4 Dead, 2 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

4 Dead, 2 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com

BLAIR COUNTY, Pa. (KDKA) — Emergency officials are on the scene of a deadly shooting in Altoona.

Right now, sources tell KDKA-TV that 4 people are dead, and two Pennsylvania State Troopers were also shot, but expected to be survive. Troopers did shoot and kill the suspect.

Sources say the suspect was on a rural road in the Altoona – Hollidaysburg area shooting at random.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well I guess this was to be expected...now all the crazy copycat shooters come out of the wood work. I hope these horrible incidents don't keep occurring at this rate. Just sickening...I don't know how they are going to be able to fix the mental health problems humanity is facing. I think more of the focus needs to be in that direction though.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I was just in Altoona 2 weeks ago. Strange.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Well according to that clown LaPierre, it's down to the video games and movies and NOT the automatic weapons in which people have easy access to. You know, it's funny, the idiot seemed to blame shootings on everything else apart from the gun and nor did he mention anything about cop fatalities, which are obviously a large part of gun crime also.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

We do not have easy access to automatic weapons. They are illegal to buy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I have a feeling that there are at least 4 people who wished they had guns today.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

I have a feeling that there are at least 4 people who wished they had guns today.

Who's to say they didn't and whose to say what difference it would've made. You any good at maths mate? More guns equal more potential for casualties, work it out

Originally posted by HappyLIBERTARIAN

Excuse me, semi-automatic.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Maths tells me that less citizens being armed equals more potential victims of crazies that are armed.

Maths also tells me that 4 armed victims would have equaled only 1 causalty today instead of 4 and 2 injuries.
edit on 21-12-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Maths tells me that less citizens being armed equals more potential victims of crazies that are armed.

Maths should also tell you, that less guns on the street means less crazies have the chance to get them

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Well I guess this was to be expected...now all the crazy copycat shooters come out of the wood work. I hope these horrible incidents don't keep occurring at this rate. Just sickening...I don't know how they are going to be able to fix the mental health problems humanity is facing. I think more of the focus needs to be in that direction though.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com

It is sickening...you're right. But I think we're too quick to label it a mental health issue. We're making way too many excuses for people. That's whats wrong with this country. Too many excuses...not enough personal responsibility. While I do agree that there are cases of severe mental health issues, sometimes people are just *&^&ed up.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

"On the streets" is a vague term and a overused talking point. Licensed carriers are not crazies "on the streets".

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

"On the streets" is a vague term and a overused talking point. Licensed carriers are not crazies "on the streets".

How do you know, did you vet them?

And most mass gun killers in the U.S. obtained their weapons LEGALLY.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com

It is sickening...you're right. But I think we're too quick to label it a mental health issue. We're making way too many excuses for people. That's whats wrong with this country. Too many excuses...not enough personal responsibility. While I do agree that there are cases of severe mental health issues, sometimes people are just *&^&ed up.

Yeah I can agree with you on the excuses part. Personal responsibility is really lacking in this country and it's becoming more and more apparent.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Because when a firearm is purchased legally in this country it must be registered. Background checks are performed for carry permits. Law abiding citizens carrying firearms is not the problem here.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Who's to say they didn't and whose to say what difference it would've made. You any good at maths mate? More guns equal more potential for casualties, work it out

Gun Free Zones

Gun Free Zones

I don't think you're really taking it all in, mate.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com

Maybe if the media stopped advertising them on the front page everytime they happen, the incidents would stop. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about shootings. They happen every day in various cities throwout the country. Why are they all of a sudden relevent? Maybe its just because the governemnt wants to attack the 2nd Amendment since they've already attacked the 1st and 5th.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow, people die senslessly and now not even a note of condolence from those with the agenda...first response is take away the guns/ give everybody more guns.

The weapon is not the problem.

What if the only available weapon was a high powered compound bow? We would have Arrow impersonaters and Hunger Games players everywhere.

Its not the tool, its the tool using it.

Sorry for the families who are suffering loss.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Gun Free Zones

Gun Free Zones

I don't think you're really taking it all in, mate.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

Me? Just to clarify, who gives a sh*t how common or uncommon these types of events are? The fact is they happen, and EVERYONE is in danger, not just kids.

You seriously think churning out more weapons is the answer to this? Lunacy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I find it worth noting that the media seems to be on a rampage of their own.

Finding gun violence and rendering the narrative suitably "horrifying" is not hard in this country.

But I am still surprised that people think that if you ban firearms, criminals will somehow not get them. Unless I am mistaken, acquiring an unlicensed, unregistered, firearm is the first order of business for the violent criminal type...

... so the idea that banning them or increasing the requirements to acquire one legally would affect that seems naive to me.... but the media appears to be dedicated to the proposition that we should be naive; and follow their "talking heads" dicta blindly.

Of course, in the future, when they start spouting statistics about people killed by guns, I hope not to be the only one who asks questions... like "how many were self-inflicted?" and "how many were illegal firearms?" or "Does that include police shootings?" etc. etc.... which they never bother to specify otherwise.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Would you care to actually read the articles I linked before "refuting" me with curse words? Either that or just don't say anything, please.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join