It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans make fools of themselves as the International Community loses patience with America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by spangledbanner

So please explain how it is "Republicans fault". Members of congress from BOTH sides of the isle worked out an agreement a while ago and that was rejected by the president because it didn't include tax hikes on the rich. So in essence this could already have been solved had the president not chose ideology over compromise.

edit on 21-12-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

it always amazes me when republican politicians, screw over middle income and lower income republican voters, all in the name of protecting the tax breaks of the top 2% of the wealthest people in this country.
the republican politicians what to cut republicans social security benefits, their medicare benefits, their child care benefits, their unemployment benefits, their educational benefits, etc.......do the republicans voters realize these cuts WILL IMPACT THEM TOO???

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by iwilliam

Great input.... its nice to know democraps cant say anything useful anymore... they are just down to making fun of republicans... its nice to know the Right is Right again.

really?....i thought name calling was against the T&C's...oh yeah...it only applies when the insults are directed at republican conservatives...must have slipped my mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If Obama gets his high tax on the wealthy, it will only bring in another 80 billion dollars per year.

The deficit spend that congress is looking at is 1.5 trillion dollars this year and most likely for the foreseeable future.

I think this impasse is just political theater that won't resolve anything if the Federal government cannot reduce it's spending.

I blame both parties for this mess. Neither side can give up spending money.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

well according to your doctrine.. the minority needs "special treatment" right???? You libs do it with race and religion all the time...

The Republicans are the minority, therefore the republicans can say whatever they want about the democrats... think about it

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
If Obama gets his high tax on the wealthy, it will only bring in another 80 billion dollars per year.

The deficit spend that congress is looking at is 1.5 trillion dollars this year and most likely for the foreseeable future.

I think this impasse is just political theater that won't resolve anything if the Federal government cannot reduce it's spending.

I blame both parties for this mess. Neither side can give up spending money.

Yes, with the extra "revenue" it will fund the government for 8.5 days. That's laughable.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I wish Obama didnt rub his 40-60 million dollar vacations in our faces every two weeks... or have hundreds of people working at the white house who do LITERALLY NOTHING...

or stop paying your dog walker 100K a year...

little things add up

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by HappyLIBERTARIAN

Oh oops I forgot about that... and the fact we owe china 50 cents for EVERY dollar we print... and the fact that milk and beef has gone up over 46% since Obama took office

but nawww we cant blame him or else were racist

We don't owe China 50 cents of every dollar printed. China has less than 10% of our debt and that % is dropping with every treasury auction. In fact the Fed and those acting on it's behalf of taking down the lion's share of every auction. So basically it will end up that we owe the Fed the money we owe. Once they have enough of it, it will be Jubilee time of sorts, at least in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

As of September 2012, China owned $1.155 trillion in U.S. Treasury bills, bonds and notes. This is 21.1% of the total $5.5 trillion of debt held by the public. China has cut back only slightly, from its peak holdings of $1.173 trillion held in July 2011.

Source

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So Republicans make fools of themselves eh?

Come hell or high water the taxes on the rich are being raised, from the same people who said the Bush tax cuts only benefited the so called rich.

Then turn around and fight to keep the middle class tax cuts bush gave them, then turned around and those same people are trying to give the executive branch the power to raise the debt ceiling limit whenever they want.

Remember now 2 credit down grades and spending is not being cut, taxes are being raise so they can spend more.

So republicans making fools of themselves?

Nope well Boehner and those who came up with "yeah tax the millioniares" which is what the Democrats wanted (Schummer) and then turned around and said nope.

Lot of fools all around on the fiscal tripe...........................................Merry Cliff Mas.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

wrong...obama moved the tax cut up to incomes above 400,000, not 250,000 that he campaigned on. also agreed to 800 billion in medicare cuts....he moved, the republicans didn't. there is no equivalency

I didn't say a thing about what Obama offered, didn't offer or conceded to in my main point here. That's all secondary to CONGRESS agreeing in BOTH houses. If the Senate AND House don't BOTH agree, what Obama would agree to or sign or veto is totally MOOT. It never gets to his desk in the first place if it hasn't cleared both sides of Congress in a joint bill.

So..... We have what I said. Reid coming back to talk to himself apparently. Boehner 'gone fishin' while we all sink..and Obama off to Hawaii when, again, what he COULD DO is call Congress back in, against their will and FORCE both Senate and House to either make that deal he can then either sign or veto.....or lose their whole Holiday season sitting there.

It's a small price for them to pay for what this is about to do to US....and the horrible part is, the partisan B.S. around this is SO DEEP, a good % of the nation is convinced this financial disaster isn't even real.

Well... It's going to feel VERY real in Jan. for scores of Americans who received those sequestration layoff notices and very well may be going through it for real now. Thanks Boehner, Thanks Reid and Thanks Obama. Happy New Year to all three of them....Few others will have a happy one due to their political games between each other.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

* Just to clarify... This isn't about whatever happened in politics in the weeks leading up to this. This is 30 years in the making and 12 years of hard pushing to bring us to this cliff.

This is about today. Dec 21, 2012. As of this moment, 2 things have caused what looks to be economic failure here on a rather epic scale, as it'll come to be felt (C.B.O. Projected spiked unemployment across 2013 with a second recession starting..yipee). #1. Speaker of the House Boehner left town with a job unfinished, pointed to the Dems and said "Blame them! I'l going home! Waaaa!". #2. President Obama let him leave.

It took one man to do it and one man to allow it. At this moment, that is the only factor that matters because it's the only one still within anyone's power to change and prevent this thing they created as a worst case scenario which was never supposed to actually happen.
(The can they've been kicking......has met the end of the road at the cliff edge)
edit on 21-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We are all fools for permitting ourselves to remain divided on issues which no matter what 'side' wins, our economic system will remain unsound.

edit on 21-12-2012 by prysmatyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

well according to your doctrine.. the minority needs "special treatment" right???? You libs do it with race and religion all the time...

The Republicans are the minority, therefore the republicans can say whatever they want about the democrats... think about it

"my doctrine"?...(shakes head),.....yeah, right...you really figured me out...please return to watching the FOX NEWS channel for your insightful and intuitive analysis of democrats

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I dont watch Fox news or any cable news for that matter... This is just what i've been witnessing... over the last few years

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by spangledbanner

So please explain how it is "Republicans fault". Members of congress from BOTH sides of the isle worked out an agreement a while ago and that was rejected by the president because it didn't include tax hikes on the rich. So in essence this could already have been solved had the president not chose ideology over compromise.

edit on 21-12-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

it always amazes me when republican politicians, screw over middle income and lower income republican voters, all in the name of protecting the tax breaks of the top 2% of the wealthest people in this country.
the republican politicians what to cut republicans social security benefits, their medicare benefits, their child care benefits, their unemployment benefits, their educational benefits, etc.......do the republicans voters realize these cuts WILL IMPACT THEM TOO???

I see you have been believing everything you have heard. While I do agree most of those programs need some kind of oversight because too many people abuse them I have never heard of anyone trying to do away with them. And as far as the top 2% goes.. Those people pay most of our bills.. Everyone is fixated on this one small group of people when in all actuality it is absolutely proven that taxing them will not help, it isnt enough money, it is just a nasty sounding battle cry the dems use.. Its meaningless, absolutely meaningless. All it will do is hurt business owners and people who actually sign our paychecks while not really helping the government at all. Look it up, do the math and stop spouting off about the crap you hear on CNN.. Taxing the top 2% will do nothing.. Its just something to rally the liberals and get them fired up.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I could say I was all in favor of obamacare and you would tell me how dumb I am just because I am a Republican. This isnt about what team is winning or losing and standing by your team. This is what is best for America and you cant honestly set there and tell me you think America is in great shape right now. We are in a sinking ship and there arent enough finger to plug the holes. Or a better analogy is that we have a captain that has no intention of plugging the holes. And if you try to tell me that this country is in great shape you sir are a liar.

edit on 21-12-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I wish Obama didnt rub his 40-60 million dollar vacations in our faces every two weeks... or have hundreds of people working at the white house who do LITERALLY NOTHING...

little things add up

Ohh.. He can appoint another "Czar" making a 100k to look into that problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

little things add up

You know, as someone who has no love for Obama.... I don't fault him his time away. In fact, he's getting to be much like Bush in that I'm looking forward to his vacations. It means nothing really bad is likely to happen for at least a week or so.....the tempest is off somewhere else for that long, anyway. I'd happily give him all the vacations, White House celeb tabloid parties and dead end staffers doing nothing but staffing for the sake of it, if he do just one thing for us.

Get this budget deficit under control and not push it further OUT of control. Between Qe-3 and the last announcement of "Operation Twist" we now have added just over 900 billion to the budget deficit...SINCE SEPTEMBER. Does no one else even notice that QE-3 was never even given a little time to work? .

Last year ran around a trillion again, BEFORE THAT. So now, if one takes the numbers as media has been presenting them, we're looking at a staggering....mind numbing... 2 TRILLION OR MORE in DEFICIT...

He can spend all the millions he wants if he'll stop and address the trillions the nightmare has become. His dog walker sure didn't do this but it's how you spell END for an 'empire' on the fast track down.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

little things add up

You know, as someone who has no love for Obama.... I don't fault him his time away. In fact, he's getting to be much like Bush in that I'm looking forward to his vacations. It means nothing really bad is likely to happen for at least a week or so.....the tempest is off somewhere else for that long, anyway. I'd happily give him all the vacations, White House celeb tabloid parties and dead end staffers doing nothing but staffing for the sake of it, if he do just one thing for us.

Get this budget deficit under control and not push it further OUT of control. Between Qe-3 and the last announcement of "Operation Twist" we now have added just over 900 billion to the budget deficit...SINCE SEPTEMBER. Does no one else even notice that QE-3 was never even given a little time to work? .

Last year ran around a trillion again, BEFORE THAT. So now, if one takes the numbers as media has been presenting them, we're looking at a staggering....mind numbing... 2 TRILLION OR MORE in DEFICIT...

He can spend all the millions he wants if he'll stop and address the trillions the nightmare has become. His dog walker sure didn't do this but it's how you spell END for an 'empire' on the fast track down.

Economist John Williams thinks the economy is in worse shape than most people think. In 2013, Williams predicts, “As this goes forward, you’re going to see we’re going to be in a new recession.” The Federal Reserve announced last week it is now printing a total of $85 billion every month to reduce unemployment and stimulate the economy. Williams says, “That’s nonsense. . . . There’s nothing they can do to stimulate the economy.” Williams has long contended the Fed is really just using the weak economy to continue to prop up the banking system. Williams says, “If the Fed wasn’t doing what it’s doing . . . I’d presume you’d be on the road to a banking system collapse. The banking system is still in trouble.” Williams warns the “open-ended” printing of $85 billion a month “. . . will be part of what will eventually become hyperinflation.” And if there is no deal on the so-called “fiscal cliff,” then Williams expects “heavy selling pressure on the U.S. dollar.”

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Right, we're all jealous. Because it's not like the US is the only major nation to be experiencing an economic collapse this massive because of your deeply flawed system. No, the rest of the world want to manipulate you because you're a cornerstone of the global economy, and by refusing to deal with your own problems, you're happily screwing the rest of the world. So the world's given you an ultimatum, either fix yourselves or we're just going to ignore you, and I say it's about time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join