It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday is over.......Well not so fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Today Boehner's "Plan B" to avoid the fiscal cliff collapsed.....meaning there is no solution in place to avoid us from falling off the "cliff" Anybody else thinking that this "Fiscal Cliff" that the the US is facing could be the catalyst that drives in the "New Era".

rt.com...

The looming ‘fiscal cliff’ in the United States is the biggest threat to the world economy and can cost the country its AAA sovereign rating, according to the Fitch ratings agency.

www.usatoday.com... 2012/12/21/boehner-fiscal-cliff-news-conference/1784169/

2 scenarios

This could be the time where people could pin point when:

(1) the US regained solvency by Democrat and Republican bipartisanship. It ushered in a new era of politics and restored the US and the world economy. It brought about great advancement in medicine, space exploration, and civil rights. They did what was right at the end of 2012 and brought us into the tier of civilization.

or

(2) the US kept "playing poltics" on it's last chance to keep the world economy from collapsing. Instead of keeping the "people's" best interests in minds, they only thought about self-preservation, special interests and lobbyist. The US fiscal rating was downgraded several times eventually leading to the collapse of the dollar and ultimately the world economy. Ushering in a completely new way of the life for not only America but also the world. They had there chance at then end of 2012 and failed the world.....

The way it is looking scenario 2 seems more likely.

news.yahoo.com... fiscal-cliff-mess-044855640--business.html

For the time being - or at least the 11 days until the automatic tax hikes and spending cuts are triggered - the House is in disarray and no deal to avert the fiscal cliff is in sight.

Maybe this prophecy is not so off after all. These are just some things that are running through my mind.......

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They'll sign a bill on Christmas Day to avert disaster.

The bill will include the ability for the President to suspend human rights and 50 billion in new discretionary spending by the President and no one will question it. The press will herald crisis averted!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
will going over this so-called "fiscal clift" be that bad??...we would be going back to clinton era taxation, the military would have to actually cut back on their spending, middle class would have to pay alittle more, but the wealthy are the ones that will take the brunt of it...and who is complaining the loudest?
after a brief stock market plunge, at least the world markets would stabilize knowing that america did something to insure it's solvancy, by putting restraints on it's deficit and insuring that america can pay it's bills. after a few months, the price of gold would go down, as well as the price of fuel, our dollar would strenghten, giving more buying power to the poor and the middle class. it's my own personal theory, but i'm not naive enough to know, that there are alot of wealthy and powerful people that would benefit from it failing..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The "fiscal cliff" is just political theater. I don't believe for one second that there is a looming crisis that they are trying to solve in a bipartisan manner.

It's staged so that we accept a "solution", right around the holidays when most people aren't paying attention....but the end result has already been determined. Higher taxes, spending cuts, and leaving the real problem untouched. Nobody wants to look at the federal reserve as the real culprit in this.

It's just another stepping stone on the path to complete financial collapse. Don't fall for the dog-and-pony show.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
it's all just about the the GOP wanting to save face... boehner is viewed as very weak and so it's all about trying to save their image... they don't care about us, they care about getting back into the white house.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, yes it would.
We make well below $60,000 per year....and to have my taxes go up THAT much would but a dent in our lifestyle.
If taxes were ever THAT high...I don't remember it...and everything else has increased in the last twenty years. My utilities alone have gone up tremendously....never mind food.

It will be the death knell on the middle class.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

awe come on the fed are a great bunch of guys.

i think we're collectively screwed at the moment, in all seriousness.

our current socioeconomic situation is going critical-mass very soon and i don't think it's going to go smoothly either. when enough people realize how we have been lied to and taken advantage of, the gloves will come off.

if you want a real Niburu just look at the elite, they're gonna rock our world right back into the stone age.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, yes it would.
We make well below $60,000 per year....and to have my taxes go up THAT much would but a dent in our lifestyle.
If taxes were ever THAT high...I don't remember it...and everything else has increased in the last twenty years. My utilities alone have gone up tremendously....never mind food.

ah don't worry the BLS doesn't figure utilities and food as being part of the inflation figures so you'll be fine.

what we have, my fellow humans, is austerity unmentioned and so not real in the minds of wall street and the MSM. if they don't say it's real, well obviously it isn't real.

i call for everyone to go into your own business and open a damn bank, if we are all bankers, then we can play the game as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, yes it would.

Im not a youngin'... and taxes were somewhat higher, but like you said.. utilities, food, gas, clothing, medications, etc were NEVER this high. We make together about twice what you make and have had to seriously adjust our lifestyle within this last 5-7 yrs. One huge reason was our daughters liver transplant, but these days youre squeezed at State and county levels.. as well as city/district levels.. along with federal level.
The folks in Washington dont know what theyre talking about for the average middle class family.The local taxes that nickle and dime you to death... example : we had a "wheel tax"... 45 bucks a car every yr as I recall... for a sticker on your car. If it wasnt displayed, a cop woudl pull you over, you got a ticket and had to get a sticker. Its all about revenue... even our constitutional road blocks erm.. I mean safety checks. Revenue, revenue, revenue.... rights and law be damned. This last wheel tax? It was also our **3rd** road maintenance tax. Who cares if thats excessive taxation, right? We SHOULD have roads paved, but all it got was a few filled potholes and the road to the mayors house is paved. I live 2 streets over from the Mayor.. my street is not paved but we do get the obligatory shovel of lukewarm asphalt on special occasions. We have special TIF districts and different taxes on purchases in different parts of town. I could go on.. but it seems like the politicians looking at this cliff have NO idea what its actually like to be middle class in the USA or the nickle and diming from hell we all experience. For me in this area, the most shocking skyrocketing has been energy and food.

IMO, we are already over the cliff.. just havent noticed yet. The idea that a few spending cuts, sequestration, and some taxes can mitigate what we are dealing with right now.. I find that insulting due to it being such a blatant lie.

Some of you folks here can make it a partisan issue, well your party is NOT going to save you or arrive to save the country like a knight in shining armor. This is just more dog and pony from Washington.. theyre ALL playing the game from BOTH sides of the aisle.

top topics

join