The Dangers of Reiki / The Spirt Science

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5
 


That is what I am working on. I want to be a holistic health practitioner because I think the corporate trickery of the pharmaceutical companies and food industry is just sick. Doctors these days have no more idea about curing disease, than opening up the 'If X disease, give X prescription." books...It's absolutely appalling. I considered taking a Reiki or Quantum Touch Healing class to bolster my treatment options.




posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 


Strange response.

You re telling that you are practicing, and dont want to hear that you could be playing with fire ?

yes - right ?



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone12
 


I hold as much faith in this anonymous lady as I do the anonymous 'High-Level Masons'.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 


Strange response.

You re telling that you are practicing, and dont want to hear that you could be playing with fire ?

yes - right ?


ahhh no. please reread what I wrote and answer the question if you can, that's all.
Curiosity in the interest of education is all.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 


- no idea what you re going at, but yes i took the trouble searching back what you could ve ment.

Something about cancer.

You mean that the energy field is causing cancer..?
yes i believe that, too.
So ?
Does that imply that fallen souls are entitled to mess with those same energy fields ?
ofcourse not.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone12
 


You are right, you have no idea.
Please never mind



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
This is fascinating to me but since i don't (or wont) practice can you please answer a question, those of you who do.....
Can you tell the differentce when someone has been cut or operated on or cancer treatment, what does that feel like to your signals?


If I am reading your question correctly, you want to know if one is able to pick up on specific areas? For me, the answer is yes. I only work in the energy fields around a person. Some practitioners only touch certain areas to allow the energy to flow. I am able to scan a persons energy fiend and feel differences with in it. Here are a few examples to maybe help you understand.

One person came to me who had just been diagnosed with cancer. I asked him not to tell me where the cancer was. I start at the head, about 4/6 inches away from the body. I can feel the energy change around his collar bone area, it went from warm around his throat to tingling around the collar bone. Now tingling is a feeling I have only got with cancer patients. I asked if his cancer was in this area and he confirmed it was. He had been diagnosed with throat cancer.

Another client came after having had a stroke. He had been in physical therapy for 6 months because his hand on his right side remained numb and cold to the touch. So I scanned his arm and didn't find any thing there. I started at the top of his head and got down to his left shoulder blade, I felt a change in the field there, it became warm. So I remained there for about 5 minutes when he said he was getting a sensation run down his right arm. A couple more minutes he said he felt a "woosh shoot down his arm" and his feeling in his hand was back. He said it felt like energy shot down his arm clearing it out. His hand had feeling again and was no longer cold.

I hope that answers your question.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by summer5
 


That is what I am working on. I want to be a holistic health practitioner because I think the corporate trickery of the pharmaceutical companies and food industry is just sick. Doctors these days have no more idea about curing disease, than opening up the 'If X disease, give X prescription." books...It's absolutely appalling. I considered taking a Reiki or Quantum Touch Healing class to bolster my treatment options.


I agree with what you are saying. Mainstream medicine is all about covering up the problem, not healing it. Most pharmaceuticals are band aids at best. Sadly, there are MANY who put more into a pill than into healing within themselves.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
From everything I've ever read there does not appear to be any evidence of harm to people through the use of Reiki - aside from the obvious examples of patients ignoring any other available conventional treatments.

Equally however, I have never read anything to lead me towards an opinion that Reiki has any positive effect to illness aside from a placebo perspective.

I am forever amazed at the amount of alleged anecdotal 'evidence' which never seems to be achieved in clinical tests - hmm, strange one - perhaps this unprovable untestable mysterious spiritual magic only works when nobody is looking too critically at it.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
This is fascinating to me but since i don't (or wont) practice can you please answer a question, those of you who do.....
Can you tell the differentce when someone has been cut or operated on or cancer treatment, what does that feel like to your signals?


The answer is yes for me. With my hands a few inches above the body, as I near a 'problem area' I feel an intense heat and tingling sensation radiating thru my palms and fingers.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustLu

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
This is fascinating to me but since i don't (or wont) practice can you please answer a question, those of you who do.....
Can you tell the differentce when someone has been cut or operated on or cancer treatment, what does that feel like to your signals?


The answer is yes for me. With my hands a few inches above the body, as I near a 'problem area' I feel an intense heat and tingling sensation radiating thru my palms and fingers.


So, in the 90 years since people started claiming medical treatment results under the Reiki brand, why has anecdotal evidence not been impressive enough to force it's way into the face of the scientific 'establishment' ?
Why is there no evidence from clinical trials anywhere which supports the claims?

Don't tell me, it's all a cover-up by the state educational and research institutions? Every Lecturer/Doctor/Professor and Masters/PhD student is in on it, secretly silenced and funded by the big Pharma cartels? I'm always amused by the numbers of people making such claims who have never actually studied in higher education.

I tend to think that the simplest explanation is more likely, Reiki does not work as claimed.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Having listened to the audio, there are a few things that can be stated:

Sounds like she had a bad trip. And a very bad trip. Apart from a fundalmentalist christian, and one that sounds like a bad acting when it comes to describing an abduction of an alien.

Her description of the actual Reiki process was fully off, as it is broken down to three classes, at each level there is a long discussion, and process that explains what it is, what the symbols are and what they are suppose to do. Along with the purpose behind each of the stages. It is not, according to most who teach this process, done to have all three levels done all at once, that way the person gets used to such and practice, as it can alter ones life. And it is funny that the person talking did not mention the precepts or mantra that is suppose to be given or even mention the linage of who her teachers were and how it all connected back to the founder of Reiki.

From listening to many parts of this series, it is simply a matter of where as it is not from or a part of a sanctioned christian belief, then it is considrered evil right off the bat, and people percieve it as such.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand
 





I am forever amazed at the amount of alleged anecdotal 'evidence' which never seems to be achieved in clinical tests


You would be surprised how many 'clinical tests' they have sabotaged, and how easy it would be or is for them.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzo
 


Stopped the first clip at 7:45. There's enough demented bull in that time to last ten lifetimes.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by grainofsand
 





I am forever amazed at the amount of alleged anecdotal 'evidence' which never seems to be achieved in clinical tests


You would be surprised how many 'clinical tests' they have sabotaged, and how easy it would be or is for them.


I probably wouldn't be surprised where upper levels of funding research trials is concerned.
That said though, I am equally surprised that the Reiki community have not commissioned research to support the so far unsupported claims. If it's so obvious then it should be easy to show clear results.
As a side note, I'd believe in any religious/spiritual healing claims the day someone does something actually impressive like re-grow amputated limbs - strange how nobody ever pulls stuff like that off.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand
 

There is a fundamental problem with the medical community as it stands, and that being all of the red tape that is required for new medical proceedures to get approved. They different from country to country and the western medical community is in a far worse shape than its counterparts.

Consider this: The average lifespan of a doctor is far shorter than the patients that doctor will treat. This is medical fact, and has been well documented. New treatments are hard to get approved, and ultimately are often considered fringe elements, especially if they cross some "Moral" lines, even if they have been shown to work in other countries, and have been duplicated.

Doctor's offices are nothing more these days than a show room for the latest drugs that hit the market. And when money is involved all other considerations go out the _

If you want more proof, then here it is:

Accupunture, a practice done in China for hundreds of years, was not even considered valid or thought of being practicle until the 1970's in the US. And it was not until 2009 that the benefits of meditation was released.

Then there is the studies that show promise and viable results that are buried, as it would mean a lose of money for the medical community. They are not in it to cure people, but to make money by putting a bandaid on. If you think that this is ridiculous, then take a look at the chicken study on RA. Turned out the cartilage in chickens can help those stricken with RA and make it so those affected with such do not end up with pain or discomfort from their condition.


Medical science does not look at or consider alternative health unless they can see a profit in it. Hence why there has been no real study of Reiki.

And there are studies out there, though not as a mainstream means of healing, but as a means to assist in the healing process, where studies have been done, such as The American Cancer Society, have done to show the benefits of having Reiki done as well as the chemo and cancer treatments.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by grainofsand
 

There is a fundamental problem with the medical community as it stands, and that being all of the red tape that is required for new medical proceedures to get approved. They different from country to country and the western medical community is in a far worse shape than its counterparts.

Consider this: The average lifespan of a doctor is far shorter than the patients that doctor will treat. This is medical fact, and has been well documented. New treatments are hard to get approved, and ultimately are often considered fringe elements, especially if they cross some "Moral" lines, even if they have been shown to work in other countries, and have been duplicated.

Doctor's offices are nothing more these days than a show room for the latest drugs that hit the market. And when money is involved all other considerations go out the _

So are you asserting that Reiki works and it is all a big worldwide cover-up stopping the practitioners from being able to prove results?


And there are studies out there, though not as a mainstream means of healing, but as a means to assist in the healing process, where studies have been done, such as The American Cancer Society, have done to show the benefits of having Reiki done as well as the chemo and cancer treatments.


Hmm, just got this off the American Cancer Society website:www.cancer.org...


There are anecdotal reports that Reiki increases relaxation and sense of well-being. Some evidence suggests that Reiki may help reduce pain in patients with advanced cancer, but past studies of Reiki have not generally been rigorously designed and controlled. Other studies have shown no reduction in pain. Available scientific evidence does not support claims that Reiki can treat cancer.

That does not support your claims on their behalf very well.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand
 





Available scientific evidence


There's your problem right there.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by grainofsand
 





Available scientific evidence


There's your problem right there.

I would assert that it is more of a problem for Reiki pratitioners rather than myself.
...and I'm still curious, are you really asserting that Reiki works and it is all a big worldwide cover-up stopping the practitioners from being able to prove these alleged obvious results?



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Churchianity has killed more people than Reiki. Churchianity has damaged almost inifinitely more people than Reiki. By the time this post has been completed even more people will be damaged.

I call disinfo!

Tiger5





top topics
 
4
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join