It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what are they all smiling about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Think he autographed the picture for them too? Shouldn't this be a somber occasion? They look like they're heading to a party. Yeah yeah, I'll be called out for "It's disrespectful and people mourn in different ways."

Must be my upbringing here on Earth. People generally cry when a loved one is murdered and especially so when it's a 6 year old child. Where are these people from?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You can't cry 24/7 a day. Tear ducts dry up.

Not to mention pretty immature as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There's already a thread discussing this topic...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just saying before you wonder why it gets removed.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is strange and a good question,when my twin brother died i cried for weeks,i was in a state of mind that was very dark,and nothing in this world could have mad me look as happy as these people in this picture.This whole school shooting thing is strange...just strange.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And what about those children in the picture? The ones that are still with us, that can't fully comprehend what has happened?

As a parent, I can tell you that there have been many times when I have been struck by tragedy and put on a brave face for my children. Children deserve to feel love, security, protection, and yes, happiness even in the face of tragedy.

Lastly, not to mention the obvious, but when someone holds up a camera to take a picture it is generally an automatic reaction to smile. If you look at the face of the woman to the right of Obama, you can tell she has been crying -- her face is all red and her eyes are puffy.

Why do people think it such a terrible thing to try and find some small bit of happiness even in the worst of times? It can be the difference between spiraling into a deep, dark depression or instead trying to do something positive....such as setting up scholarship funds or working to prevent another parent from experiencing such tragedy themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Please add your comments to one of the existing threads on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join