It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we need an armed citizenry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
When all governments, worldwide, affirm that all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When all governments, worldwide, lay down their weapons and no longer use force and manipulation to ensure their rule over the people they are supposed to protect and serve;

When all governments, worldwide, lay down their weapons and no longer feel it is necessary to try to impose their rule upon another government, or the people in another territory;

When religious leaders no longer call for the forceful conversion of non-believers.

When the criminal elements within the population of the world no longer threaten peaceful people and/or the resources thereof;

Then, and only then, will I relinquish my ability to defend myself from them.

I will however, retain my ability to defend myself and my property from wild predatory animals and my ability to hunt for food.

I do not fear the criminal element in society, because I have the ability to defend myself from them.
I do not fear wild animals, also because I have the ability to defend myself from them.

It is the governments of this world that are my greatest concern, because they have no respect for the common people and no incentive to listen to them. I say this in the full realization that many of the governments of this world, even the United Nations, seem to feel that the people of this world are only here to serve them, not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

In reply I submit this:
www.fox19.com...

Additionally

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

defending is a reason, nothing against that, but what your video link is saying... there was an lunatic shooting people,
and now you want to arm all other lunatics???

I'm glad there is as ocean between us

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

There is the difference, your government is sovereign over you, my government was never meant to be sovereign over the people of this country.

Like I said when the governments of the world lay down their weapons, I will.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by KrzYma

In reply I submit this:
www.fox19.com...

Additionally

Thank you for posting this... more people need to see this video.... and the argument= "if guns were banned the shooter wouldn't have had one" is by far the best reason to NOT ban guns, because this argument alone shows the person supporting has no idea how crime in general works. PROHIBITION only stops law abiding citizens...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

and who is "the government"? it is not somebody stood up yesterday and said "now I am", it grow into this form since human exist. Those are people in power, not with superpowers but in a position where they are protected by the police, if people like you try to take they power away. Then they are protected by military, if more like you try to take they power. They protected by other nations in case the police and military are on your side... look at Syria for example.
You want to protect yourself from the police? good luck, you are dead!

The sad thing is, most nobody in a country actually cares WHO is in power as long as they can live a quiet life.
So how will your gun protect you?
What you are talking about is giving every moron in the country a gun, to do what?? protect you from the government?? You are no threat to them, and guns even less. they fight with other weapons dude.

Try to stand up and you end up in jail... oh well... you can protect yourself from that, with your gun to your head, pooling the trigger...

You are a citizen, they own you !!! Face it and live with it, otherwise you are a terrorist man !

listen to this guy.. and if you like to know why a comedian can tell the real truth... do some research please

edit on 21-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Terrible story, my heart goes out to that lady.

But I have to ask 2 questions once again.
1) where did he get the weapons?
2) why dont other civilised nations have these things happening with anywhere near the regularity the US does?

The only thing I can come up with is the easy access to guns and the fact that in your society there is no Taboo with using them.

As long as guns are easily available and in every 3rd house for the taking you will continue to have a ridiculously high amount of these tragedies.

As for the 2nd Amendment I personally think its outdated. It was written in a time when it was necessary to have everyone armed as the states had no standing army. Today no one is going to invade you and even if they did or the gov tries to round you all up any armed resistance will be slaughtered.

In my opinion the only legitimate reason to own a gun is for food hunting.

But as many people point out Im not a US citizen so my opinion isnt valid anyway.

Interesting and well thought out thread

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

top topics

join