It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Dead, 2 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I have a feeling that there are at least 4 people who wished they had guns today.

Just because you may be armed and have a gun, doesn't mean you're not human and won't panic at the sight of someone aiming a gun at you. It also doesn't mean you still won't lose your life.

All these macho gun heads think they would react differently if they had a gun. When you're staring down the barrel of a gun it's only human nature to feel fear and panic.

These state troopers are trained on how to react in dangerous situations, most gun owners are not. Any police officer, state trooper or soldier is lying if they say they don't feel a moment of fear when faced one on one with an armed gunmen.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Yes, but staring down the barrel of an armed crazy while being unarmed almost guarantees that you will lose your life.

Call me silly but I prefer my odds being armed.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Maths tells me that less citizens being armed equals more potential victims of crazies that are armed.

Maths should also tell you, that less guns on the street means less crazies have the chance to get them

This mentallity alone is psychotic! You just verified that you have no clue how a criminal gets anything illegal. Taking weapons out of responsible peoples hands doees not mean less guns for criminals, it means criminals have more incentive to purchase guns illegally to use on un-armed people. Think about this a moment and common sense dictates you change your perception.

A man decides he cannot afford to pay his bills, he decides to grow cannabis to sell to add extra income. He has already decided that the jail time is worth feeding his family for another night. These gun bans go into affect, this same person sees an oppurtunity here. Acquire guns before gun ban or do as he does with the cannabis he grows himself= smith guns in a hidden away garage he claims to be using to fabricate car/machine parts... now the value of a banned firearm becomes another commodity to criminal underground which will turn out just like the war on drugs and the war on alcohol... take some time to actually do some research on prohibitions before you praise the beginning of the worst prohibition a country could ever fathom... especially the US

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

according to me it is the way unpopular kids are treated in school socially crippled for the rest of their live then get a i'll show you creep freak weirdo perv attitude go on a rampage so on and so forth. i am writing my disertation on the psychology american mass shooters excluding the recent.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

Would you care to actually read the articles I linked before "refuting" me with curse words? Either that or just don't say anything, please.

Sorry Mr. Censor Policeman.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The points I made:

Mother Jones has tracked and mapped every shooting spree in the last three decades. “Since 1982, there have been at least 61 mass murders carried out with firearms across the country, with the killings unfolding in 30 states from Massachusetts to Hawaii,” they found. And in most cases, the killers had obtained their weapons legally:

15 of the 25 worst mass shootings in the last 50 years took place in the United States.

Lots of guns don’t necessarily mean lots of shootings, as you can see in Israel and Switzerland.

If you want to check out things from before 1982, then I recommend this documentary:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Well according to that clown LaPierre, it's down to the video games and movies and NOT the automatic weapons in which people have easy access to. You know, it's funny, the idiot seemed to blame shootings on everything else apart from the gun and nor did he mention anything about cop fatalities, which are obviously a large part of gun crime also.

That "clown LaPierre" is a defender of American FREEDOMS something that YOU from Scotland KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!!!!!

And GOOD GRIEF,do the UK "clowns"s devote ALL OF YOUR FREE TIME minding American affairs?

Dont you have ANYTHING BETTER to do in Scotland than worry about America? I believe your time would be more wisely used on manning-up and growing a spine to stop your authorities over there from taking EVERY LAST RIGHT of yours away.

GOOD GRIEF. Mind you OWN affair and keep out of topics you know nothing about. Topics such as "RIGHTS" of citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by micmerci

I have a feeling that there are at least 4 people who wished they had guns today.

Just because you may be armed and have a gun, doesn't mean you're not human and won't panic at the sight of someone aiming a gun at you. It also doesn't mean you still won't lose your life.

All these macho gun heads think they would react differently if they had a gun. When you're staring down the barrel of a gun it's only human nature to feel fear and panic.

These state troopers are trained on how to react in dangerous situations, most gun owners are not. Any police officer, state trooper or soldier is lying if they say they don't feel a moment of fear when faced one on one with an armed gunmen.

So there's your answer! Train the common man to use the gun as a tool for upholding his right to self defense... stop consolidating the training and knowledge to your big daddy government in hopes it will come to your rescue like some d*amned super hero! Empower yourself and get off the governments tit!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

I have a feeling there's five people who wished one didn't.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Deny ignorance, we are all human beings.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Speaking of "ignorance" one cannot help but notice that there has been a LOT of IGNORANCE coming out of the UK lately...

Heres a little HINT for you: Americans dont care about your input GET IT??? We DONT CARE so why waste your time??

edit on 21-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyLIBERTARIAN
reply to post by Epirus

I was just in Altoona 2 weeks ago. Strange.

Nice work, now you have just implicated yourself. "They" will be knocking on your door soon, you are back home right?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I have experienced such a scenario. I did not have a gun to protect myself, I simply used my wit. I think I may have fared a bit better if I had been armed.

Personally I'd rather not have a gun, in fact I imagine a world where they had not even been conceived of. Paradise lost? But now that the world is awash in weapons, I advocate the personal and free choice of anyone that wishes to have guns for self protection and sport.

Don't you find it odd that the vast majority of mass killings occur in gun free zones?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Speaking of "ignorance" one cannot help but notice that there has been a LOT of IGNORANCE coming out of the UK lately...

Heres a little HINT for you: Americans dont care about your input GET IT??? We DONT CARE so why waste your time??

edit on 21-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

Nationality is irrelevant, YOU don't care about my input, I'm sure others can think for themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
hmmm......derailed......what was the op article about again??

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Well according to that clown LaPierre, it's down to the video games and movies and NOT the automatic weapons in which people have easy access to. You know, it's funny, the idiot seemed to blame shootings on everything else apart from the gun and nor did he mention anything about cop fatalities, which are obviously a large part of gun crime also.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: my depends were leaking

I know, if only people would take time to stop and think. Take Texas for example. Dildos are illegal there. When was the last time you heard of a dildo related homicide? You probably can't remember one can you? They are so rare for one simple reason, take the dildos out of the hands of criminals and you don't have people robbing liquor stores with dildos or taking innocent lives with dildos. Don't just take my word for it, look at the facts and statistics, it works.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You do realize that all of the 9mm handguns and things like that are semi-auto right? You can even fire a six shooter by pulling a trigger, but it only holds 6 shells, some 8.

I'm sorry, but if someone is out to kill someone, they will find a way to do it, they have been doing it since the caveman days, bronze age, etc. I think people are just insane, and that's the majority of the problems.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Hi,
link

Emergency officials say 3 men were killed, and one woman in the shooting. The suspect’s was one of those men.

Not much to go on yet. Watch social media exaggerate it.
My take?

I suspect it was a D-V scenario.
He didn't like the dear john letter?

How the heck do you combat violence?
I'm making a conscious decision to boycott it myself, life is too sweet to be so short-lived...

My condolences to the loved-ones.

edit on (12/21/1212 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Dildos are illegal in Texas because they dispel the myth that everything is big in Texas

link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

reply to post by Epirus

That "clown LaPierre" is a defender of American FREEDOMS something that YOU from Scotland KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!!!!!

And GOOD GRIEF,do the UK "clowns"s devote ALL OF YOUR FREE TIME minding American affairs?

Dont you have ANYTHING BETTER to do in Scotland than worry about America? I believe your time would be more wisely used on manning-up and growing a spine to stop your authorities over there from taking EVERY LAST RIGHT of yours away.

GOOD GRIEF. Mind you OWN affair and keep out of topics you know nothing about. Topics such as "RIGHTS" of citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but my un-familiarity with American slang has let me down, is "American FREEDOMS" slang for dollars?

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

reply to post by Epirus

edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: my depends were leaking

I know, if only people would take time to stop and think. Take Texas for example. Dildos are illegal there. When was the last time you heard of a dildo related homicide? You probably can't remember one can you? They are so rare for one simple reason, take the dildos out of the hands of criminals and you don't have people robbing liquor stores with dildos or taking innocent lives with dildos. Don't just take my word for it, look at the facts and statistics, it works.

I'll take death by gun anytime

link   
reply to post by Epirus

How is a copycat shooter when he is standing in the country shooting randomly? Just sounds like a shooting to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join