It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers of Reiki / The Spirt Science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by grainofsand

Originally posted by Teye22
I never said (nor anyone else) that Reiki practitioners could diagnose illnesses, or heal them.

So what exactly is the Reiki supposed to do which a good massage cannot achieve without the claims of invisible undetectable energy?
If you cannot diagnose or heal illness I'm curious why would one have any need for a Reiki 'treatment'

You can diagnose, I immediately went to a spot on a ladies mouth that had cancer.

Recently my daughter was suffering from a huge and very painful, ganglion cyst, it had been there for many months and kept getting bigger, I laid my hand on it, she could feel the heat, she called me a few days later, told me it was getting smaller and softer, in a couple weeks it completely disappeared.

Also had the same thing happen with a tumor on the back of my granddaughter's knee, it disappeared.

My diabetic daughter went in to a diabetic coma a few years back, the doctor told me her body chemistry was unsustainable for human life, she survived, the doctor had no explanation.

I have seen veins grow around blockages in a heart.

My son was told he would never speak again after a head injury after praying and laying hands on his head he was speaking within a few days, I have a long list.

You see these are the kind of claims which one would expect to attract huge word of mouth following.
I do wonder why these same amazing alleged results have never been repeated in any clinical trials - I guess we have to go back to a previous poster who claims worldwide cover-up by local/international media and the big pharma corps - It would perhaps be more likely that Reiki does not consistently repeat these magical cures when looked at critically.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Well I am not lying and there is proof my daughter was in the hospital and my son had a head injury, and my daughters had xrays that show what once was there is now gone.

I don't often talk about it on the forums because it is pointless.

Nothing I can say will make you believe me, and I am not a liar BTW.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Well I am not lying and there is proof my daughter was in the hospital and my son had a head injury, and my daughters had xrays that show what once was there is now gone.

I don't often talk about it on the forums because it is pointless.

Nothing I can say will make you believe me, and I am not a liar BTW.

I do not doubt you believe your Reiki produced the healing results as described.
I just make the note that as with all such claims there have been none ever proven to be due to the direct result of Reiki - It's all anecdotal only, but impressive as the anecdotal evidence may appear to be it does not seem to have spread very well throughout communities by word of mouth.

As I said previously, in the 90 years of the Reiki brand it has failed miserably to impress it's own market enough for 'cured' patients to passionately convince the world....or create crowds of afflicted waiting in line at the nearest 'good' practitioners premises.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well, I don't want to argue with anyone, I will say I am thankful for the small blessing and healings I have experienced in my life time, i wish there had been more.

I believe this topic came at the right moment, if anyone out there reads this will you pray for my dog she has pneumonia and not doing to good.
god bless.

I don't think Reiki is evil or dangerous, how can love and compassion with intent to ease the suffering of others be evil?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well, I don't want to argue with anyone, I will say I am thankful for the small blessing and healings I have experienced in my life time, i wish there had been more.

If you feel you have benefitted while no other has been harmed then I am happy for you.

I believe this topic came at the right moment, if anyone out there reads this will you pray for my dog she has pneumonia and not doing to good.
god bless.

I do not believe in any gods or higher powers so prayer is not in my toolbag.
I do however have human empathy and have spared a thought genuinely hoping your little furry friend recovers.

I don't think Reiki is evil or dangerous, how can love and compassion with intent to ease the suffering of others be evil?

I never use the religiously loaded term 'evil' but an over-reliance on any unproven alternative health therapy can certainly be dangerous if to the detriment of accepting more conventional options.
Take a serious dental abscess for example, I would be a fool to persist with unsuccessful Reiki treatment while refusing simple antibiotics which would certanly relieve the symptoms in a week or two.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I never said (nor anyone else) that Reiki practitioners could diagnose illnesses, or heal them.

So what exactly is the Reiki supposed to do which a good massage cannot achieve without the claims of invisible undetectable energy?
If you cannot diagnose or heal illness I'm curious why would one have any need for a Reiki 'treatment'

When I feel a difference in energy while scanning, it represents an imbalance in energy somewhere in the body, by practicing Reiki, we simply re-balance the energy in that area. Most times, where those imbalances are located, it is where the receiver has an injury, pain, illness, etc. This does not tell me...he has this, he has that...I simply treat the areas as I fell should be done (instinctively). Sometimes, healing can occur 100%, sometimes, it take a few or many sessions, depending on the severity. However, if the receiver does not accept the treatment/energy (he/she wouldn't be there to begin with IMO), it more than likely will do nothing.

But we have NO control on the result. As stated here by others, we simply allow the source energy to go through our body and out our hand into the receiver. When I meet someone that approaches me for a session for a serious injury, I always tell them that they should see a professional (doctor). But most times, they want me to go ahead anyway. Then I tell them what I just told you, and that if it persists, to see their doctor.The receiver's body will react accordingly. We do not heal, the receiver heals himself with this energy, this is why we are tought to NEVER take credit for the outcome, because this brings out the ego and this is not good for anyone.

I understand that you are skeptical about Reiki and I respect that, i metionned earlier to get attuned and try it for yourself. Now I see that I was wrong in saying that. But I would recommend, if you wish, to see a practitioner for 1 session and be open minded and accepting towards the energy to appreciate the experience fully.

And for those that think that this is a money scam, I do no know any other practitionner that do not have another job to make ends meet unless they really have a thriving practice (5-6 clients a day, constant). The prices are 50$ for a session in my area, and as I mentionned, some insurance companies will refund this amount (mine does). And for attuning sessions, Level I cost me 125$ (1 day training +1 afternoon practice), level II - 150$(1 day training +1 afternoon practice), and level III + master teacher - 225$ (2 days including practice). this is spread over a few years and are not mandatory so I do not find it too expensive, considering the material offered (books, handouts, etc). Now I know that prices may vary per area, but this is what I pay/charge and I make receipts for insurance claims and declare the income. I will not however, charge family and close friends, but an exchange is encouraged, be it monetary, or a service, etc.

According to what I have read, hhen Reiki was first introduced to the West many years ago, it used to cost around 10,000$ for only level I.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

But I would recommend, if you wish, to see a practitioner for 1 session and be open minded and accepting towards the energy to appreciate the experience fully.

I shall wait until the numbers of people claiming amazing results reaches the point that I bump into someone outside of a niche internet forum.
As I've said before, there are no crowds of afflicted outside the doors of Reiki practitioners, social media (where I actually know the people in 'real' life) is not buzzing about the wonders of Reiki, and word of mouth has so far not spread to my wide social circle of friends and aquaintances.

I remain surprised by the failure of Reiki as a brand to reach greater popular support after 90 years of allegedly helping so many people in such clear, impressive and obvious ways as claimed by practitioners.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

I do not doubt that you perceive this 'energy work' to be real, I shall remain skeptical however, as long not a single clinical trial provides any evidence to support the wild claims of some Reiki practitioners.

The only thing handwaving like reiki does is make the patients wallet lighter, and the hand waver's wallet heavier.

I've never charged a dime.
2nd

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by hellobruce

I do not doubt that you perceive this 'energy work' to be real, I shall remain skeptical however, as long not a single clinical trial provides any evidence to support the wild claims of some Reiki practitioners.

The only thing handwaving like reiki does is make the patients wallet lighter, and the hand waver's wallet heavier.

I've never charged a dime.
2nd

Excellent, you are safe from any possible accusations of deceptive trade practices then.
Your particular situation in no way invalidates the implied message in hellobruce's reply though.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But I would recommend, if you wish, to see a practitioner for 1 session and be open minded and accepting towards the energy to appreciate the experience fully.

I shall wait until the numbers of people claiming amazing results reaches the point that I bump into someone outside of a niche internet forum.
As I've said before, there are no crowds of afflicted outside the doors of Reiki practitioners, social media (where I actually know the people in 'real' life) is not buzzing about the wonders of Reiki, and word of mouth has so far not spread to my wide social circle of friends and aquaintances.

I remain surprised by the failure of Reiki as a brand to reach greater popular support after 90 years of allegedly helping so many people in such clear, impressive and obvious ways as claimed by practitioners.

Some research
www.centerforreikiresearch.org...

You do have to register to gain access..but its free etc. You all keep stating that there's no research, no studies, it's not popular, yada yada. What you say isn't true. *shrug

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hi grain,

I would like to add that our hospital has Reiki practitioners.

I live in a big medical community, two major hospitals and both do alternative therapies.

It is also taught at our community college.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzo

Would have been nice and kind if you had explained a bit about what it is really you were trying to discuss on this thread since some of us do not have bandwidth and patience to watch you tube videos.

What is Reiki in your own words?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's really simple: there's a huge difference between directly accessing the really simple and basic energy of this loving Universe, Great Spirit, Chi, ki, etc. and accessing energies that are being strung through a lineage of hundreds of thousands of practioners (i.e. the Reiki crowd who believes you need to somehow be "initiated" into accessing the loving powers of the Universe.)

When you hook up to this energy directly, no corruption; no negative side effects in recipients; and clairvoyants and other energy sensitives like me don't see a horrific array of entities, none of them NICE, aligning in that "healer's" energy field.

When you hook up to this energy using an intermediary -- and I don't care whether that intermediary is a Catholic priest, a wannabe "shaman" who claims to have a sole hook up to love and light, or a Reiki teacher --- you're going to take on ALL the illness, distortion, and collective CRRAAPPP that that lineage has gathered over time.

I've helped so many people who received Reiki "healings" and whose lives immediately went to CRAAAPPP afterwards; it's a process of unhooking from the stuff the Reiki healer plugged them in to.

And I've also been horrified at how many lovely psychically open, spiritually gifted people took a Reiki initiation and then had their natural psychic gifts TAKEN OUT....and then they convey a typhoid Mary type of psychic contagion to anybody who receives Reiki healing from them.

Again, Reiki is NOT a neutral thing at this point.

If you want to go "spiritually online" with the immense, loving energies of this vast universe, you don't need anybody to hook you up; in fact, I've found that you can't outsource your spiritual development -- you have to find the keys of love, feeling, action, and creation within you to go "online."

And anybody who offers this process to you ----- yoga teacher, metaphysical guru, religious teacher, Reiki "master" --- might be very well-intentioned but is, without often being aware of it, hooked into a variety of entity attachments who are NOT neutral, who are in fact ARCHONS on the negative interdimensional/ET spectrum --- and that's going to cloud your spiritual process.

Do you think people like me post for shiitts and giggles about this stuff?

Do you think we're stupid?

Do you think we're liars?

Sorry; *blaaaah* (insert negative bell sound) you're wrong; but thank you for playing !

People here who have had 1) questionable 2) clearly negative or 3) annoying effects after receiving a Reiki treatment or Reiki initiation will see the truth within my posts.

Everybody else, well, it's a rich array of energies out there; at some point when you move past "color blindness" (i.e. seeing anything that conveys heat, intensity, short term bliss, short term "healing" --- and then later on everything goes to CRAAAPPP in your life) you might want to look over my past posts on this subjects.

To everybody else, I wish you all the best!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have always been a skeptic, but a friends mother has been giving me free reiki sessions once a month for the last 6 months. I have had some pretty strange experiences that I can not explain in a scientific way so my skepticism has been challenged.

There is an increasing amount of scientific evidence to suggest meditation is beneficial to health and the brains abilities. Reiki to me, has a very similar effect as meditation, so I have no doubt it as positive medical benefits.

It's always the church that wants to get in the way of things it does not understand.
edit on 19-1-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join