It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Dead, 2 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
yey another "guess what weapon thread?"
i liked the last one even if people still fail to "guess that gun"

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Here's one type

Here's another type

Also 12 gauge shotgun with 04 load will not penetrate a wall.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by micmerci

Most, but no where near all. That doent apply to older buildings that were built before those building codes were written, and it doesnt apply to hastily knocked up buildings that have only qualified for thier habitable status because someone got paid off to look the other way when the walls went up, and you arent telling me that never happened!

You certainly have a vast knowledge of the underhanded back room deals of the American construction industry, for being a Brit! The point is that not all ammo penetrates walls- shotgun birdshot for example. For an incapacitated person a knife is about as useful as a pair of roller skates.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If a person is that incapacitated that they cannot swing a knife, how the hell are they supposed to heft, let alone aim and fire, or survive the recoil of a shotgun?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Please don't take offense - have you ever fired a firearm of any sort?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion

Originally posted by Epirus

Well I guess this was to be expected...now all the crazy copycat shooters come out of the wood work. I hope these horrible incidents don't keep occurring at this rate. Just sickening...I don't know how they are going to be able to fix the mental health problems humanity is facing. I think more of the focus needs to be in that direction though.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Maybe if the media stopped advertising them on the front page everytime they happen, the incidents would stop. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about shootings. They happen every day in various cities throwout the country. Why are they all of a sudden relevent? Maybe its just because the governemnt wants to attack the 2nd Amendment since they've already attacked the 1st and 5th.

If you ignore it the problem will just go away, always works.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Im British, so no. I live in a military town though, so I have been present for tank gun firings at open days at the local experimental ranges. I also grew up with my dads workmates going on and on about depth of penetration, recoil strength, and so on, because he worked on those ranges.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If a person is that incapacitated that they cannot swing a knife, how the hell are they supposed to heft, let alone aim and fire, or survive the recoil of a shotgun?

Out of all the Brit anti-gun flaming over the last week, that may be the most ignorant comment to date. There is no reaching some people, I'm not going to try any longer.

Although I have to say I am a bit surprised at all the foreigners showing such an interest in American policy. Frankly I don't care about any policy British passed in their own country and I would never criticize them for it. I don't live there and however they live doesn't matter to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

this isnt really a massacre though is it??

Just a normal day over there

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

So shotguns dont have recoil? Or dont weigh anything? How are they easier to use than a knife?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

As a woman I stand a much better chance if I am holding a shot gun instead of a knife,

I think that this thread has been lowered to simple semantics. Rather than dissecting the workings of firearms, which by the way are tools, perhaps what needs to be talked about is the fact that we as a nation have so many mentally imbalanced and desperate souls.

Locking up folks that we fear, finger printing everyone that owns a gun in order that only that person can fire it forces the population of law abiding citizens to once again sacrifice and subsidize laws that in the end will have little to no affect on the killing sprees that happen.

If we consider all of the facts of the latest mass shootings, the one thing that stands out the furthest for me as to why someone would do such a thing, is that the shooters were all on some type of mood altering medication. Modern psychiatry along with the pharmaceutical industry are having a hay day turning our youth into killing machines.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Carreau

So shotguns dont have recoil? Or dont weigh anything? How are they easier to use than a knife?

They would more than likely have a small 9mm or something instead. Not to much kick.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

but strict laws must be put in place and imo, it's gonna require a huge over-haul of the current system.

What "strict laws" do you suggest that would stop every future firearm killing? What SPECIFIC changes to "the system" would keep psychos from murdering people? Please enlighten me.

All guns that have the quickest fire power whilst in use by the average joe would get total ban if it were possible, but I appreciate that guns can never go totally from the States.

The AR-15 (the weapon used by Lanze btw) is classed as an assault rifle.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Epirus

Well according to that clown LaPierre, it's down to the video games and movies and NOT the automatic weapons in which people have easy access to. You know, it's funny, the idiot seemed to blame shootings on everything else apart from the gun and nor did he mention anything about cop fatalities, which are obviously a large part of gun crime also.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Quit spreading ignorance! ! !

People DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.

If your going to preach at least learn something about what your talking about.

Obviously you have no idea about firearms. (you've shown that)

Google automatic weapons,

Then Google semi-automatic weapons

Learn the difference for gods sake.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

You didn't bother to read under it then?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Well I guess this was to be expected...now all the crazy copycat shooters come out of the wood work. I hope these horrible incidents don't keep occurring at this rate. Just sickening...I don't know how they are going to be able to fix the mental health problems humanity is facing. I think more of the focus needs to be in that direction though.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Thank the liberals. Used to be you could lock these nutjobs in a boobyhatch and throw away the key, but that came to a crashing halt back in the 60's. Safest job i ever had was working as a correction officer, at least then i knew who the crazies were, but out here? You don't know who they are, carrying a pistol would make alot of people feel safer. I thought about getting a concealed carry permit myself.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

reply to post by Epirus

Well according to that clown LaPierre, it's down to the video games and movies and NOT the automatic weapons in which people have easy access to. You know, it's funny, the idiot seemed to blame shootings on everything else apart from the gun and nor did he mention anything about cop fatalities, which are obviously a large part of gun crime also.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

That "clown LaPierre" is a defender of American FREEDOMS something that YOU from Scotland KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!!!!!

And GOOD GRIEF,do the UK "clowns"s devote ALL OF YOUR FREE TIME minding American affairs?

Dont you have ANYTHING BETTER to do in Scotland than worry about America? I believe your time would be more wisely used on manning-up and growing a spine to stop your authorities over there from taking EVERY LAST RIGHT of yours away.

GOOD GRIEF. Mind you OWN affair and keep out of topics you know nothing about. Topics such as "RIGHTS" of citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I don't have to look at the faces of the victims on the front pages of news papers it won't be my business anymore, but till then it is.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Maths tells me that less citizens being armed equals more potential victims of crazies that are armed.

Maths should also tell you, that less guns on the street means less crazies have the chance to get them

FBI STATS SAY DIFFERENT>
GUN OWNERSHIP UP= CRIME DOWN......

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Originally posted by micmerci

Maths tells me that less citizens being armed equals more potential victims of crazies that are armed.

Maths should also tell you, that less guns on the street means less crazies have the chance to get them

FBI STATS SAY DIFFERENT>
GUN OWNERSHIP UP= CRIME DOWN......

Would like to see the rundown on that stat. Stats down compared to what and during what time period?

Secondly, I'm assuming that America must be happy having bloodbaths to contend with every so-often

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reading a lot of these threads it's almost making me believe that the best way to sort all of this out once and for all is to make it mandatory for all US citizens over the age of 7 years old to have to carry a loaded gun at all times.
All of the problems will be gone withing 12 months.

All of the people will be too mind....but the unnecessary deaths by shootings don't seem to bother some on here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join