It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Preppers' Nuts or Potential Terrorists as Hinted at By the MSM and Gov't.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Just a question really.

What do preppers think about the ongoing insinuation that because you stock up on relatively modest amounts of food, supplies and in some cases weapons and ammo, in readiness for an unknown even that disrupts service as normal, that it somehow indicates you are unhinged, deranged or even potential terrorists in the making.

This is the accusation being portrayed in the media against Adam Lanza's mother Nancy.

I would argue that if 'preppers' are nuts or potential terrorists, what does that make the federal government?

Anyone ever heard of a little government agency that calls itself...FEMA?!

Millions of hollow point rounds of ammo, human shaped paper targets and weapons being stockpiled by FEMA and just about EVERY other government agency there is...even the weather agency, sure sounds nuts to me.

But aren't preppers who are being painted as gun crazy, loner survivalists EXACTLY the same as what these government agencies are doing?

If being prepared for a bad and unforeseen situation is so nuts...why is the US government doing all it can to stockpile as many weapons, ammo and supplies as possible...which invites the question...is FEMA a terrorist or insane organisation?

If they're not, what makes them totally sane and rational, but when ordinary people who follow their example...they are suddenly potential terrorists and nutters?

Hypocrisy is a word that seems to fit.
edit on 21-12-2012 by MysterX because: typos

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The government and MSM are terrorists. They use fear and force to achieve political ends.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The tale of Waco should be a fine case study.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why would one need guns alongside first aid kits and canned food?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

In the event of another Ruby Ridge outbreak.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Obviously, anyone who thinks they might ever need protection is insane. Our governments will always provide for us and make sure nobody ever harms us, including ourselves. We need to look up to our big brothers and thank them for what they have given us. J/k # that #. You are on your own. Goooood luck
edit on 21-12-2012 by JackyMenace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm not excusing the media or the government in making mountains out of molehills, or by twisting stories to fit their agendas. But one thing is clear, Nancy, from all sources, did not appear to be a stable woman.

Her son had major issues. And because she was hoarding weapons and preparing for cataclysmic events, it may very well have put her son over the edge. Taking him to to the gun range, familiarizing him with weapons, when he has major social issues, was not a smart idea.

Part of responsible gun ownership is knowing who to involve into your responsible enjoyment of guns.

Nancy Lanza's sister-in-law, Marsha, said the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter was a gun-hoarding survivalist who had been stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse.

Lanza's former landscaper and occasional drinking buddy Dan Holmes has described her relationship with guns as that of "an enthusiast," so much so that she "wanted to pass it on to her kids."

We had a few parents in the neighbourhood that involved one or two of their kids in gun sports, but not another. Maybe one kid is too rambunctious, maybe they were maladjusted, but just because they're your kids doesn't mean you overlook issues they have.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't think 'preppers' are nuts. I think crazy people are nuts!

Most of these so called preppers remind me of all the farmers I live around who can/jar the majority of their food so it doesn't go to waste and serves as a food supply in case their crops fail. Do we really want to start calling our farmers, who we get all our food from terrorists? I don't think so. As the op pointed out our government even preps for food and I'll add that they don't stop at 3 days worth either.

People please wake up! You are not crazy for preparing for some event that is out of your control such as crop failure, grocery store failure...etc. Pick a scenario and I say it's prudent to prep for it.

Are people nuts for prepping against an auto accident by putting on a seat belt? Probably not in that case either.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I've lived through far too many blizzards up here in Canada to not be a "prepper"...

The ridicule by governments, MSM, or any other can all kiss my royal white Irish arse.
edit on 21-12-2012 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

To keep your kits and canned food in your possession of course.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
reply to post by DaTroof

In the event of another Ruby Ridge outbreak.

Really? That's your excuse? Might as well get your tin foil hat too, y'know... just in case.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenBrain71

Who's gonna take it?

You're telling me you'd rather treat another human being as a target rather than aid them with your supplies? Now I see the purpose of prepping. Murder fantasy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

LOL "DaTroof" - It's clearly not the truth your after.

Tin Foil hats and what not - I'm not even in America, but I know what their government is capable of, sending in a portion of the army to assasinate a family of women, children, men and pets...

WTF?!? aha.
edit on 21-12-2012 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Who's gonna take it?

You're telling me you'd rather treat another human being as a target rather than aid them with your supplies? Now I see the purpose of prepping. Murder fantasy.

Criminals and desperate people who I would have offered food to had they not tried to steal it.

You are trying to twist my words a little bit so I'll clarify for you.

Personally I feel that there isn't any amount of worth on any product or object on earth that is more valuable than a human life. With that said, if you take my food away then you take my means of feeding my family which is basically the same as walking in and shooting all of us. Food is not a product, it's life. Theft of things that don't keep you alive should be deterred but if it comes to shooting somebody then I say draw the line there and let them have whatever it is they came for. Let the maker sort them out.

edit on 21-12-2012 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hm well some of them are rather strange from an european perspective to say the least. But nuts? no, not in my eyes.
But I'm curious: Doesn't the US Gov gives advice to have provisions, food and such things at home for at least 14 days?
Because the german goverment advices strongly to have food, water and a provisions stock for 30 days at all time at home to be prepared if a major disaster should strike. They even give out lists of things to have at home for this case. I wonder why it is so different here and in the US.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Who's gonna take it?

Criminals and desperate people who I would have offered food to had they not tried to steal it.

You are trying to twist my words a little bit so I'll clarify for you.

Personally I feel that there isn't any amount of worth on any product or object on earth that is more valuable than a human life. With that said, if you take my food away then you take my means of feeding my family which is basically the same as walking in and shooting all of us. Food is not a product, it's life. Theft of things that don't keep you alive should be deterred but if it comes to shooting somebody then I say draw the line there and let them have whatever it is they came for. Let the maker sort them out.

edit on 21-12-2012 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

And who is going to make the determination between ally or thief? You? Paranoid and armed, and probably starving... you're going to determine whether another human being deserves life? Again, murder fantasy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
Hm well some of them are rather strange from an european perspective to say the least. But nuts? no, not in my eyes.
But I'm curious: Doesn't the US Gov gives advice to have provisions, food and such things at home for at least 14 days?
Because the german goverment advices strongly to have food, water and a provisions stock for 30 days at all time at home to be prepared if a major disaster should strike. They even give out lists of things to have at home for this case. I wonder why it is so different here and in the US.

The US government strongly suggests keeping emergency stocks of food, water, first aid and so on. It's just the gun crazy survivalists that can't wait for an excuse to bunker down and shoot people. THEY'RE the dangerous preppers.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

uummmmm

return fire?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

No ones talking about murder apart from yourself. These people are talking about their right to bear arms - A right given to them by the American leaders and the Constituion before the criminal cartel began ripping it apart.

It's you who are suggesting murder and negativity...why?

edit on 21-12-2012 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

uummmmm

return fire?

From your hillbilly neighbor? Yeah, great community you got there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join