiable' on a national [Crazybase]. Prove a negative folks, and
don't forget to bring your Lee Ttrotsky fake beard to the appeal hearing.
Good luck with that one, Wayne. Anybody want to know why I let my
NRA membership lapse in '75??

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ever hear the term "Suicide by Cop"?
www.examiner.com...
www.mentalhealthportland.org...

Sad but it happens.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yikes, that's getting too close to home for comfort! That's only maybe 50 minutes away or so. There was a newspaper headline in a local newspaper earlier today too about a 17 year old taking a BB gun to school to shoot people. I guess I can only be thankful that his stupid ass posted on facebook about it and got caught and that it was only a BB gun. What is with this wave of copycats lately?!?! Am I just noticing this because I'm older or is this the most copycats yet to a mass shooting???

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Who's to say they didn't and whose to say what difference it would've made. You any good at maths mate? More guns equal more potential for casualties, work it out

Your math might be good but your logic is flawed, less guns equals increased crime rates..that's not a theory that's a fact.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Carreau

I would tell thier family to get thier acts together and provide an able bodied member of the family to do the protective bit, like people USED to do back when humanity had itself a shred of honour, decency or respect for its elders.

I am disabled and live alone, I do not own a gun but why should my right to choose be taken away. I personally like the solitude of living alone so your response to me would be "Too bad, get one of your relatives to defend you!" really? kinda a short sighted and biased response ya think? There are people that are disabled that are unable to wield a knife effectively (I have muscular dystrophy myself and my knees and ankles are pretty well shot) so I would be denied my one self defense option if I needed it (saying that I lived in a worse area)...unreal....I don't understand the logic behind that....until crimes magically disappear the need to be able to defend ones self is a necessity that applies to everyone and should not be taken away

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join