It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment In Thought-Form Interaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So many of you who recognize me, know a lot of what I study, which can be evidence from my thread creation history. One of the things that I do study, is Extra-Sensory Perception.. Now what is that really?

Extrasensory perception (ESP) involves reception of information not gained through the recognized physical senses but sensed with the mind. The term was adopted by Duke University psychologist J. B. Rhine to denote psychic abilities such as telepathy, clairaudience, and clairvoyance, and their trans-temporal operation as precognition or retrocognition. ESP is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct or hunch, which are historical English idioms. It is also sometimes referred to as intuition. The term implies acquisition of information by means external to the basic limiting assumptions of science, such as that organisms can only receive information from the past to the present.

To give a basic wiki-link on it, is above, but I will expand. When I was first researching who David Wilcox is, yes I know but I'm still on the fence with him, I read about his experience with Harold Sherman's "How To Make ESP Work For You." This was always one of my biggest fascinations growing up, and the basis for most of my dreams..

Now skip forward a bit, to myself now, constantly devouring more and more esoteric or occult texts, Ayurvedic medicine, and so forth. One of the books that made it's way into my collection through torrents is none other than the same, Harold Sherman's, "How To Make ESP Work For You."

Since I am a pretty avid reader, I put my whole library onto my iPhone so that I could carry it to work, and read on my breaks. One day I started reading a bit out of Harold's book, and in it he describes how the body exists as a radio antenna to receive and transmit signals. One of the times, that the body is best capable of receiving signals from others, is during sleep, when your mind is less guarded by consciousness. There were a couple of 'experiments' where he transmitted thoughts to people who were dreaming to wake up at such and such time, they would dream it, wake up at that time, and call him to see what had happened...

Well, that is where my story begins. The other night I came in from babysitting for a friend while they worked, and my sister was asleep in our recliner. She doesn't live with our family and I, but occasionally comes to visit when she wants to say hi. She is a very deep sleeper that is hard to get her to move, or even wake up. My father's live-in girlfriend had made a Stouffer's casserole and asked me to wake my sister to eat. I would start shaking her and saying her name until she waked up. As always she would look at me with a dirty, half-eyed stare, say she is up, and then proceed to keep sleeping. I grabbed a plate anyways and proceeded to eat. While I was eating, I thought back to what I had read in Harold Sherman's book about the body being a better receiver during sleep. This struck me with an odd idea of a prank. I returned to the kitchen to lay my plate down, so as not to obstruct my hands.

I then made my way back into the living room to stand in front of the recliner where my sister was sleeping. I let my arms hang down by my sides, and thought intently upon tapping and shaking her feet with all I could think. I didn't physically move, it was as if I was moving my thought or illusory body. The end goal was to see if I could astrally shake her awake so to speak. I.E. think of shaking her awake and she actually looks up at me. Well during the whole time I was eating and previously trying to wake her, other than when she awoke, she never moved. However, when I started thinking of tapping her with what would be my astral hand, after only a few seconds 5-10, the foot that I was focused on, twitched and shook as if she was unconsciously trying to shake a fly or some other pest that had been bothering her foot. Much like you would shrug off an insect.

Now I know a lot of people will say it is coincidence, etc, etc, but in all reality, I know and have lived with, and shared a bed with my sister when we were younger. She doesn't move when she is sleeping. Nada. Sure if she unconsciously wakes up and shifts positions to fall back asleep. But she doesn't just move uncontrollably. This scenario kinda spooked me a bit at first because the mathematical probability of her "just-doing that" at a time when I was actively trying to force something to that effect, is very low. Why is it her foot only twitched immediately after I started attempting to see if my thought-forms could subconsciously interact with her while she was sleeping?

Whether I was successful or not, I was definitely not expecting that, and has given me a new interest to begin research into this field. What are your thoughts ATS?

Note : Before replying to the thread, just know that I don't care for all the catcalls for "proof". I know what I saw, and this is my story. Take it for what you will, but I won't attempt to prove that it happened to satisfy ego's....

And I'm talking to you shady bunch!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think this is absolutely possible, if not probable. So I will not detract from your experience by saying that it never occurred. I think that IF you really were able to influence her with your mind, so to speak, then obviously you are perceptive enough to get it to work again. I'm sure everyone has abilities similar to these, but these abilities lie dormant in most for whatever reason.

So anyway, I think you should further the experiment, and see if you can get some more preliminary results. If so, you could take it one step further and organize an actual larger experiment. However, I think that part of your success hinges on having a receptive individual to send thoughts to, because as I said, these abilities may be dormant in many, therefore many people may not be able to receive these signals, whether asleep or awake. I think it is worth further investigation at any rate. Keep us updated if you decide to pursue this avenue.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I would like to further this; but I will have to find another way to attempt to influence them. People might freak out if I was just standing in their room watching them sleep.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I believe it. Thoughts are energy. Being one who works with blocks in people's energy fields and trying to explain "how" it works to another...let's just say unless you've done it yourself the explanation doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Interesting stuff. Some will scoff, but I have experienced a few things similar. On more than one occasion, my dad and I both were able to know a word the other thought of. We made a game of it. Many times, he would think about wanting something, like a beer, and my brother or sister would come in the room and get him one. Mind you, he never spoke out loud when that happened. Once, watching a movie with my husband and kids, I realized I had a smudge on my glasses. Didn't remove them, or move my head, just thought to myself, "I think I will as *my daughter* for a tissue on the commercial break." She was sitting near them. Almost immediately, she reached over, got one from the box, and said, "here". My husband gave her a very odd look. I knew what had happened, but asked her, "why did you hand me this", and she stated I had asked for it. Well, everyone else knew I hadn't. She figured that out quickly, too, and we laughed about it. Hubby didn't, though. he had to admit the stories I had told him were real.

Other times, have been able, with varying success, to "send" a message to someone at the store (long before cell phones and texting!), for an item left off the grocery list. Felt something "hit" my eye, at the same time hubby had a metal rod hit his, too. Can, on occasion, "push" a traffic light, or another driver.

So, can believe it's possible to physically affect someone. Would be worth testing that out, though, to see if you can do it again!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Oh that's something that happens a lot around me. I will get "glimpses" of words in my head, or think of something somebody is going to say before they say it. There have been a many of times I knew what my Dad was going to say before he said. I sometimes try and guess who is calling me before looking at it as well..I've noticed more often than not; the ones that get "blurted" out, are usually the right answers..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just attempted this again while she was sleeping in our recliner; yet again. I just stood there, crossed my eyes to my nose, and focused on rubbing and tapping her feet with my 'thought-hand' or astral hand. Once again, not even a few seconds after I started it, her feet twitched again. Twice in a row? Doubtful it could be coincidence or probability.
edit on 22-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Though forms are very real things created in the astral plane. If you are manipulating her astral field just by concentrating in the physical plane, you two must have a close bond indeed.

If she's open-minded enough, I'd try an experiment with her that I do with my daughter. She is four and, since she could talk, we'd have mental thought-sharing exercises. I "push" thought form images to her and she tells me what she sees. She is spooky accurate.

If you are into creating thought forms (homunculus style), try creating non-specific fauna in your work area and don't mention it to your family. Wait until they say something. Now, I actually create specific ones that my wife will later describe to me when seen darting behind the couch.

Keep us updated.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

IPeople might freak out if I was just standing in their room watching them sleep.

I don't have anything super relevant to add to this post, but that line cracked me up. I need to try this!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That is very interesting. I have seen mention before in regards to the works of Francis Bacon and others, about using 'Semen' to create a miniature-form of themselves. It was also called a homunculus. Any advice on creating such things? I've only ever seen mention of them in passing, however I would be very interested in working with them.

As for my sister, she is very open-minded to spirits and the like, however it would be very hard for me to talk her into any kind of exercises. She doesn't seem to care as much for the esoteric and paranormal studies like I do. I will attempt to do so, but it may be after the Christmas season. My sister and I were born a mere year, and twenty days apart.

Her: May 10

Myself: May 30

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateninjah

I made a Facebook post on my wall about, "Beware: If you fall asleep around me, I will use my thoughts to mess with you while you sleep."

and then I tagged her in it, lol.

I would very much like to continue this experimentation, however it would indeed bring out a tad of creepiness, for people to wake up to me watching them sleep.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Is this something you can do long-distance? Have you tried nudging her while she's in a separate house?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateninjah

I only ever tried it these two times. I was familiar with the concept of the body being an antenna through my reading of Harold Sherman's book. It just randomly occurred to me at the time, since I was trying to wake her up, to see if I could use my thoughts to influence her to do so. That is when I started visualizing myself tickling her feet, and she twitched. I am very reluctant to label these situations, second-time included, to coincidence, mainly because I watch her for a good moment before trying and she only ever 'twitches' when I start interacting with her via my thoughts. The probability of such a thing is tremendously low in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I experiment with that stuff too!

We give our dogs free-reign throughout the day.
Our eldest boy is very independent and prefers to be by himself out in the yard...he's a guardian type of personality.

The youngest prefers the cushion next to me. When I get up to call Porker inside, apple-jack thinks it's time to go out...the real guard dog!

The first few times I tried to telepathically call him in, it worked really good! Especially with the little one.
That Porker must just be rude because after a while of him coming in after I mentally call for him, he just ignores me anymore.

So I really don't know if it's real, or how well it works.

edit on (12/24/1212 by loveguy because: edit

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Oh that's something that happens a lot around me. I will get "glimpses" of words in my head, or think of something somebody is going to say before they say it. There have been a many of times I knew what my Dad was going to say before he said. I sometimes try and guess who is calling me before looking at it as well..I've noticed more often than not; the ones that get "blurted" out, are usually the right answers..

I have a few family members that "hear" thoughts. I don't do that, but with my dad, we just seemed to know what the word was the other was thinking. Have known other things that way, too. With those other family members, they claim they actually hear the words (unspoken) as if someone spoke them out loud. My dad and I could "send" more, instead. Some fun little skills in the family! A bit disconcerting to people that don't know, though, or that see some hint, and are afraid of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You wouldn't believe what kind of insights I have had that come from a 'subconscious' part of myself more or less. For instance, one night before I was drifting off to sleep, a random thought floated through my head that the Tribes of Israel in the Bible were related to the Zodiac signs. Shortly after awakening the next day, I sat down and started researching it. I was right, and it kinda blew me away. Other stuff similar to this that just kind of 'hit me', and turn out to be true.

top topics

join