It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans make fools of themselves as the International Community loses patience with America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by TheTardis

My way or the highway?

First of all, the Republican house voted down Boner's plan B.

Secondly, our president ran on this idea and won in an overwhelming fashion. Now these government officials job is to represent the American people. A vastg majority want the President's plan.

Lastly, the "My way or the highway" you're referring to, is the way the Teapublicans do things. This is why Plan B was voted down! By your own party. It is the GOP being obstructionist on this issue. No ifs ands or buts at all. No debate about it at all. The people all know. Just not Limbaugh listeners.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh I like this.. First off I dont listen to Rush.. Your welcome.. Thank you for assuming.. And Overwhelming fashion? Have you seen a map before? Geographically he won very little of this country and represents very little of this country. And I promise you that half of the people that did vote for him have no idea why they did and the ohter half voted for him because of his skin tone.. Dont care what you think about that statement, its the truth and you know it. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. In the mean time the deficit is growing and we are sending more and more money overseas. Wasn't the big complaint about Romney that he went jobs overseas? Is it better to just hand them money? Or is is better to just ignore those facts and blindly follow this guy and believe everything the liberal media says? People really need to start opening their eyes..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Thats true Geologically speaking Reublicans own more ground during that last election.... the rigged electoral college helped with that

the problem I see is I posted an amazing article and the kool aid drinkers just shove it off... EVEN THOUGH ITS BY A HIGHLY RESPECTED FINANCIAL INSTITUTION

im losing my patients here LOL!
edit on 21-12-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just a question here.

Basically if they don't pass something now then everyone gets a tax rate increase? Why wouldn't all politicians want that?

They can each stand their ground and blame the other party and in the end both parties will watch more income roll in starting in January. Sounds brilliant

And just to be clear on what is called a "cut in spending". That isn't what is getting ironed out. It's cutting the growth in spending. So basically America spends more than it can afford and project a growth in spending every year. So we are just trying to get the growth in spending down by a tiny percentage point. We still spend way more than we can but at least we can fight over how quickly we dig out hole.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner
Wow, I just came across this too. It seems that the International Community is upset about America unfairly influencing the IMF. A report shows that this is indeed the case.
www.ipsnews.net...

It just seems to go against the grain to see all these countries telling America what to do these days. Look at the second ammendment for example. It seems as though the International Community isnt shy at all about giving advice to America.

The findings, which were publicised in an unusually narrow report on Wednesday but follow months of discussion, are seen as a victory for a bloc of “middle income” developing countries, particularly China,

That system has been upended in the aftermath of the 2008-09 financial meltdown, however, and some key IMF tenets have increasingly been called into question, particularly by fast-rising economies such as Brazil, China, India and others.

www.ipsnews.net...

China and friends win another victory over America. It just seems weird. I guess things change.

Why do we care what all these other countries think? You know why? Because we give them so much money and they want to bend us to their will. They very much supported us electing Obama.. They want someone that they can manipulate.. We have never needed nor cared for everyone's approval before so why now? This isnt a popularity contest. This is a fight for our lives and we are losing.. Pull your head out.. I could give two #s what other countries think about how we handle our affairs. We have bigger problems right here at home. We need to stop spending money like there is no tomorrow and start getting our government rained in before it is too late for the american people to have a say in their own government.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is obvious neither party wishes to do much for the benefit of the people, that we are in debt beyond reasonable comprehension, that the federal reserve is a predatory institution wishing to keep us indebted to them, that our political representatives are including 'pork' into whatever budgetary compromise they plan to announce...this list could go one almost indefinitely.

What the hell can we do about it? We attempt to effect change by elections, petitions etc..., but no one we address listens, those elected either do as they want anyway or as they are told.

Forgive my negativity here, but I really believe it will all come crashing down around them sooner than later, and the people will be the ones who suffer the most. I'm just sick of watching us be divided.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by occy30

maybe because Obama has already raised taxes so much in the last four years that the median income for every household has dropped, we have the highest unemployment since the great depression and an exodus of top income earners due to government intrusion....

those are a few reasons....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by occy30
Just a question here.

Basically if they don't pass something now then everyone gets a tax rate increase? Why wouldn't all politicians want that?

They can each stand their ground and blame the other party and in the end both parties will watch more income roll in starting in January. Sounds brilliant

And just to be clear on what is called a "cut in spending". That isn't what is getting ironed out. It's cutting the growth in spending. So basically America spends more than it can afford and project a growth in spending every year. So we are just trying to get the growth in spending down by a tiny percentage point. We still spend way more than we can but at least we can fight over how quickly we dig out hole.

They will get it ironed out.. But its a matter of how and who gets to pay for it. I promise you the Dems what us all to pay for it and the people paying our paychecks to pay the most which is going to put more people out of work. There will be a compromise somewhere and I am pretty confident of that. Its just a matter of who is going to bend and who is going to suffer but this really isnt the issue.. Its more about what is getting thrown in to sweeten the pot and how much that will cost us as well. Thats the bigger issue here that no one hears about.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While everyone is so busy scapegoating the Republicans as if they thought this nightmare up all by themselves or something, Obama sure is enjoying his free pass again. I swear he could shoot someone in the Rose Garden for the World Press Corps to record live and there would be reasons within the hour that we should feel bad for him and not the poor SOB he shot ...how it shouldn't matter and everyone deserves another chance.

If this Cliff happens..TWO men and ONLY TWO MEN ..not parties..MEN are responsible at this point. Boehner (who damn well ought to lose his Speakership and OFFICE for dereliction of duty if nothing else) and Obama.

While Obama almost seems to smile as he watches Boehner be an ass and leave the nation to fall off the cliff.....He's happily ignoring the power HE HAS to end this nonsense right now, right here and without delay. He COULD...if he CHOSE to. He CHOOSES not to.

What power? The President is vested with the power, as part of the check and balances of our Government, to force Congress into special session at HIS command...for pretty much any reason he might feel they look cute sitting there against their will. House AND Senate. He could have them there on Christmas DAY exchanging cards on the Floor of both Houses if he chose to. He CHOOSES not to.

So Boehner is happy to leave us all to rot and go on HIS vacation. Obama is content to leave us all rot and will go on HIS vacation. Reid must have nothing better to do, since he seems to be alone in coming back and that makes as much sense as Boehner and his stupid Plan B going the other direction to a Senate that wouldn't even hear the bill.

It's taken *BOTH* Sides to destroy a once fine, proud and great nation. People who hold one side above the other are coming to make me sick....because that whole attitude is what makes it possible for BOTH sides to screw us to the wall, then send us a bill for the material used to do it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
I like how this is all the republicans fault though when you have a president basically saying its my way or the highway and refuses to even talk about options. He would rather take start taxing the crap out of people rather than maybe just stop spending so much money. Hey but at least were helping China with their green energy projects. Dont be so naive to think this is just a problem with those pesky republicans.. Why are people so un willing to open their eyes and realize that the guy sitting in the oval office is the biggest problem this country has ever seen.

peoples eyes are open, that's why obama won a 2nd term and democrats picked up seats in both houses. the proposed plan "B" actually had millionaires getting a BIGGER TAX BREAK!

democrats.senate.gov...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by occy30

maybe because Obama has already raised taxes so much in the last four years that the median income for every household has dropped, we have the highest unemployment since the great depression and an exodus of top income earners due to government intrusion....

those are a few reasons....

Not to mention the hyperinflation that is going to come from printing all of this money and keeping interest rates low on purpose. It's all just to prop up the banks that are "too big to fail". We are all being scammed soooooo bad.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

damn,

YOU sir, spoke like a boss......
----------------------

side note,

I will say this, THE LAST THING we need is to start pointing fingers at each other over partisan BS. Really if that is all we can do, WE then dont deserve a democracy.

I just had this conversation with someone today about another country and another administration. Please dont make me think it of us.

Either we work together or we are dumb asses that deserve what we get.

edit on 21-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyLIBERTARIAN

Oh oops I forgot about that... and the fact we owe china 21 cents for EVERY dollar we print... and the fact that milk and beef has gone up over 46% since Obama took office

but nawww we cant blame him or else were racist
edit on 21-12-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's not just a republican problem when a democratic president can't get a democratic congress to vote his way. There's some problems there.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh other facts in recent history

NO ONE voted for Obama's budget... NO ONE, not one congress member or senate member... I dont even think Obama voted for his own budget....

Also, lets not forget Obama had a super majority for the first two years of his term and instead of fixing the economy he shoved obama death panel care down our throats

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by TheTardis
I like how this is all the republicans fault though when you have a president basically saying its my way or the highway and refuses to even talk about options. He would rather take start taxing the crap out of people rather than maybe just stop spending so much money. Hey but at least were helping China with their green energy projects. Dont be so naive to think this is just a problem with those pesky republicans.. Why are people so un willing to open their eyes and realize that the guy sitting in the oval office is the biggest problem this country has ever seen.

peoples eyes are open, that's why obama won a 2nd term and democrats picked up seats in both houses. the proposed plan "B" actually had millionaires getting a BIGGER TAX BREAK!

democrats.senate.gov...

What was the reason you and your friends voted for Obama? I'm just curious? I'm not trying to start a fight, I just want to hear it first hand from someone who actually voted for him. Does spending almost 6 trillion in his first four years frighten you as to what our country could look like when nobody wants to lend us any money becasue we can't afford the interest on the money we are borrowing?

link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

So please explain how it is "Republicans fault". Members of congress from BOTH sides of the isle worked out an agreement a while ago and that was rejected by the president because it didn't include tax hikes on the rich. So in essence this could already have been solved had the president not chose ideology over compromise.

edit on 21-12-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Oh other facts in recent history

NO ONE voted for Obama's budget... NO ONE, not one congress member or senate member... I dont even think Obama voted for his own budget....

Also, lets not forget Obama had a super majority for the first two years of his term and instead of fixing the economy he shoved obama death panel care down our throats

Obama has NEVER submitted a budget to congress for approval. Not once.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Idahomie

heres the article on the senate vote

obama budget defeated 99-0

President Obama's budget suffered a second embarrassing defeat Wednesday, when senators voted 99-0 to reject it. Coupled with the House's rejection in March, 414-0, that means Mr. Obama's budget has failed to win a single vote in support this year. Republicans forced the vote by offering the president's plan on the Senate floor.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

wrong...obama moved the tax cut up to incomes above 400,000, not 250,000 that he campaigned on. also agreed to 800 billion in medicare cuts....he moved, the republicans didn't. there is no equivalency

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"Republicans make fools of themselves as the International Community loses patience with America."

Is this a headline? I thought this was business-as-usual for nearly as far back as I can remember.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join