The Mayans Marketing Campaign!

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So I did a quick search and didn't find another thread talking about this... So here we go, it's been found that all the 2012 thing and the Mayan calendar and all this stuff is actually a marketing campaign. You don't believe it? Watch the video below.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That is too funny, and a bunch of bunk, all rolled into one!?!!?! Astounding!!
I wouldn't have ever known!!!!! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sorry, but I do not buy this garbage at all. I have read academic writings on this subject, and "bloggers" are not sufficient enough to modify the scientific literature. This date was chosen because not only is it the date of the winter solstice, but also because the sun rose in the center of the Milky Way galaxy, which the Mayans called the dark rift, or the place of birth.

So sorry, but this is FACT. The Mayans never said the world would end, and in fact modern-day Mayans were saying pretty much the opposite. The "hype" was over the end of the world, and THAT is what was "fabricated" and placed on the shoulders of the Mayans.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So that is what was behind all the hub-bub!

Probably the best explanation I have ever heard on the subject of 2012

I loved it!

ETA: I wonder when they will start rolling out their "I survived the Mayan Apocalypse" T-Shirts and where said shirts can be bought

~OkieDokie
edit on 21-12-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

new topics

join