It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers of Reiki / The Spirt Science

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm a level II, and I love reiki, actually I love energy work of all kinds. It's becoming more and more mainstream in hospitals and clinics all the time. I've seen several news broadcasts and newspaper articles about it over the last couple of years.

I don't think anyone is making any claims about it being some miracle cure-all. Reiki is a form of energy healing that a practitioner delivers to the recipient who can then use it however they see fit. How well it works depends more on the person receiving the energy than the person delivering it. Maybe it's a placebo, but if it works, more power to it!. Personally, I'm very sensitive to how energy feels, especially in my hands, and don't believe for a second that it's a placebo.

I don't believe that a person needs a guru or a reiki master or even training to be able to channel healing energy into another person, animal or the planet. Actually, that's one thing that I don't resonate with when it comes to reiki or other forms of energy work with expensive training programs. Healing should be more about individuals, their intentions and the personal techniques that feel "right" to them rather than staying within the confines of strict rules and lineages.

I think it's very important to set an intention that you won't use any of your own energy, which not only prevents draining, but also prevents any of your own "stuff" from contaminating the energy stream. It's also important to set the intention that you won't pick up another person's symptoms or "stuff". It's all about intention and focus. The more you practice and pay attention, the more sensitive you'll become.

All it takes is an intention to connect with the Source in as pure a manner as possible, and to visualize/feel that energy streaming in through the top of the head or heart, and out through the hands and/or eyes into the recipient. It's not much different than prayer.

I also think it's important to keep the ego completely out of it. I don't consider myself a healer. I consider myself a conduit, the delivery person only. I make chakra jewelry and energy artwork that is reiki inspired, and then attuned specifically for the person who buys it. Everything I do is infused with the energy of love, light, healing energy, and positive effects in every way for everyone and everything....there's nothing evil about it. It's intended to uplift and connect the person to the Source. What they choose to do with it is completely up to them.

Oddly, it seems to be the most religious people that have the biggest problem with it. Sometimes people allow their religion to box them in which can instill fear of what's outside the box. For the record, I believe that Jesus was the ultimate energy healer because of his pure connection to God.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You all are missing the point of this thread i made and i doubt even 90% of you listend to the whole thing and i see some of you didn't even watch it all and thats pretty ignorant .

People are sitting here talking about how people are so close minded on Reiki and Spiritual energy yet wont take into account that there are higher beings that could also use spirit energy for evil .

Rules can be bent and broken , Just because you think Reiki was made to heal and so fourth its just as possible that there are way's to make ANYTHING evil and use for the dark.

She goes on to talk about Greys and Using Different Mantras to do EVIL Dark work , I think its entirely possible .
Just because you havent experienced it doesn't mean its not possible .

I think its very interesting .

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The reason they got problems with the Reiki is because they pronounce it wrong. It's Ricky not Reiki. My uncles did called me Riiki though

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I watched the video, but didn't watch the second part. The woman in the video started out by being a medium who communicated with the dead. She then started channeling Abraham and then later, after her reiki attunement, what she calls a demon. When people dabble in the occult, they run a much higher risk of attracting dark entities who might very well use trickery as a means of manipulation. It sounds like she was heavily into being "guided" by these beings, even before she pursued reiki. There's nothing about reiki that suggests communicating with beings other than connecting with Source energy.

Some people choose to listen to channeled beings, assigning them names, believing their messages, acting on their guidance. I suppose it's possible that a non-benevolent entity took advantage of her openness to being "guided", Maybe she's weak willed or gullible, maybe even mentally unstable which provided even more of an opening for a dark energy attachment. She opened that door when she dabbled in the occult. Reiki has nothing to do with the occult. I don't know anything about grays, and frankly, towards the end of the first video, I got the impression that she might be very gullible, suggestible and easily led. There's nothing wrong with being that way, but it might not be the best personality type for occult dabblings.

I don't believe that reiki should be viewed as something dangerous. People can be dangerous based on their intentions, and there might be the rare person who would use reiki or other energy work as a way to hurt someone rather than help, although I've never heard of that being done. Based on my experience, I can say with complete confidence that through my work, I've been exposed to hundreds of reiki people and alternative healers, and they are the nicest, kindest group of people I've ever had the privilege of being associated with.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by IandEye
I'm not going to watch the vid but I'm going to post anyhow.....
me: was reiki master for years, degree in buddhism/premed, sanskrit

the energy isn't negative but the consequences can be.

I gave one treatment to a 22-yo girl who'd never had a period- the next day she bled and it scared her so badly she went crazy.

I haven't done a session since.

Considering she is 22, it would appear you did her a good service. Isnt she supposed to get her Period
What kind of crazy do you mean?

she couldnt handle such a significant change so quickly and sort of "lost it"....projecting her own demons onto those closest to her.
maybe it was because she was a devout Christian and we were working at Habitat For Humanity, where Jesus is ever-present but I suppose anything actually resembling the catalystic Jesus is just too real.

Reiki is evil if Jesus is evil: God has a plan and we think we should change it? its so natural in the US to avoid suffering at all costs, even when that pain exists to help us let go......
edit on 30-12-2012 by IandEye because: thoughts

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Thank you so much for answering my questions. X
Happy new year sister

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand
From everything I've ever read there does not appear to be any evidence of harm to people through the use of Reiki - aside from the obvious examples of patients ignoring any other available conventional treatments.

Equally however, I have never read anything to lead me towards an opinion that Reiki has any positive effect to illness aside from a placebo perspective.

I am forever amazed at the amount of alleged anecdotal 'evidence' which never seems to be achieved in clinical tests - hmm, strange one - perhaps this unprovable untestable mysterious spiritual magic only works when nobody is looking too critically at it.

Get initiated and try it for yourself, you will fell what we mean. Once attuned to it, one can really fell the energy around a person, this is how we do our energy work. Its easy to say it cant be proven or its bull.. when you havent lived it. I used to feel the same way untill my wife gave me a session as a gift and I received my very first treatment.

I was attuned less that 6 months after this, it has changed my life. For the better of course!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustLu

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
This is fascinating to me but since i don't (or wont) practice can you please answer a question, those of you who do.....
Can you tell the differentce when someone has been cut or operated on or cancer treatment, what does that feel like to your signals?

The answer is yes for me. With my hands a few inches above the body, as I near a 'problem area' I feel an intense heat and tingling sensation radiating thru my palms and fingers.

So, in the 90 years since people started claiming medical treatment results under the Reiki brand, why has anecdotal evidence not been impressive enough to force it's way into the face of the scientific 'establishment' ?
Why is there no evidence from clinical trials anywhere which supports the claims?

Don't tell me, it's all a cover-up by the state educational and research institutions? Every Lecturer/Doctor/Professor and Masters/PhD student is in on it, secretly silenced and funded by the big Pharma cartels? I'm always amused by the numbers of people making such claims who have never actually studied in higher education.

I tend to think that the simplest explanation is more likely, Reiki does not work as claimed.

Actually, Reiki IS recognized...at least in my area (link). There are many nurses that have received attunements so that they may offer it to patients if they wish. My insurance company will refund up too 200$ a month for such treatments.

Did you try to pick up a book to read on the subject. Try "Reiki Essentials" by Diane Stein. A very well prepared work. A must read if you want more info on Reiki. I purchased it and read it many times, I have used it to develop in this path.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22

From everything I've ever read there does not appear to be any evidence of harm to people through the use of Reiki - aside from the obvious examples of patients ignoring any other available conventional treatments.

Equally however, I have never read anything to lead me towards an opinion that Reiki has any positive effect to illness aside from a placebo perspective.

I am forever amazed at the amount of alleged anecdotal 'evidence' which never seems to be achieved in clinical tests - hmm, strange one - perhaps this unprovable untestable mysterious spiritual magic only works when nobody is looking too critically at it.

Get initiated and try it for yourself, you will fell what we mean.

I have never suffered from a condition or ailment which has not been adequately treated by conventional medicine. There is no obvious need in my life for any attempt at 'initiating' myself in Reiki.

Once attuned to it, one can really fell the energy around a person, this is how we do our energy work. Its easy to say it cant be proven or its bull.. when you havent lived it. I used to feel the same way untill my wife gave me a session as a gift and I received my very first treatment.

I was attuned less that 6 months after this, it has changed my life. For the better of course!

I do not doubt that you perceive this 'energy work' to be real, I shall remain skeptical however, as long not a single clinical trial provides any evidence to support the wild claims of some Reiki practitioners.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by grainofsand

let alone the average person on the street.

Yeah, you go ask the 'average person' what Reiki is. Go on. Go walk downtown, and ask every person you meet if they know what Reiki is. I guarantee you 98% of them, haven't even got a clue, let alone how to spell it.

Hmm, yep thanks, that just supports my disbelief that this amazing magical cure has not managed to gain fame and huge popular belief with crowds of people queuing up for the service at local practitioners.
I just had a check at my local area, found a few practitioners operating out of private homes, come on, if it was so successful I would expect a decent size clinic or two in the 90 years of the Reiki brand being practiced.

Actualy, there are many Reiki clinics. Just google "Reiki Clinics", do some research maybe....you will find a whole lot of statements from people having received either attunements and or treatments WITH results. just take a few minutes and search the net....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

This is fascinating to me but since i don't (or wont) practice can you please answer a question, those of you who do.....
Can you tell the differentce when someone has been cut or operated on or cancer treatment, what does that feel like to your signals?

The answer is yes for me. With my hands a few inches above the body, as I near a 'problem area' I feel an intense heat and tingling sensation radiating thru my palms and fingers.

So, in the 90 years since people started claiming medical treatment results under the Reiki brand, why has anecdotal evidence not been impressive enough to force it's way into the face of the scientific 'establishment' ?
Why is there no evidence from clinical trials anywhere which supports the claims?

Don't tell me, it's all a cover-up by the state educational and research institutions? Every Lecturer/Doctor/Professor and Masters/PhD student is in on it, secretly silenced and funded by the big Pharma cartels? I'm always amused by the numbers of people making such claims who have never actually studied in higher education.

I tend to think that the simplest explanation is more likely, Reiki does not work as claimed.

Actually, Reiki IS recognized...at least in my area (link).

I followed the link you provided, "The Canadian Reiki Association" - That is hardly proof that Reiki is recognised, just an independent trade body for Reiki practitioners.

I note the following from the code of ethics provided in your link:

Members will not claim that Reiki can cure, nor will they diagnose any medical problems or prescribe, nor will they ever advise a client to stop taking medications, unless qualified to do so.

Kind of says it all really.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by grainofsand

let alone the average person on the street.

Yeah, you go ask the 'average person' what Reiki is. Go on. Go walk downtown, and ask every person you meet if they know what Reiki is. I guarantee you 98% of them, haven't even got a clue, let alone how to spell it.

Hmm, yep thanks, that just supports my disbelief that this amazing magical cure has not managed to gain fame and huge popular belief with crowds of people queuing up for the service at local practitioners.
I just had a check at my local area, found a few practitioners operating out of private homes, come on, if it was so successful I would expect a decent size clinic or two in the 90 years of the Reiki brand being practiced.

Actualy, there are many Reiki clinics. Just google "Reiki Clinics", do some research maybe....you will find a whole lot of statements from people having received either attunements and or treatments WITH results. just take a few minutes and search the net....

Anecdotal only. There are no clinical trials anywhere to support the claims of Reiki practitioners.
As I said previously, if it worked so well, word of mouth would have done the job in the 90 years of the Reiki brand - it hasn't.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LipstickMystic
One man I know received a Reiki treatment and FLATLINED in front of me until we figured out he was under extreme psychic attack; I

Notice that he was in front of YOU when that happenned and NOT in front of the Reiki Practitionner. You seem to be looking for proof that Reiki works....or you are simply against it and trying to prove it to be BAD.

All those claims (hundreds as you said) that you HAVE that are bad results from Reiki. Did THEY have SOLID PROOF that it came from Reiki. If so please post it here, but I seriously doubt you have that do you?

and Psychic attacks
THAT my friend is not reiki, I have never heard of anyone in Reiki that can use Reiki for Psychic attacks.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The Reiki Council is a voluntary inedependant trade body representing practitioners in the UK and it appears their code of ethics has the same disclaimer to protect themselves:
www.reikicouncil.org.uk...

Claims, whether explicit or implied, verbally or in writing, implying cure of any named disease must be avoided.

...again, that speaks volumes to me. If the evidence was strong enough to support the claims then such a disclaimer would not be necessary.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Actually, Reiki IS recognized...at least in my area (link).

I followed the link you provided, "The Canadian Reiki Association" - That is hardly proof that Reiki is recognised, just an independent trade body for Reiki practitioners.

I note the following from the code of ethics provided in your link:

Members will not claim that Reiki can cure, nor will they diagnose any medical problems or prescribe, nor will they ever advise a client to stop taking medications, unless qualified to do so.

Kind of says it all really.

I never said (nor anyone else) that Reiki practitioners could diagnose illnesses, or heal them. Being a Reiki practionner doesn't make you a doctor in any way. Chosing to be intiated is a path we chose to follow. It is indeed still taboo in these times as it is not that popular or well known, I must give you that, I know a lot of people that are either practitioners or clients, and this circle is getting bigger and bigger as time flows.

I had only posted that link as a source of info, it was not meant as proof of its recognition, sorry for that. I just thought that there was alot of info on this site like many others like it. Obviously, this is one subject that you have to "live it to beleive it".

And I do understand your skepticism, I used to feel the same way. That has changed for me and maybe it will for you also in the future.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I never said (nor anyone else) that Reiki practitioners could diagnose illnesses, or heal them.

So what exactly is the Reiki supposed to do which a good massage cannot achieve without the claims of invisible undetectable energy?
If you cannot diagnose or heal illness I'm curious why would one have any need for a Reiki 'treatment'

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I do not doubt that you perceive this 'energy work' to be real, I shall remain skeptical however, as long not a single clinical trial provides any evidence to support the wild claims of some Reiki practitioners.

The only thing handwaving like reiki does is make the patients wallet lighter, and the hand waver's wallet heavier.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LipstickMystic

HUGE array of things ranging from any emotional crap they've gone through during their day before they do a session with someone;

I am not going to disagree with that, but I will argue that the practitioners mindset only lessens the healing energy, it doesn't transfer anything.

As a Christian Reiki practitioner I have had many experiences, I know when the time is right, I do it very seldom,

I can't find the words to express how one feels when you are in this frame of mind.

I did laying on of hands before I did Reiki, and I have seen miracles with both,

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

The only thing handwaving like reiki does is make the patients wallet lighter, and the hand waver's wallet heavier.

I have never charged anyone, I don't believe in that.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I never said (nor anyone else) that Reiki practitioners could diagnose illnesses, or heal them.

So what exactly is the Reiki supposed to do which a good massage cannot achieve without the claims of invisible undetectable energy?
If you cannot diagnose or heal illness I'm curious why would one have any need for a Reiki 'treatment'

You can diagnose, I immediately went to a spot on a ladies mouth that had cancer.

Recently my daughter was suffering from a huge and very painful, ganglion cyst, it had been there for many months and kept getting bigger, I laid my hand on it, she could feel the heat, she called me a few days later, told me it was getting smaller and softer, in a couple weeks it completely disappeared.

Also had the same thing happen with a tumor on the back of my granddaughter's knee, it disappeared.

My diabetic daughter went in to a diabetic coma a few years back, the doctor told me her body chemistry was unsustainable for human life, she survived, the doctor had no explanation.

I have seen veins grow around blockages in a heart.

My son was told he would never speak again after a head injury after praying and laying hands on his head he was speaking within a few days, I have a long list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join