It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea arrests American citizen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
How do we know he wasn't on a recon mission?

I'll reserve judgement until more details are available.

Recon?

More likely involved in direct action -- organizing networks, delivering intelligence & supplies. Stuxnet anyone?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

It definitely seems plausible. It does appear now that the tourist with the disk that had sensitive information or Bae himself were directly involved and not simply just doing a recon mission. However, who knows what is on that disk, as that has not been and most likely will not be disclosed to the general pubic.

Stuxnet is a possibility for sure out of many. I know Stuxnet supposedly originated from Israel and that the US has been involved as well, so it would not be shocking to see an American spy/agent being caught with it in a country, such as North Korea. Especially after the rocket launch last week and the terrible relations between America and North Korea, it does seem plausible that America would want to utilize Stuxnet to spy and subvert North Korea's industrial systems.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There might be more to the story than we are told.

The Euna Lee and Laura Ling arrest in NK was first characterized like they did nothing wrong. Then it was found out they were walking across the ice on the river to the other side to "experience" what being on the other side was like, for a story no doubt.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Americans are quite lucky that other countries don't make up some name to call them, kidnap them, then throw them into some craphole 3rd world country prison to rot until whenever. Like the US government does with "enemy combatants".

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm honestly very much wanting to go to North Korea; it's the world's most enclosed country..... I would find it to be very interesting and I do plan on going there someday

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
North Korea is evil, or rather the elite that is in power is. Dont forget this is a country which has death camps on a par with the Nazis and Stalin's gulags. Millions have died. I too would want to know what the evil scumbags in power are up to. I think spying and keeping tabs on this country is totally justified. Bumping off the evil scumbags and freeing North Korea would be even better.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We are going to see a lot more of the wrongs of North Korea for the next couple or three months. Someone told me they're planning the bombing of North Korea between march and June.

I'm worried.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Makes me think about all those times the U.S have arrested "terrorists" and hold them for years, only to discover their innocence. Hmm..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
emam-mahdi-1431.blogfa.com...

The year 1999(-2013), seventh month, )From the sky will come a great King of Terror. To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols, Before and after Mars to reign by good luck 2013& 1999:. Both have numbers Masonic holy

edit on 2-1-2013 by zanbaq7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does......

So tired of hearing these stories about "adventurers" who think its a cool idea to go wandering off to places they have no business being.

All counties are sovereign and have their own laws, you can't go to another country and expect to have the same rights you have in your own, where you are a citizen.

Other countries including the US don't owe foreigners anything.

Quit your crying and stay where it's it safe if you can't hack what might happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Lol

Same story as those pesky American tourist and their ”hiking” around the Iranian borders couple of years ago.

Only fools will “buy” the tourist and hiking/vacation stories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join