It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS lets take it to a whole new level in 2013!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have got to be honest, I came to ATS looking to learn about conspiracies that had substance and were concrete. Most of the threads are organized and well written, especially when they lay a historical background and significance on the matter. But others are either disinfo agents or just people too lazy to do some research on whatever their hypothesis maybe. In these cases, it is always difficult to grasp what the hypothesis is. Disinfo agents on closer inspection give a conflicting report.

I feel that 2013 should be a year that some ATS members do not just post a youtube video and not describe their thoughts on it. I feel it is disrespectful to not take your time to share your thoughts on the matter. A title could represent your hypothesis or just saying it in a short paragraph.

I have always wanted to write about what I thought Nibiru was.So I prepared a brief discussion of Nibiru as an example of what I think is a minimum requirement to start a thread.

I actually thought Nibiru was just what the ancients wrote when they described the sun. It was sad to read Nibiru being taken out of context to represent the end of the world or transitions to other dimensions (ridiculous as it sounds many here on ATS believe this).

1. Nibiru

An excellent article written by Dr. MS Heiser on Nibiru is exhaustive and explains what Nibiru meant in the ancient times. The problem with translations is of course interpretation. I will not try to discredit Sitchins work since Sitchin never made any claims that what he proposed was truth. He merely stated his interpretations of what he translated. Sitchin, based on his translations, proposed that Nibiru would return in 9000 years from now.

So how did the year 2012 become associated with Nibiru or Sitchin's 12th planet? Oh yeah, I just remembered, these are the ideas that sprang up after the merging of Sitchin's theory and the Ancient Astronaut theory (by Erich Anton Paul von Däniken: Chariots of the gods).

(a) The end of the Mayan Calendar coincides with the return of the gods and this means that the god's will return on Nibiru (which is also supposedly a spaceship and a planet at the same time)

My Critique of this theory: Yes it true that the basis of Sitchin's theory was the ancient astronaut theory. However, the breadth of their interpretations are not the same due to the variation of myths and cultures that they focused on.Now add to their interpretations, fanaticism of the end of the Mayan Calendar and the birth of a new age. What you fail to realize here is that all of these things are conjectures and nothing else.

(b) Nibiru is a planet

My Critique of this theory: The actual word is "Neberu", but this doesn't matter. Nibiru has been described as Marduk (a god), place of crossing, a star. Importantly, Nibiru has been described as a star that divides the sky into two (day and night).

If Nibiru is a Star or the Sun that actually divides our sky into two, then how did Nibiru become known as something totally different, far away from our solar system? According to what has been written, Nibiru is a fixed star in space. Who came up with the idea that Nibiru is a planet assasin that is not fixed in space and is on its way to destroy earth?

My Proposal: The picture above is the winged sun disk and is found in various ancient cultures over the earth. It should not come as a surprise then that throughout history, people worshipped the sun (or deceptively the son with 12 disciples-Jesus and Mythra).

Some of Jesus' followers use the cross ( recall Nibiru is a place of a cross or division). Christianity even claims Jesus (Nibiru) will destroy earth and our solar system one day and divide good people from evil people. Another similarity between Nibiru and Jesus is that Nibiru was also refered to as Marduk, the son of god or the son of Enki.

Now we have Christianity taking roots in sun/Nibiru worship. Is it the only religion that has such roots?

(b)An example of a Nibiru Symbol

The basic skeleton of the symbol is a circle with a triangle within touching the circumference . Even the masons's symbol for enlightenment uses this symbol. Its also on the dollar, FEMA logo

and found in other countries as well. Even the Illuminati use the symbol. Now how can a belief system be so pervasive that religions and corporations are embroidered to it?

The symbol is also used in magic as a gateway for spirits as well as for protection. The symbol can also represent one god (circle) existing as 3 beings (trinity in christianity). In other secret societies, it represents a gateway to a higher dimension than the 3 dimension we live in ( triangle-3D + Circle=4D)

What really is Nibiru, and how does it affect us today?
edit on 21-12-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Terrific presentation. It clarifies some things and yet leaves me wondering just why this was so important. I'm not into astral things tbh, but perhaps those who love to run with a theory and create hype will re-evaluate their fear-mongering efforts have had on people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I am wondering that myself. What is the connection?

The FEMA logo has one headed eagle holding 13 arrows and branch with 13 leaves. Obviously the eagle is the same form as the winged disk. Now what interests me is that instead of the two headed eagle, we have one, and instead of two serpents, we see 13 arrows and 13 leaves. What is the significance of 13 or 26?. Is this a splinter group or just an extension of the same group? And what is this group's connection to sun worship (Nibiru)?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Taking its inspiration from the Great Seal of the United States the DHS seal features the American bald eagle holding an olive branch with 13 (symbolizing the original 13 colonies) leaves and berries in its right hand talon and 13 arrows in its left talon. The olive branch symbolizes peace and the arrows symbolize war. The eagle faces right, toward peace.
source It makes me wonder why FEMA didn't just do away with the arrows altogether.

But in the drawing above the wide wing span brings to mind the native stories of the thunderbird. In some native tribes, the arrows in the talons represents repression of the natives.
edit on 21-12-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join