It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[2012] The New Age Has Arrived. *A Full Delineation of The Things to Come*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, your a fruitcake.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
I'm a Christian, your a fruitcake.

wow thats so very jesus like too...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx
reply to post by Xaphan

I think we can officially crown the Mayans collectively as: The High Lords of Trolling.

You are wrong. The Mayans never predicted end of the world.

Mainstream media did, and we all know there aren't bigger "trolls" than this guys.

Don't take part of discussion if you have wrong information.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Sublimecraft

are we to be thought stupid because of it?

No, there is a vast difference between "stupid" and being unaware of something.

I am unaware of the specifics of Quantum string theory, but I am not stupid.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
It speaks to the characters of the members participating in this thread that even though the OP provided an ample opportunity for you to turn back and ignore this thread, all of you persisted in posting a degrading comment because you just don't agree.

Uh, no. Like some have said, we're all in this together. The interesting thing about cults is that when the apocalypse does not happen, their faith goes stronger. That's what we're seeing here. Despite the fact that we did not endure three days of darkness, an explicit promise made by the OP, people are now proclaiming, well, they never really meant the Earth would be destroyed PHYSICALLY. It's just kind of a "feeling" in your chakras you can't explain, so for people with ears to hear, it's a new beginning, and too bad for you naysayers.

The problem here is that when cult members are shown that these predictions are demonstrably untrue, they become more insular as they become more isolated.They cannot accept the fact that they were wrong. After all, they're "special." So we get the ultimate reaction like this. "If you don't like it, don't post. We get to do what we want." and off to the next mountain top you go.

Only sometimes you don't just go to the next mountaintop, advance the date, and proclaim there was simply a procedural error, or that the apolcalypse was "symbolic." If you will remember, a few years ago we had the "Harmonic Convergance." When nothing happened they pulled a John the Baptist trip on us and claimed that was just a harbringer for 12-21-12, 11:11. When THAT comes along you'd better REALLY pay attention!

However, sometimes these cults turn murderous. Something like 1,000 people died in Jonestown by drinking the Kool Aid. Were these sophisticated and educated people who were simply delusional who took their own lives? No, they were largely poor Black people looking for answers from a charismatic and well-spoken leader who wore immaculate suits and sunglasses. They made their own trusting children drink the Kool Aid, too. Children died because some idiot found a mesmerizing groove of words to spew out that "enlightened" his followers, that is, until they died. Hitler was also a great orator, the best the Germanic language ever produced. He whipped his followers into fits of frenzy where they thought it was okay to kill 8 million Jews and others who did not fit the mold of the Aryan race. This stuff is not benign. It can get out of hand.

Had someone stepped up and said, "Hey, this is wrong. You guys are being deluded. This guy does not have answers. You are being hoodwinked. Escape now." and kept up the refrain, then perhaps 1,000 poor people would not have needlessly died. Perhaps the Heaven's Gate people would not have mutilated themselves and gone on to live productive fulfilled lives.

Instead, they're dead. I'm sure they felt very enlightend as the poison from the apple sauce seeped into their veins and headed for their hearts.

That's why cult members are scary. You never know when they will go off the deep end. Here we are, 12-21-12 is nearly over. Nothing happened, yet cult members are telling us it was all symbolic, or they have feelings in their chakras. That's just the Kool Aid in your veins. And when you say, "Just go do your thing and leave us enlightened ones alone," I say, "NO!" Because I don't know who you are going to take with you and who you will put in harm's way with your delusions. Innocent people, I'm thinking. People who don't really deserve to be taken in by your B.S.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Mainstream media did, and we all know there aren't bigger "trolls" than this guys.
Cheers.

This is the common fallacy

Mainstream media HARDLY initiates a belief (ok, sometimes they do)...MSM is like a snake, they *pick up* relevant topics that make a story. What interests people at a current moment? MSM will pick it up because this is what sells.

MSM is dumb.They are not scientists or researchers...people whose job it is to make simple stories the "common joe" can watch at night in the news or read in the paper, easily digestable for the masses.

Mainstream media did NOT invent the 2012 story, nor the 9/11 conspiracy, Nibiru or whatever. It is, let's say, one of those myths which was born after the year 2000, the internet also had a big part in it, and MSM (naturally) reflected this. If anything, MSM actually actively tried to calm down those people who believed in that stuff.

You guys always blame mainstream media for all kinds of stuff, but don't see that the real "perpetrators" who start lies and deception are not ALWAYS found in the MSM.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Apocryphon

Hello Apocryphon,

Thank you for coming to this site and peace be with you in this time of change. I have awaited your arrival with patience, ever since another brother of yours posted here a few years back. I love the name, as soon as I saw it I knew the info was genuine.

I have a couple of questions to ask before I get into some deeper issues. Could you please reveal the name of your "House" and your specialty? Thank you.

Please say hello to "Hiddenhand" and thank him for his enlightening words.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Littlesthobo

OP is connected to that guy?! Where did Hidden go anyway?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
its guys like this that screw us all over in finding out the truth. keep spreading more bullcrap. i think after today people are done with bullcrap

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Schuylar a star for you for saying it as it is merry christmas...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm not on this thread because I believed something would happen. I'm on this thread because I sincerely wish something had. And in response to the rest of your post: those people who killed themselves obviously had nothing to contribute to the gene pool in terms of intellect. I'm not sorry to see them go, I'm just sorry their parents and society didn't cultivate smarter individuals.

But my whole point is that everyone is jumping down the throats of all who dared to hope or believe because it didn't happen. No one is bringing up the fact that something NEEDS to happen. Are we all just going to wait around for a magical date to get the job done, or are we going to take responsibility for what we've damaged and fix it ourselves? Awesome, your wife or husband and your kids are still alive and kicking. That's wonderful. Is your family all you care about? We are the guardians of the future, believe it or not. What we don't take care of now will be the burden of our grandkids and their grandkids. And if we don't take care of it, what does that teach the younger generations? That they can slack off and not take out the garbage and make sure everything is clean and be sure to show love to your neighbors and hand out extras so nobody goes without because that's what you'd want if the roles were reversed? To just focus on your own little circle and ignore the outside world?

That doesn't work. We'll be the next great empire to fall because we're too self-absorbed to realize that the outside problems won't go away. In fact, they may knock on the door a few hundred years down the road before kicking it down and taking away everything you fought to give your descendants. I'm glad you're happy right now, but what about the future? No one cares because that's not right now. But eventually, it will be. And it's your responsibility to make sure that seed doesn't become something horrible for the unborn children who don't have a choice in the matter.

That's the point I'm trying to make here. Everyone is overlooking the actual issue. Sweet, the world didn't end. But see, that still leaves a slew of problems to solve. Let's get on that, yeah? Because they obviously aren't going away.

Do you see what I'm saying?

edit on 21-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaeTheShaman
its guys like this that screw us all over in finding out the truth. keep spreading more bullcrap. i think after today people are done with bullcrap

Also alot are done with the excuses ... carry on seeking the truth people.I and others will help
mods too,. Do not be put off by posting, but be wary about the sheeps, shills, assleeps comments
you put out, it may just come back to bite you in the ass..

Reason with you're opposites and peers, do not say it as fact unless one can provide the facts
refrain from exploding like some on here and you will not give them ammunition etc..

Remember if it hasn't happened yet then do not call it as fact, keep an open mind..

One last thing everyone has the right to post remember that ..

edit on 21-12-2012 by denver22 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not on this thread because I believed something would happen. I'm on this thread because I sincerely wish something had.
Buddy look i kinda like waking up to the fact that the world is still here you
understand i got a girlfreind kid that i love

P.S and so does alot of others be happy spit..
edit on 21-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not on this thread because I believed something would happen. I'm on this thread because I sincerely wish something had.

Actually, nothing happening constitutes "something".
It's just that it was SFA this time around.
Maybe next time, in 5,128 years something else other than nothing will occur.
But I very much doubt it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I must applaud your reason and lucidity here. These are the kind of posts that keep me coming to ATS. Bravo sir. Faith in humanity restored.

It is amazing to see the amount of immediate back-peddling involved when one is proven wrong. Instead of admitting their mistake, they instead fabricate new reasons to justify their delusions. And as you've shown, this can lead to dire consequences on both those who prove to be a little too credulous and the ones who have seduced them to their death.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

reply to post by denver22

Both of you, please refer back to my post. I elaborate in order to clarify exactly what this day (and by extension, this thread) means to me and how all of your views reflect upon it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Cynic

Both of you, please refer back to my post. I elaborate in order to clarify exactly what this day (and by extension, this thread) means to me and how all of your views reflect upon it.

Listen buddy you're gonna stress yourself out, go have fun, make babies, get a girl or if you have
one take her out enjoy things in life.Spread you're mantra around by all means, but make sure you
use the right chakra's you know what i mean?..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Listen buddy you're gonna stress yourself out go have fun make babies get a girl or if you have
one take her out enjoy things in life spread you're mantra around by all means but make sure you
use the right chakra's you know what i mean?..

What planet do you live on, that you don't give a flying rat's hindquarters about the future your kid's kids will have to face? Because the future isn't free. You have to sow that seed, and right now, we're sowing with salt.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

And you, LesMisanthrope? Do you see no reason for change?

Does no one on this thread see reason for this world to change? For the human race to change? The whole cult deal is beside the point. That's ignorant superstition talking. The fact remains that apparently, no one here wants the world to change.

What's up with that?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What planet do you live on,
The one that's still here.

You have to sow that seed, and right now, we're sowing with salt.

Hey there is nothing wrong with my yang buddy...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join