It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 : Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hit Honshu, Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Good morning SS!

I surely hope it is just another of the "usual" earthquakes for Japan and not a precursor of bigger ones to come. I know that they are used to five pointers, but after "the big one" I get nervous every time there is an earthquake over a four pointer. I worry about Japan.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Morning littled

Aye, as do I, as mentioned this is far from serious, but I still think it's news worthy.

SS

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
reply to post by JustMike

I never said in my OP that this quake was of any significance, I simply stated that a 5.0 hit Japan, and placed the news in the Japan forum.

Tank you, and good day.

SS

*Bolded by me*

Just by you adding "December 21, 2012" in your thread title, you have tried to add significance to this non event, very common earthquake.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Or

I wanted to state the date the Quake happened.

SS

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, as some of you already know, I live in Tokyo. I have to be honest and say that we get earthquakes so often that it has to be at least a 5.8M for most people to notice. In fact, if you are in the train there is a good chance you will not feel it at all. I actually missed the one OP is reporting here.

Yet, I am still very thankful that people are still taking an interest in everything that is going on here in Japan. We still got serious problems and after the recent election the exact WRONG party got voted into power due to massive refusal by the youths of Japan to actually vote.

Feel no shame in reporting a 5.0M quake in Japan because it still a strong quake. It is just that in Japan we are soooo used to higher level quakes that we don`t notice them like someone who lived in a region were quakes are rare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join