It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If nothing happens on December 21 - for the disillusioned, depressed, or angry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I am aware - or at least I believe based on my posting experience here - that the majority of ATS members engaged in 2012 belief are going to be just fine if nothing happens today, and that the rest simply believe this is only the beginning of a positive change in our consciousness or awareness as a species, with the latter being a positive thing that shouldn't inspire any particularly unpleasant emotions anyway. Still others may simply choose to believe that something did happen, or that whatever happened will not be public knowledge for a while, as is their prerogative. I respect everyone's beliefs.

But I'm also aware of the possibility at least, that some people out there may be incredibly invested - emotionally or otherwise - in something of immediate import happening on this date. For some, this date may have even been their "last hope" for reality to take a turn for the better, or at the very least, a core or significant part of their belief system. Those individuals may be feeling deeply distraught, depressed, disillusioned, or even angry if nothing particularly important or momentous takes place today.

I am someone who long ago also had core beliefs shattered and was deeply disillusioned and depressed for some time thereafter. I know how horrible it can feel, and how lost some people out there may be feeling. As I indicated in other posts in other topics, I have always intended to create a topic on this date for those people to discuss their feelings and opinions, should they exist. Just as Heff said in his "another insight into depression: the holidays" topic, many are already feeling alone, depressed, or unusually stressed during the holidays and the winter season, for a variety of reasons. This issue has the potential at least to contribute to that.

If you are feeling that way, and need someone to talk to who will not judge or attack you, say "I told you so," or just to listen, please feel free to post here or shoot me a PM. If not and everybody's fine... great! That's all I want to hear. But just in case... this topic and my PM box are available, and I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to lend an ear here on ATS either.

As Heff also pointed out in his topic, if you feel the depth or severity of your feelings are profound enough to constitute a threat to your well being (or the well being of others) please consider calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or dial whatever your country's emergency code is (911 in the United States.) I am not a mental health professional in any way, and am just trying to be here for my fellow ATSers.

Peace and best wishes to all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I never'd believe in 2012, but I kept an open mind.

And all these "I told you so" people (trying to make themselves feel better) are just mad they have to continue...

Being cogs in the machine...

Spokes on a wheel...

SLAVES!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Versus

I know know what the motivations of the "I told you so" crowd are. Not only have I maintained an open mind about 2012, I actually still do. The day isn't over. That's why my post says "if" nothing happens. But just in case it doesn't, I wanted this topic to be here for those who may feel profoundly disillusioned. I just remember how badly I felt back in the day when some deeply central beliefs of mine were uprooted, and how much I wished, in retrospect, I had a resource like ATS at the time. (I didn't have the internet then.) That's what inspired this post. That, and a desire to counteract the "I told you so" posts I'm sure will be rampant despite ATS and Springer's attempts to curtail them. I feel we need more love and kindness rather than consternation and judgment.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Covered

Here www.abovetopsecret.com... and

Here www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a real problem for some and the following days will tell the story. S&F

P

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
12:08 pm GMT.

Nothing happened.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Nice sentiments AceWombat04. However your words will now be buried under a torrent of "gayyyyyyy" (I actually just saw that exact message being the most stared post in another thread) and other moronic behavior that has already fully overcome ATS and will no doubt continue for the next week or so, or until the kids go back to school.

The playground is full of screaming kids at the moment so it's best to sit in the corner and wait until the bell goes

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Del
edit on 21-12-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Nothing will happen because it is 1.19 am 22-12 in New Zealand right NOW!!!

Wake up!! New age fanatics, backward superstitious rednecks, slobbering yokels and other "I believe the world ends this date" - morons.

Try to live a normal life. Cut down on your pill intake and anxiety attacks. Smell the christmas air!

Get a Tshirt saying ' 21 Dec believer and dead wrong as usual. Slap me please'

edit on 21-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by AceWombat04

Nothing will happen because it is 1.19 am 22-12 in New Zealand right NOW!!!

Wake up!! New age fanatics, backward superstitious rednecks, slobbering yokels and other "I believe the world ends this date" - morons.

Try to live a normal life. Cut down on your pill intake and anxiety attacks. Smell the christmas air!

Get a Tshirt saying ' 21 Dec believer and dead wrong as usual. Slap me please'

edit on 21-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

I never said anything would happen. I'm an open minded skeptic.

However, I would encourage people to not attack others for their beliefs at this time or, at the very least, not in this topic. The purpose of this topic is to listen and be attentive to those feeling depressed, disillusioned, or angry if nothing happens today, should they exist on ATS. Personal attacks are thus not on topic and while you have the right to your opinion, I would, very respectfully, appreciate it if people would refrain from going there herein if they can find their way to not doing so.

Peace.

reply to post by PURIFIER

I'm glad you thought better of that post. Its original content before being edited encouraged people with mental issues to take action I would hope no one reading this topic would ever consider. You have the right to your opinion but to anyone sharing that sentiment please, please reconsider using such language at the moment.

Note that I am not attacking or insulting you in any way, despite how appalled I was by the post in question. I urge people not to make such posts right now. People's lives could literally be at stake. What if such a post was the straw that broke the analogical camel's back? Please, people. I know emotions around this issue are running high, and I know people have many disparate opinions on this topic as well as on mental health. But I respectfully urge people to consider maintaining the spirit of this topic if you can find it within yourselves to do so at all.

Even if it's only out of mutual respect and courtesy to me personally, I would greatly appreciate it if people considering making such posts could bite their tongue for one day at least.

Peace.
edit on 12/21/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Edited for wording

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is very kind. I have always been afraid of the lone Sandy hook, Columbine, Aurora type person either trying to bring 2012 to fruition or being so humiliated in front of family & friends or just the fellas they over-shared their beliefs with at the bar, will act out.

If you believed learn from it.
If you didn't there is no need for a touchdown dance. It doesn't make you seem smarter, it makes you seem like an @sshole. 1 exception a particular 2012'er gave you a rash of you will crap, i think it is legit now to go to that one person and "told you so" him/her.

FTR I did not believe in 2012, but I believed a lot of other crazy stuff that turned out not to be true. We all have. Whether it is in Romney's Victory, OJ's innocence, your favorite sports team winning a championship whatever.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

Your post reminds me of the kind of people who stand below a man on the edge of suicide cheering him to jump to his death, whilst filming it on their cell phone.

Classy

edit on 21-12-2012 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In all sincerity I'm very pleased that no one has needed to make use of this topic so far. Hopefully that is a positive sign.

Peace.

edit on 12/21/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, it's now 1:15 AM PST December 22nd on the West Coast of the U.S., so I think it's safe to say that no one - at least publicly - has been severely distressed by the passage of the prescribed date. That's honestly music to my ears. I'm glad no one - at least here on ATS - seems to have come out of this worse for wear. My primary concern about this date had nothing to do with any of the predicted events, but rather people's psychological experience of the date, in whatever form that might take. It's a relief to see it come and go without too many people here being horribly upset by it. I have seen far worse reactions to such dates.

I hope everyone has a happy Winter.

Peace.
edit on 12/22/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join