It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Famous UFO Researcher Stanton Friedman Gives Interview About Aliens/UFOS/Disclosure, Dec 21, 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Please don't derail this thread and bore us to death with extraordinarily long posts in hopes of trying to convince us that the flake Billy Meier is at all creditable. Maybe you could start a new thread for that?

ETA: (disregard, I see you've already taken steps, thanks.)

Back on topic:
OP nice thread thanks for sharing, good interview. I am somewhat on the fence with Stanton Friedman although I respect his credentials and his extensive work on those Majestic documents and others.
However as Bskivs3 mentioned previously, my jaw dropped when I saw the opening credit of Third phase of the moon. They are responsible for hundreds and hundreds of CGI generated videos depicting various false sightings of ufo's, specifically with the implication of extraterrestrial in nature. Obviously fake, computer generated material confusing and misleading then entire community.
Why in the world would Stanton even associate himself with, or allowed to be interviewed by, such a group without looking into their own credibility and reputation is beyond me. I've found him to be historically intolerant of falsehoods and fakes such as Bob Lazar.
Check out some of these articles:
www.stantonfriedman.com...

edit on 21-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I personally can't stand Stanton Friedman. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard him boast about being a Nuclear Physicist...well, I'd have a lot of money.
Its the implications he makes... 'Im a nuclear physicist. Therefore, I'm knowledgeable about UFOs? And in such, I can say that (insert another researcher's name) doesn't know squat.'

He's a douche, IMO.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Originally posted by bskivss3
Interviewed by ThirdPhaseOfMoon?

This is the first time I watched a ThirdPhaseOfMoon interview and I must say this guy had some good and interesting questions for Stanton. So far I like ThirdPhaseOfMoon, nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong with the interview as far as I could tell, but it's the cgi ufo videos that ThirdPhaseOftheMoon create and flood the youtube community, (and some have even made it to local news broadcasts), that has embarrased and humiliated serious researchers in the eyes of the skeptical public, who now consider any video capture of an unidentified object as just another cgi fake, this really hampers efforts to gain necessary full on public support toward disclosure.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Stanton interview was very good. Alot of common sense and details on industry, very well done.

Third Phase of the Moon on the other hand annoys me completely. I subscribed to them to keep an eye on their channel. They have some real footage, and I don't know if the people are giving them sole rights to their videos, or what is going on. I would never do that. Some of it is very interesting, not good camera ship, has an ordinary person feel to it, and is interesting capture, in the typical poor quality we expect. But, some are such obvious fakes and they don't seem to care.

What bothers me is the tie in to journalism with that channel as well, which gives me the warning of PTB tie in.

I've often wondered if by keeping on top of things, trying to secure video's from others, mixing real ones with frauds, they are casting a real slant on everything, and able to steer public opinion the way they would like to.

So I keep tabs on them.

But it was a very good interview.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
reply to post by gortex

Hey Gortex - I'm not sorry to disagree.

Billy says he met "aliens" - Billy took Photos.
Billy say's some of his photo's were tampered with in order to discredit him. Sounds reasonable right? If the American Government can assisnate it's own presidents on a public stage, surely switching a few photo's isn't beyond the realm of belief?

As I say, the largest conspiracy site on the web has branded him a hoax on very little evidence - That must make it so... Follow the trend and disregard my opinion if it makes life easier for your self..
edit on 21-12-2012 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

I'm not a fan of the Billy Meier story, but I also accept that it could be true, and one thing to consider, if someone came forward with such claims that were in actual fact true, wouldn't TPTB do all they could to discredit them? I would also suggest that other people, who's claims may be far-fetched, have been subjected to the same kind of treatment.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I'm with you...he's a pleb who like Mr Disclosure himself, "I'm a Physician therefore you should believe me", just do it to promote there next fictional novel! It's all about the money folks.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thank you for posting. I love listening to Stanton's opinion. His credentials and intelligence are notable, and he is a positive in he UFO community. He will be remembered fondly, and if there was a Hall of Fame for Ufologists, he has to be first ballot.

Yet, he has been called a Government disinformation analyst. He is devisive, even within the small UFO community. Lazar followers tend to dislike Friedman, for some of his opinions on Lazar's story. He has also battled other Roswell researchers, when perhaps they could have broken it (had they worked together).

I get some of the criticism. Yet, Friedman holds a special place with me.

Billy Meier: not quote there.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Stanton Friedman has always shown good perspective whenever he speaks. I admire the way he talks, too — sprinkled with humor, self-effacing, non-arrogant.

That host of Third Phase of the Moon, however, is some wacky oddball. Harmless and inquisitive yes, but an oddball

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've met and spoken with Stan Friedman and we exchange e-mails now and then. He has a lot of good information - some of which he is keeping to himself, understandably, I suppose. A bit of a self-aggrandizing opportunist, perhaps, but still a welcome and more level-headed spokesperson of Ufology than many others, such as:

ThirdPhaseMoon
. What was Stan thinking agreeing to be interviewed by these clowns!? C'mon Stan - you need someone on staff to vet your inquisitors a bit more carefully! Ok, so we know you're a good guy, smart, and a capable researcher - don't be such a media-whore that you jump into the sack with the likes of 3rdPhase before checking them out.

I won't dignify 3rdPhase here by linking to them, but if you want to see what we're so disgusted about, just go to their site and check out their cheesy self-made "journalism" videos on their so-called "actual" alien sitings and "attacks". Oh, brother. Are we to believe that they can't come up with something better than that? The same bug-eyed over-the-top rubber-critters in over-dramatization scenarios with screaming children, skimpy-dressed teenage girls, hunters in the woods... And funny how the identical rubber-alien shows up in Mexico, the Philippines... yadda-yadda...

Anyway, a few points against Stan for stooping to this level. Stick with the Roswell and NewAger crowd, Stan - the speaking fees and comped hotel rooms will give you plenty of book-signing&selling opportunities. My advice: distance yourself from the quacks at 3rdfartofmoon...
edit on 12/26/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by ObservingYou
reply to post by gortex

Hey Gortex - I'm not sorry to disagree.

Billy says he met "aliens" - Billy took Photos.
Billy say's some of his photo's were tampered with in order to discredit him. Sounds reasonable right? If the American Government can assisnate it's own presidents on a public stage, surely switching a few photo's isn't beyond the realm of belief?

As I say, the largest conspiracy site on the web has branded him a hoax on very little evidence - That must make it so... Follow the trend and disregard my opinion if it makes life easier for your self..
edit on 21-12-2012 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

I'm not a fan of the Billy Meier story, but I also accept that it could be true, and one thing to consider, if someone came forward with such claims that were in actual fact true, wouldn't TPTB do all they could to discredit them? I would also suggest that other people, who's claims may be far-fetched, have been subjected to the same kind of treatment.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

And having the perception to see that possibility makes all the difference

top topics

<< 1   >>

join