It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Court blocks US drone intelligence case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

High Court blocks US drone intelligence case

www.bbc.co.uk

The High Court has rejected an attempt by a Pakistani man to force the UK government to reveal if it is providing intelligence for US drone strikes.

Lord Justice Moses said that oversight of intelligence arrangements in this case was for Parliament, not the court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So the tactic of passing the buck and silence continues, it also speaks volumes for me and the guilt is disgustingly obvious. However I try not to be too surprised as it certainly isn't the first time the U.K. has committed war crimes and I'll bet it isn't the last.

"The lawyers did not ask the court to rule if the US strikes were lawful. But they said British officials could be secondary parties to murder or guilty of war crimes if they were providing critical information to the US. "

The U.K. really is nothing more than the U.S.' b*tch these days, we obviously had our turn first with you guys, now it's your turn

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Legally speaking, the ruling is accurate. The courts cannot force the government to reveal details of its intelligence operations.

However, if the government were worthy to lead our nation, they would have the PM actually respond to this matter in a full, frank and open manner. Also, if the UK government wants to be seen to give a god damn about this subject, I personally think that it would be a good idea to reduce our involvement with US drone activity, if indeed we have any involvement.

Of course, without us Brits to gather the intelligence, the US would just flatten entire villages with drone strikes, willy nilly, because if there is one thing an American cannot bloody well do, it is shoot once, strike surgically, and kill cleanly. Always with the spray and pray.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

How so, being involved in drone operations in non wars, ie wars that are not wars, against homes and civililians and weddings is highly illegal. If they're using classified to hide treasonous acts and murder its criminal and should be in court.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thats the thing, now, in a world where one does not declare war on nations, but on organisations, an intelligence service, and the government to whom it answers, can regard such behavior as legal, if morally objectionable. So, although there are some fairly profound violations of morality and ethics, there are no legal violations to answer for, because the intelligence efforts which lead to this drone strikes are aimed at the War On Terror, rather than a war against the people of any particular nation.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Unity_99

Thats the thing, now, in a world where one does not declare war on nations, but on organisations, an intelligence service, and the government to whom it answers, can regard such behavior as legal, if morally objectionable. So, although there are some fairly profound violations of morality and ethics, there are no legal violations to answer for, because the intelligence efforts which lead to this drone strikes are aimed at the War On Terror, rather than a war against the people of any particular nation.

LIKELY STORY>>>>>>>>>>WAR CRIMES are what they are......they are guilty by their own definitions.....
What the Establishment does is sanctioned, even though we punish other nationals for war crimes when they do the same things......
There isnt an open mind in the cosmos that cannot recognize this hypocrisy.
I can only conclude that these immoralities, these unethical killings or torture....meet the aproval of the American people somewhere deep down .......they are saying.to themselves ..well i may not be free...i may not be employed,
The bankers may have all the money and control,....but i still have more than anyone else in comparable countries, so screw them, as long as im OK......
The rest of the world can get its own....Like we had to..............
Right?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Rest of the world can't get "its own" mate, the western world wants it all

top topics

join