It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans make fools of themselves as the International Community loses patience with America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Maybe you should look at what Boehner and the obstructionist Republicans are doing before you use this as an example to bash Obama.

The Republicans embarrass themselves quite often and yet, ATS deflects that away and uses it to bash Obama.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by TheTardis

Right, we're all jealous. Because it's not like the US is the only major nation to be experiencing an economic collapse this massive because of your deeply flawed system. No, the rest of the world want to manipulate you because you're a cornerstone of the global economy, and by refusing to deal with your own problems, you're happily screwing the rest of the world. So the world's given you an ultimatum, either fix yourselves or we're just going to ignore you, and I say it's about time.

I agree.. It will take something major like that for people to realize what is going on. That is kind of my point. We need to be fixing it because it needs fixed.. Not doing patchwork on it for the benefit of the rest of the world. Obama does too many things to help us "Look good" to everyone else. He isnt going anything to actually make things better. In fact just the opposite.. were going to down the toilet but he still smiles for the camera and gets his photo ops in..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
I like how this is all the republicans fault though when you have a president basically saying its my way or the highway and refuses to even talk about options.

???? WTF are you talking about? Boehner..the GOP Majority Leader...just got vetoed BY HIS OWN PARTY...after promising to deliver the GOP "Plan B"...The GOP just shot down THEIR OWN BILL...and you are still trying to blame the President???

Wow...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
This is an article titled "New Study Confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policy" article

I will quote

"A new study from the widely respected National Bureau of Economic Research released this week has confirmed beyond question that the left's race-baiting attacks on the housing market (the Community Reinvestment Act--enacted under Carter, made shockingly more aggressive under Clinton) is directly responsible for imploding the housing market and destroying the economy."

BOOM

How about you direct us to the study? Rather than an "Examiner" article written by this idealogically retarded bobble head?

Robert Moon, Conservative Examiner

Robert Moon is an award-winning researcher, published author, and former Regional Coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots. He has organized for conservative causes and candidates for the last fifteen years, is a former Precinct Committeeman and is currently stationed overseas.

This article by the Examiner is posted all over the desperate right wing blogs...NONE of them actually cite the study...only the article written by a TP bobble-head who also strangely doesn't cite the study.

Here is the National Bureau of Economic Researchers website...perhaps you can find the study...

www.nber.org... ..........God help me the Liars need to go.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

I love how its ALWAYS the Republicans fault, no matter if they're the ones in control or not.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
LOL the "international community" relies on the U.S. for their very existence. We are the only sane super power that keeps the Earth at least somewhat stable, we invent everything of any consequence, and every refugee from every bad situation on the planet will do anything to immigrate here.

How about we give the "international community" some credence when they get their houses in order and stand on their own two feet?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Stocks fell, the euro was weaker and oil prices were off as investors sought safe haven assets such as the dollar...

Is this correctly quoted, it doesn't seem a logical statement...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
I like how this is all the republicans fault though when you have a president basically saying its my way or the highway and refuses to even talk about options. He would rather take start taxing the crap out of people rather than maybe just stop spending so much money. Hey but at least were helping China with their green energy projects. Dont be so naive to think this is just a problem with those pesky republicans.. Why are people so un willing to open their eyes and realize that the guy sitting in the oval office is the biggest problem this country has ever seen.

Agreed. I have come to accept, if they can't see it on their own, they can't be convinced of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner
It just seems to go against the grain to see all these countries telling America what to do these days.

It is, and it's high time it happened. Of all the countries complaining about Washington, the one that formed as a country the soonest is still probably 3 times as old as America is. People seem to forget that we're the babies on the world stage as far as being a country, therefor knowing how to operate as one, while beating our chest saying we have the most powerful weapons. So the typical American thinks they have a right to be cocky to the rest of the world.

I don't care who's at fault, Rep or Dem, that's not the point and no one in this thread seems to be talking about it. The point is that we're the one economy in the world that has the most influence on the rest, yet we can't balance the checkbook. Because of our position, that shortcoming is going to roll downhill to the rest of the world and have a very negative effect, if it hasn't already. Can anyone here blame the rest of the world for worrying? I can't. This is one of those things where the outcome of the game is bigger than the players.

China and Brazil have the right idea. Monetarily distance themselves from America. They know they can't tell a stubborn child what to do so they simply form their own monetary system that is independent from America's. While they're doing that, the average American is crying about a New World Order and how "draconian" it's going to be. Think what you want, but countries like China and Brazil aren't doing what they are to control us, they're doing what they do in order to save their own a**. If people here can't see the reality of that, then those people need to start paying closer attention.

You say America is the greatest and that everyone should bow to us. Well, if they don't that's their loss right? Why worry about them. Keep collecting your unemployment checks, nutrition assistance funds and/or minimum wage pay while zoning out on your video games, Stallone movies and shootings in the news while telling yourself you're the sh*t. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is going to slowly be taking over the financial markets for the sake of...............the rest of the world. People like me are going to be staying on top of what's happening in that regard so we can easily acclimate ourselves into whatever system acclimates into ours. It's painfully obvious that America doesn't care about anyone but itself and if they behave that way long enough, they're going to wake up one day and realize they got owned by the rest of the world while they were sleeping on the job.

You people who keep trying to blame Reps or Dems are doing it to yourselves. ( Not you OP, you're trying to get people to see the big picture but they're only focusing on what they want)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If these stupid games keep being played by the GOP, the Democrats will have the super majority in both houses of Congress come election eve 2014. They won't be able to rig elections next go around either. Personally, I hope conservative voters wake the hell up and get some Libertarians in to balance out dems. Libertarians should keep in mind though that until jobs start opening up in the US again, austerity will end in disaster. Fiscal Conservatism needs to focus first on how to get America back to work, once we're back on our feet a little bit would be the time to talk about cuts to entitlements.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

..........God help me the Liars need to go.

So you are logging off when?

Here is the study:
Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Lead to Risky Lending?

Authors:
Sumit Agarwal
Efraim Benmelech
Nittai Bergmen
Amit Seru

Yes, it did. We use exogenous variation in banks’ incentives to conform to the standards of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) around regulatory exam dates to trace out the effect of the CRA on lending activity. Our empirical strategy compares lending behavior of banks undergoing CRA exams within a given census tract in a given month to the behavior of banks operating in the same census tract-month that do not face these exams. We find that adherence to the act led to riskier lending by banks: in the six quarters surrounding the CRA exams lending is elevated on average by about 5 percent every quarter and loans in these quarters default by about 15 percent more often. These patterns are accentuated in CRA-eligible census tracts and are concentrated among large banks. The effects are strongest during the time period when the market for private securitization was booming.

It is accurate to state that the housing bubble was primarily created by the CRA, however, this is not exactly new news and was seen as one of the potential outcomes when the CRA was enacted.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by DrNotforhire

I can tell you that the GOP is solely responsible for the innovation of the Wonder Bra. Complete w/ a partisan link and all. That still doesn't make it true.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Wonderbra may have been invented in the USA by Israel Pilot in the '30s, but Canada's Moe Nadler built the brand name.
Those darned Canadian Republicans.

This is the most informative post in the thread

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I wish Obama didnt rub his 40-60 million dollar vacations in our faces every two weeks... or have hundreds of people working at the white house who do LITERALLY NOTHING...

or stop paying your dog walker 100K a year...

little things add up

yes, the First Family are living it up in the WH and abroad, and they have the gall to tell us we have to share our paychecks.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
with all the "stimulus" money being printed and thrown around for bank ceo's and investors to gorge on, they are in danger of exploding.

it must be embarrassing to cash a check in for 80 million dollars every quarter. it's just to easy.

maybe the politicians are trying the shame approach.

give them $300 million checks to cash every few days until they get to the point they are doing something wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If this is not the first time, during Obama's tenure as President, that a budget has not been passed by the Congress, what is the catastrophe waiting to happen if they don't do it one more time?

They can authorise spending under each head, remove the debt ceiling limit (which they don't have to do until a few months later).

Since the Federal Income Tax was never collected by the authorisation of the Congress, it makes no difference whether Congress takes cognisance of the revenues accruing under that tax or not. Obama can allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, extend them or change them completely without anyone from Congress agreeing with him.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

If this is not the first time, during Obama's tenure as President, that a budget has not been passed by the Congress, what is the catastrophe waiting to happen if they don't do it one more time?

I hope by how you word that you just haven't had the time to take out for research into this. The fact is, Obama hasn't passed ANY BUDGET since he became our President. The only thing he's signed as a budget has been the carry over budget BUSH wrote in 2008. Literally, that was the last formal budget our nation has had.

Among other things...Budgets set lines to CONTAIN spending, not just set out money to allow for it. Without them? Well... how's that 1-1.5 trillion a year in deficits working out? It's doomed us from where I'm standing. Thats why it matters that he's now making it a perfect 4 years straight without a budget.

Heck, budgets have become so irrelevant now, we have our own Treasury Secretary calling for unlimited debt ceiling authority transferred to the Executive Branch. Why bother having the House of Representatives be a nuisance to deal with on that at all? (Except it's a constitutional thing ..and it's clear in absolute terms on it for the duties of Congress as a Branch)

Now the U;S. has gone SINGLE years without a Federal budget from time to time in it's history. it's even gone a couple times at 2 years in a row as I recall. Never have we had an entire Presidential term served and closed out without a budget though. This isn't just absurd anymore, it's positively surreal.

I have no idea when the crash comes anymore because honestly? I have NO idea why it hasn't already happened.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
LOL the "international community" relies on the U.S. for their very existence. We are the only sane super power that keeps the Earth at least somewhat stable, we invent everything of any consequence, and every refugee from every bad situation on the planet will do anything to immigrate here.

How about we give the "international community" some credence when they get their houses in order and stand on their own two feet?

Anmerica is the problem. Not the solution.

The IMF is a tool of American Imperialism.

The IMF prevents devoloping nations from developing.

And you terll me how the United States will go without all of us to exploit. You tell me what happens when we cut you off. We will be fine. America with its 16 trillion dollar National Debt will not be fine.

And if America causes another GFC then that will be the last straw.

edit on 22-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'd be happy if Obama would actually have a budget passed. and a Balanced budget at that, just for starters.
I say, let it go over the cliff, we are there anyway. I could give a squat what the international community thinks.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So please explain how it is "Republicans fault". Members of congress from BOTH sides of the isle worked out an agreement a while ago and that was rejected by the president because it didn't include tax hikes on the rich. So in essence this could already have been solved had the president not chose ideology over compromise.

edit on 21-12-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

it always amazes me when republican politicians, screw over middle income and lower income republican voters, all in the name of protecting the tax breaks of the top 2% of the wealthest people in this country.
the republican politicians what to cut republicans social security benefits, their medicare benefits, their child care benefits, their unemployment benefits, their educational benefits, etc.......do the republicans voters realize these cuts WILL IMPACT THEM TOO???

Let me ask you a question. If you came home and found out your wife was overdrawing the bank account by 1,500 dollars a month would you:

A: Remove her from the account; or
B: Say to yourself.. "Damn, I better look for a second and third job, I've GOT to find a way to get this lady a lot more money!!!"

(I'm not a Republican, I'm a registered Independent.)

edit on 22-12-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

C , I would remove her from my life.

( I dont have a wife but I would ditch a girl for less than that. I also dont believe in monogamy/life partners/soul mates or any of that so maybe my answer is easier than if I was in love. )

And in my opinion, there are no solutions for America. This 'fiscal cliff' stuff is just the start of harsh austerity for America. This 'fiscal cliff' is just the start of the International Community telling America what it must do..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join