It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Growing Concerns over Election Fraud in the U.S. Presidential Election in Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Swing states and "battle ground" states are certain to contain interesting coverage come election night and during the inevitable litigious follow-up. Fraudulent registrations continue to appear in Ohio, with plenty of similar tales elsewhere.

www.cincypost.com Some bogus registration cards turned in by an advocacy group have rekindled concerns at the Hamilton County Board of Elections about the potential for vote fraud on Nov. 2. The cards, collected by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now -- had similar handwriting and invalid addresses. The cards have added fuel to the debate about the integrity of the voting process in the upcoming election.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
We could certainly argue which is more concerning, irregular and errant registration cards, or error and harassment during the voting process. It doesn't take much thought, however, to surmise that we should certainly be much more concerned with the actual process of casting a vote and counting the results. But in the confusion caused by improper registrations, how wide is the gray area? Related News Links: www.morningjournal.com www.lancastereaglegazette.com www.onnnews.com

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There will always be people from all sides, not only democrats and republicans, who will try to make voter fraud and intimidate the oposition...you will also always get some people who are too sensitive and will yell "intimidation" even thou it was not the intention of the poll workers.

You will be surprised on the different reactions you will get from several people of all backgrounds who are asked the same questions. Some people might not see any harm being caused and no big deal, while others will overreact.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's going to be interesting here in Ohio, I'm giving myself plenty of time that day to vote.

We have one of the 4 here almost constantly now!

Who repays our cities for the overtime and clean up and disruption their visits cause.
I live close to Wright Patt, and their helicoptors buzz over and freak you out!!!

Cheney's shook my windows BAD the other day!

It is kinds awesome to see though.......

But we see crazy things flying around here all the time!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
democracynow.org...

Is now reporting glitch's in the system in all swing states in depth interview with observers in Ohio and Broward County Florida. Many reports of malfunctioning computer voting machines. Over 100 complaints a day about pre-election day voting in that county alone.
We are talking about a State that the Presidency was decided on by 500 votes.
YOUR VOTE COUNTS, SOMEWHERE!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Both sides are cheating, both sides are lying to some extent, and neither side will admit to any of their glaring inadequacies in governance. This is the new American standard for leadership. It doesn't matter if you can do a good job or not, it matters if you have enough money to buy a nomination, and then the appropriate backing to get elected.

And what's sad, is the people are probably going to continue to allow it to happen, as if nothing was happening at all. This country's people suffer a severe attention deficit, and would rather escape themselves from things that are important with the vast and varied array of crap they have available to them.

Notice I don't say we. I couldn't include myself in the above statement, because I don't believe I belong there, as I know many of us here at ATS don't. But in general, Americans are idiots.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I certainly hope this election doesnt mark the day when states could no longer decide ow they wnat to vote. OHio will be horrible this year. Hopefully one canidate wins by enough where it doesnt even matter in the big picture.

This is sad tho they have had four years to correct any problems yet they havent. Also instead of refering to the old methods that worked they are goin wtih newer methods that are shady.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
This country's people suffer a severe attention deficit,

You're dead on with this one - literally, not figuratively. ...Most Americans are sick and getting sicker. Attention deficit is one common manifestation - memory loss, concentration problems and eventual dementia are frequently part of the package.

...Governments hid the problem for a long time, because there were no solutions. Then, solutions were found between 2001 and 2003. But not implemented. ...A sick population is compliant. There's a fortune to be made in treating secondary symptoms. yada yada

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
whether keery or bush wins does not matter.just another ass for the pupeteers to stick their hands up. bush wasnt even in office half the time. who runs the country while george is on his nice little ranch? a group of people. thats who. possibly a society. a society thats run the US for years.

new topics

top topics

join