It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got plenty of AR15 magazines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If not, it may be too late.

I was trying to buy a few more today, and every retailer seems to be out of stock. Anybody know any retailers that still have stock for reasonably priced 30-round AR15 magazines?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Keep an eye on www.botachtactical.net they have been posting some here and there. I think they are rationing their stock on hand to keep customers happy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Right now the market is super-freaking-heated in terms of AR15s and magazines for them, Brownells sold a 3.5 year supply in 36 hours, expect a serious backorder through pretty much any online vendor and most stores will be gouging prices like crazy in an attempt to get rich off the panic.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
They have the 48rd lancer mags available still for $49.95. If you want any I would grab them fast before they are gone.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 12/21/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yup, i've got about thirty of them stored away that I have had since I was in the military. Oh how I would love to hold stock in any of the companies making things like this right about now. All the local shop owners are getting rich as we speak.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Panic buying, just like in 2008.

The market will be screwed for a long time. There are idiots trying to make big profits off of suckers by selling stripped AR15 lower receivers for $350, plain AR15s for $2000, and single 30 round magazines for $50.

Every time there's talk of a ban, the government successfully drives the sales of AR15 stuff through the roof.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Word is a major Magpul distributor has shipped 84,000 units this week and lots of other retailers are expecting double stock in January.

I wouldnt worry too much yet.

CTD is selling guns again.
Walmart is still selling EBR's.

The only reason it looks like there is a mag shortage right now is because massive panic buying wiped out what was on the shelves.

In a couple of weeks the shelves will be restocked and a bunch of credit card bills will come due and Biden's little rat pack still wont have any workable suggestions.

If something passed the Senate then start freaking out.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ya ive got around 25 30round mags and 2 100 round beta clips. My buddy bought an AR yesterday but the guy who sold it to him, had No mags for him. So I sold him 4 of mine.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think your pretty right on.
I got a gun show coming round
my nape of the grape in a week

can't wait to see what they have available

gonna try for an evil black rifle
if the prices aren't ridicules ...

just want to add 1 to the collection
never bothered with'em before
never liked the round they fired

my buddy tells me
the beta mags
will be worth their weight in gold
if there is a ban

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

my buddy tells me
the beta mags
if there is a ban

During the last ban they shot up to $400 and $500 a piece.

I've gotten my hands on a few of the Surefire 100's and 60's. Not because of ban fears or anything. I ordered them a very long time ago.

Surefire has their 60's in stock though at a premium. $130/each. If you can find them at another retailer they're about $90. that's if you can find them.

There are a couple of AR's on Armslist here that are reasonably priced but the sellers keep refusing to sell. I think they're hoping for some sort of bidding war or something. More power to them. It's a free market after all. Well, sort of.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by spoonbender

my buddy tells me
the beta mags
if there is a ban

During the last ban they shot up to $400 and $500 a piece.

I've gotten my hands on a few of the Surefire 100's and 60's. Not because of ban fears or anything. I ordered them a very long time ago.

Surefire has their 60's in stock though at a premium. $130/each. If you can find them at another retailer they're about $90. that's if you can find them.

There are a couple of AR's on Armslist here that are reasonably priced but the sellers keep refusing to sell. I think they're hoping for some sort of bidding war or something. More power to them. It's a free market after all. Well, sort of.

For anyone interested, here is the link to the 60 rd. clip. The 100's are on backorder:

LINK
edit on 21-12-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join