It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver planning on testing new emergency sirens on 12-21-12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
First time posting, so not sure where to put this. Denver is planning on testing new emergency sirens today 12-21-12
It seems bizarre they would do this on this particular day. They usually test the sirens every second Tuesday, and that alone frightens some people. Why are they doing this today of all days? There always seems to be some test or drill when something major happens. Hmmm will there be a false flag of some sort later today in Denver? I guess I will find out soon enough!

www.9news.com...
edit on 21-12-2012 by B2X2L because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
That is odd.

First thing that popped in my head was what if an actual real emergency happens where the sirens are needed?

How will people know now? Very odd, especially considering the higher percentage chances of just dumb riots/parties breaking out.

Very poor planning. Should I be surprised? lol Nope!

Good find friend. S&F

edit on 12/21/2012 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by B2X2L

That story was posted after 4pm on the 2th

That's a terrible freakin idea...

Good post!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Odd. Noteworthy. Especially for that particular city (ahem... New World Airport)

But that's all this is until/unless the drill gets real somehow.

S+F

edit on 21-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
9/11 had drills going on

7/7 had drills going on

portland had drills going on

mexican earthquake that fell near the 188 day theory had drills going on

I'm sure there are quite a few more but instead of making an ass of myself I'll just stop there.
edit on 21-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would schedule it on the same day if I was in charge of that kind of thing. Just to play with people's minds...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Aurora also had a drill that night. 56 NEW sirens and 21 updated ones to be tested all over the city all through the day? Denver is a small city and I can hear sirens from far off on the second Tuesday ***( Actually it is Wednesday and not all year, usually in summer tornado season)*** of the month. Very Strange Indeed..
edit on 21-12-2012 by B2X2L because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
what a pathetic irrational thing to do on such a day!
theres bound to be a lot of people that havnt heard the message about there being 'tests'
people are gonna freak out!
who is the man/woman who allowed this to go ahead?
any names?
whoever they are they will be the ones to blame if anything bad happens due to the sirens.

ETA
this the Denver Emergency website HERE

edit on 21-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: link

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by B2X2L

A logical level headed answer would be that they have a policy to test the sirens within 7 days of the last test for H&S reasons and they have simply moved the next one forward a few days so that the test does not fall during the xmas period...

I see no conspiracy only logic

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is very strange...

I was just watching the rerun this evening of Jesse Ventura's 2012 episode talking in part about Denver Airport and all that...kinda messed up they would do it on this day...

good find!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
reply to post by B2X2L

A logical level headed answer would be that they have a policy to test the sirens within 7 days of the last test for H&S reasons and they have simply moved the next one forward a few days so that the test does not fall during the xmas period...

Logic, to test a siren on apparent short notice, on the most anticipated "doomsday date" of this generation, in this heightened state of fear in America...? Really.....?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by B2X2L

That's how it always starts then BAM!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

logic?
oh yeah lets set the sirens off on the one day thats meant to end
the 21st, the one thats the biggest ever doomsday!
yeah good idea no one will panic
its all good!
logic -

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is a terrible idea.

Not that I think that anything will happen, but I can see this causing a lot of unnecessary panic..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

logic?
oh yeah lets set the sirens off on the one day thats meant to end
the 21st, the one thats the biggest ever doomsday!
yeah good idea no one will panic
its all good!
logic -

Your not thinking logically, why would anyone that actually believes this doomsday nonsense be planning a trip to a destination they believe they would never reach? what would they be doing in the airport? Why have they not already spunked their life savings and kicked back?

Im sure if the world was about to spontaneously 'combust' the last thing going Denver airports security teams heads would be "id better kick the alarm off"

laughable to say the least. You all need to take a step back, a deep breath and get a grip of yourselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
DIA is a strange place for sure, but it isn't actually in Denver for those of you who don't know, it is actually in Aurora, Colorado. I don't know why they built it so far away from the city, far away from Anything, but they are putting tunnels all around it for sure. DIA doesn't have anything to do with the sirens, but DIA is a whole other topic in itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

reply to post by B2X2L

Logic, to test a siren on apparent short notice, on the most anticipated "doomsday date" of this generation, in this heightened state of fear in America...? Really.....?

and at the bottom of the article it said for people to just ignore it, it's only a test.....they only want the elite to hurry into the bunkers, so the rest of the people will not move toward them and block the closing of the massive doors. my advice...run like hell to those bunker locations as soon as the sirens start to sound and you might get in.
edit on 21-12-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
good luck.. it seems with these "drills" come death so hopefully not this time

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Two years ago my town decided to test their sirens on a day when we had some severe weather on the way. Left me running around trying to figure out if it was real or a test.

A few hours later we had a real tornado warning, but they didn't bother running the sirens then. Luckily the tornado jumped back into the clouds before it got to us.

I don't know what geniuses they have running emergency sirens but I sure would like to have a discussion with them about "appropriate timing".

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, it is just after 3pm, no sirens yet which is odd because they usually test them in the am. Either they decided to wait another day, or they will go off later, if that is the case then I think there may be something more to it than just a test run... I will keep you posted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join