It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 New Doomsday Dates to Look Forward To

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by adjensen

Hitting satellites would actually be pretty concerning. If it swept through the geostationary belt and knocked out a whole bunch of them, our technological infrastructure could come apart at the seams. Just saying.

Well, I suppose that if it took out the bird that's carrying the Spice Channel, that might spell doomsday for some people...

If it's 60 meters across, the odds that it will hit anything is pretty slim, and the odds that it would hit a bunch of stuff is astronomical (har har har) -- satellites aren't that big, and while there are a lot of them, the geostationary orbital space is pretty empty.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by SilentKoala

February fifteenth scares me. If my wife's present on valentines day, the fourteenth, isn't appropriate, it's usually not too peaceful around the house the next day. If I spend too much on her present I also get in trouble for wasting money. It's almost a guaranteed failure.

Sometimes ya just can't win.

It seems like some people need to have a reason to be afraid. A lot of the hype is by the ones making money off the fear, but for many it's like an obsession. The last date gets proven wrong, so they move on to the next. I think they're hoping for one to come true. Some think they're going to live a TV hero life after the meltdown. They see themselves as the Rambo of the new world, saving the girl, destroying the bad guys with their trusty [pick a weapon]. While the truth is, they'll probably be one of the first to go.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If people would just accept that we're all on death row and here on earth is our holding cell while we wait.

it'd be a lot better.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You forgot these. So there will be a prediction ever year. If DEC 21 2012 was a big flop why continue. I think it is time to wake up

John Denton. (Bible Research & Investigation Co)

Takes the view that both covenants must be of equal time. (problem with this view is that the first covenant started at Sinai. The promises to Abraham are completely separate from the first covenant. Gal 3 and Heb 8)

Chart 10:4 THE TWO COVENANTS PLUS 37 1/2 YEARS
PIVOT EACH SIDE OF THE DATE AD 33/34
Abraham called End of 1st Covenant Great Crowd
Out of Babylon Start of 2nd Covenant Called out of
to set up 'Seed' AD 33/34 Babylon the
Contract | Great
1968 BC 1931 BC1997 2034
| Period | Circumcision | Kingdom | Period |
| called | Covenant | Covenant | Called |
| out | | | out |
|||||
|__________|____________________|_____________________|__________|
| | | | |
1968 BC 1931 BC AD 33/34 1997 2034
|||

2047-SEP-14:
According to The Church of !BLAIR!, the human race will probably be terminated at 3:28 AM (Soho, England time) 2047, SEP. 14!. The church teaches, with tongue firmly in cheek, that if the human race does not discard their plastic conformity, then the Gods will withdraw their protection. The Gods don't want us to worship them; they don't want sacrifices or even offerings. They just want us to rid itself of our excessive "Normalcy". At that point, Astro-Lemurs (extra-terrestrials similar in shape to lemurs, but with rainbow colored bodies) will attack the entire human race and beat them to death with gigantic burritos. You have been warned. ;-)

2018–2028

F. Kenton Beshore

Beshore bases his prediction on Hal Lindsey's failed 1988 prediction that Jesus would return within one biblical generation of the founding of Israel in 1948. Lindsey stated a biblical generation was 40 years. Beshore argues that Lindsey's prediction was correct, but that his definition of a biblical generation was incorrect, which is actually 70–80 years, placing the Second Coming of Jesus between 2018 and 2028.

2020–2037

Jeane Dixon

This psychic claimed that the Armageddon would take place in 2020 and Jesus would return to defeat the unholy Trinity of the Antichrist, Satan and the False prophet between 2020 and 2037. Dixon previously predicted the world would end on February 4, 1962.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
[quote

"It's likely collision with Earth may occur on April 13, 2036," Professor Leonid Sokolov of St. Petersburg State University concluded, though he also said the chances of that happening are extremely slim, according to UPI

So which is it, Prof? "Likely", "may" or "extremely slim".

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the millenium....why so darn long! I hate this place...don't you? all this is fake I prefer livin spiritually yaaay ^ ^

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well here's a date to worry about here.

May 15th 2028. And May 15th 2021.

Why these dates? Based on a reading of Matthew 24 and the birth of Israel as a nation on May 15th 1948 these two dates would appear to be prophetically important. The reason being is what did Jesus Christ mean with this statement?

Matthew 24
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Summarized what he is saying is that from the beginning to the end of the Apocalypse these events will happen in the lifetime of the generation that witnesses the first end time event. So then the problem is "Was the birth of Israel in 1948 a end time event?" It would appear to be so. A rebirth of a nation of Israel was predicted in the day of Jezreel prophesy of Hosea and the Ezekiel 37 prophesy among others.

It would appear that this "generation" is 64 years old at present.

Then the problem is how long is it supposed to last? According to Psalms 90-10 the average human lifespan is 70 to 80 years. So assuming the maximum the Apocalypse should be ending no later that May 15th 2028.

So then working backward the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9 should be signed no later than May 15th 2021.

So there's 2 dates to look forward to on this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"Dooms day dates to look forward to"

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to death...not that macabre. If your looking forward to this amount of death and destruction, I suggest getting your head checked (not directed towards anyone, just a silly title).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again. And again.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I sure hope the first one is the right one that wipes us out because you'll surely be wrong about the preceding 4 predictions.

Nah we're all in for a slow horrific death, it's called.......life

top topics

<< 1   >>

join