It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans make fools of themselves as the International Community loses patience with America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Was just reading this on CNN Money. It seems that the International Community is calling for America to hurry up and sort its whole 'Fiscal Cliff' mess out. People around the world seem worried that America will cause another GFC.

Washington is winding down for the holidays without a plan to prevent New Year tax increases and spending cuts that could send the U.S. into recession.

The world is starting to lose patients with Americas politicians. Its looking like America may cause another GFC.

World markets reacted accordingly on Friday. Stocks fell, the euro was weaker and oil prices were off as investors sought safe haven assets such as the dollar and gold and took some profits after recent gains fueled in part by hopes of a deal between President Obama and Congress.
But the failure of House Speaker John Boehner to muster enough support among his Republican members for a "Plan B", including tax hikes for those earning over $1 million a year, was linked by financial market players to the doomsday Mayan prophesy that the world would end on Friday.

If America causes another GFC then the world may as well have ended. The International Community is not pleased with the fact that the American politicians are messing around instead of getting on with the job.

Japanese bank Nomura said the probability of a deal before January had fallen but it still saw a 50:50 chance, provided Obama and Boehner get back to the negotiating table quickly. Without agreement, it predicted a "strong negative market reaction" well into January.

"The world hasn't ended but hopes for a deal to avert the U.S. fiscal cliff before the year-end certainly have," said ETX Capital strategist Ishaq Siddiqi in London. "We could get an 11th hour deal, but it seems unlikely now with markets expecting U.S. lawmakers to address the issue in January."

"America's government chose not to govern yesterday," wrote U.S. historian Tim Stanley in a commentary published by British newspaper the Daily Telegraph. "Aside from being very bad news for America's economy, this is a disaster for Republicans."

Germany's Die Welt newspaper said Boehner emerged the most damaged from Thursday's debacle but said it contained hidden dangers for Obama. "A Pyrrhic victory for President Obama, a serious embarrassment for the Republican John Boehner and new uncertainty for all Americans about whether the dive off the fiscal cliff can even be avoided: this is the dismal end result of the failure of Boehner's Plan B," the paper wrote.

money.cnn.com...

The International Community can be pretty cutting really. People around the world want America to stop messing around and get their economy in order.

I really hope they do reach a last minute deal so Americans can at least have a happy xmas without worrying about what the impact from the fiscal cliff will be for the average American in 2013. If the Fiscal Cliff is not avoided then it could be disaster for the American economy and average Americans.

I hope the American Politicians take the International Communities advice and get on with it.

edit on 21-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

edit- I have to fix my spelling. Was it just patients?
Thanks for the heads up

edit- oh my god that took a while. I was looking in the OP, not the headline.

edit on 21-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: spelling

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I like how this is all the republicans fault though when you have a president basically saying its my way or the highway and refuses to even talk about options. He would rather take start taxing the crap out of people rather than maybe just stop spending so much money. Hey but at least were helping China with their green energy projects. Dont be so naive to think this is just a problem with those pesky republicans.. Why are people so un willing to open their eyes and realize that the guy sitting in the oval office is the biggest problem this country has ever seen.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

So it is just the Republicans fault aye? Obviously you are buying into the "political theater" and the fact that both parties have no intentions of setting things right in this country!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
I like how this is all the republicans fault though when you have a president basically saying its my way or the highway and refuses to even talk about options. He would rather take start taxing the crap out of people rather than maybe just stop spending so much money. Hey but at least were helping China with their green energy projects. Dont be so naive to think this is just a problem with those pesky republicans.. Why are people so un willing to open their eyes and realize that the guy sitting in the oval office is the biggest problem this country has ever seen.

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see most of the frustration from around the world is directed at Boehner. The International Community seem to support Obama and high taxes on the wealthy Americans.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheTardis

My way or the highway?

First of all, the Republican house voted down Boner's plan B.

Secondly, our president ran on this idea and won in an overwhelming fashion. Now these government officials job is to represent the American people. A vastg majority want the President's plan.

Lastly, the "My way or the highway" you're referring to, is the way the Teapublicans do things. This is why Plan B was voted down! By your own party. It is the GOP being obstructionist on this issue. No ifs ands or buts at all. No debate about it at all. The people all know. Just not Limbaugh listeners.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

edit on 21-12-2012 by DrNotforhire because: double post all the way across the sky

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is an article titled "New Study Confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policy" article

I will quote

"A new study from the widely respected National Bureau of Economic Research released this week has confirmed beyond question that the left's race-baiting attacks on the housing market (the Community Reinvestment Act--enacted under Carter, made shockingly more aggressive under Clinton) is directly responsible for imploding the housing market and destroying the economy."

BOOM

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
the fiscal cliff story was made up to derail the real financial overhaul that's ready and waiting to be implemented.

don't buy into it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by DrNotforhire

I can tell you that the GOP is solely responsible for the innovation of the Wonder Bra. Complete w/ a partisan link and all. That still doesn't make it true.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Yes keep it up with the blinders

thats what they want..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is outrageous. Those mean republicans had better get their act together and find where they misplaced these patients. I know if one of my family was "lost" while a patient, I would be VERY angry.

link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

So it is just the Republicans fault aye? Obviously you are buying into the "political theater" and the fact that both parties have no intentions of setting things right in this country!

Derision and division. That's what the two party system is all about. But in the end, the country is headed in the direction they want it to go. Into the sewer.

BTW OP. How many "patients" were lost?
edit on 12/21/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   

Was this a meeting of Republican General Practitioners?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh PATIENCE, not PATIENTS, makes more sense now. But sorry, you are still wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I guess these patients werent patient about being patient

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It is our whole political system that is to blame. The reason for this mess is the pork barrel spending, money used to acquire votes for congress and the parties. Wasting money is not wise, stimulating the economy when it is not needed is stupid. Now that we have a problem with the economy our country is far in debt.

There is no other option than to start paying these bills off now. People don't understand where this money went. It did not go to helping the needy, the majority of it went to businesses over a long period of time to do projects that were not really needed. A lot of it also went creating paperwork and computer software so everything could keep up with the times. Every government agency puts it on computer and then backs it up on paper. Get rid of the billions of dollars spent every year for this new and full of flaws software and go back to simple software that everyone can use without all the retraining. This is changing of software is a way to bury deceit, not uncover it.

The money is gone, wasted. creating money to tear buildings down that are blights is expensive. What is wrong with patching these homes up for the poor instead of building them new ones or paying big corporations overpriced rent subsidies for the rent. Let the little guy make some money by his investments instead, renting out their parents old house. What a mess we have created and they want to make it worse not better.

Like I said the money for these wastefull socialite projects has got to stop. Socialites are people who bilk government money to unevenly stimulate their economy in the area. We can't fight city hall but these people aren't city hall, they influence city hall to go into debt to make things look nice and appealing on the outside. This way they attract more of their kind to the area. Am I paranoid, not the least. I know many of these kind of people. They don't realize what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I can tell you that the GOP is solely responsible for the innovation of the Wonder Bra. Complete w/ a partisan link and all. That still doesn't make it true.

What's your beef with the wonder bra? I like to see puppies standing at attention not droopy and sad looking.

Facts are facts, don't be upset when they don't fit into your political perspective.

This whole fiscal cliff is BS from both sides of the isle. This could have been put to rest long before it became an issue. They are pushing it to the deadline to put things in it that are unfavorable and have everyone rejoicing for the fact that it was averted when it happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Wonderbra may have been invented in the USA by Israel Pilot in the '30s, but Canada's Moe Nadler built the brand name.
Those darned Canadian Republicans.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The Government spends entirely too much money on programs that should be eliminated. We have over 220 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities like S.S., Medicare, and Medicaid. If you think for a minute that Obama doesn’t want taxes to go up on everyone who actually pays them, you are sadly mistaken. He will get his huge cuts to the military and taxes increased on everyone so they can keep spending over 3 trillion a year on overgrown Government! Wake up people. The fed announced that they are going to be printing 85 billion a month with even more stimulus, even though the last 3 or 4 haven't helped matters. "Those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready (uncontrollable laughter ensues)." If we don’t get spending under control, we are in trouble. We borrow .46 cents on the dollar from the federal reserve, so basically all of the taxes are going to pay back interest, and that is why the debt never gets paid down. Stop listening to these people. Neither party cares for you!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow, I just came across this too. It seems that the International Community is upset about America unfairly influencing the IMF. A report shows that this is indeed the case.
www.ipsnews.net...

It just seems to go against the grain to see all these countries telling America what to do these days. Look at the second ammendment for example. It seems as though the International Community isnt shy at all about giving advice to America.

The findings, which were publicised in an unusually narrow report on Wednesday but follow months of discussion, are seen as a victory for a bloc of “middle income” developing countries, particularly China,

That system has been upended in the aftermath of the 2008-09 financial meltdown, however, and some key IMF tenets have increasingly been called into question, particularly by fast-rising economies such as Brazil, China, India and others.

www.ipsnews.net...

China and friends win another victory over America. It just seems weird. I guess things change.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join